Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Generally speaking what is the lead time on new orders. For a base model hatchback car? Have a relative that has test driven one and dealer very vague on how long an order would take. What is the general latency period others are being told?

1 hour ago, Cs233 said:

Generally speaking what is the lead time on new orders. For a base model hatchback car? Have a relative that has test driven one and dealer very vague on how long an order would take. What is the general latency period others are being told?

If you go on the Toyota website and choose your spec it will give you the estimated delivery time. I just tried a white Icon 1.8 hatchback and it said delivery from 31 weeks. 

• Like 1

Jan to Feb next year, RRG Macclesfield had an icon tech h/b and inchape Basingstoke had an icon h/b both cancelled orders. I got my Icon Tech from Basingstoke. 

Picked up my Icon Tech HB earlier today and loving it already. It's my first brand new car, I've just come from a mk6 Golf with nearly 150k miles on the clock.

Bang on 4 months from order date to collection.

• Like 1

How long roughly is it from showing Derbyshire to the start of the build? 
My app changed over 2 weeks ago and still nothing has happened? 

Thanks

Matt

36 minutes ago, Composite Guru said:

Thanks

Matt

When mine appeared in Derbyshire, near Cromford, it had already been built and was in transit. I only live 25 miles or so from the factory but it still took over a week before it reached the dealership.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

When mine appeared in Derbyshire, near Cromford, it had already been built and was in transit. I only live 25 miles or so from the factory but it still took over a week before it reached the dealership.

Thanks. I did wonder if that was the case for mine. The dealer said it should be with them by the end of July or maybe seven sooner. 

Had an update from my dealer!

Order date: March 25th
Model: Corolla HB, Excel (White / Black Bi-Tone) 
Expected delivery: Late August
Dealer recommendation: Wait until September for registration to get the new plates

Has been quite on track with the guidance given when I put down the deposit. Will see how the next few weeks go as it's still on "Processing" in the app and not scheduled to start the build until the 20th of July from looking at the tracking data on the site. 

3 hours ago, BUK57 said:

Had an update from my dealer!

Order date: March 25th
Model: Corolla HB, Excel (White / Black Bi-Tone) 
Expected delivery: Late August
Dealer recommendation: Wait until September for registration to get the new plates

Has been quite on track with the guidance given when I put down the deposit. Will see how the next few weeks go as it's still on "Processing" in the app and not scheduled to start the build until the 20th of July from looking at the tracking data on the site. 

I’ve just rang my dealer to talk about my personal plate and they say my car is in production. The app doesn’t say anything though. Strange. 

2 hours ago, Composite Guru said:

I’ve just rang my dealer to talk about my personal plate and they say my car is in production. The app doesn’t say anything though. Strange. 

You have to do the back end search, on chrome browser to get the extra information. The information on how to do it is earlier in this thread, if my memory is working correctly in this heat!

29 minutes ago, Glynn H said:

You have to do the back end search, on chrome browser to get the extra information. The information on how to do it is earlier in this thread, if my memory is working correctly in this heat!

I have, the delivery date hasn’t changed. Due 9th August. They said it could be sooner though. 

And into build we go! Ordered 23rd March. Design, white with pan roof. 5am this morning my app updated. Same as when it finally went processing at the factory. Lucky I was up at the time the email came through 🙂 still estimated 29/7

On 7/11/2022 at 6:39 PM, Composite Guru said:

Thanks

Matt

The same for me. Showed Derbyshire 2 weeks ago but the app hasn't moved yet from processing order. Not that I'm checking it twice a day. Dealer said they're expecting it to arrive first week of August so must be being built soon I guess. 

23 minutes ago, BelfastSoda said:

The same for me. Showed Derbyshire 2 weeks ago but the app hasn't moved yet from processing order. Not that I'm checking it twice a day. Dealer said they're expecting it to arrive first week of August so must be being built soon I guess. 

If I remember rightly the MyT app didn’t update until the car arrived with the dealer and it appeared then as a VIN number when they booked it in or whatever they do. If it is showing on the map as near Cromford I think it means it is in transit to your dealer.

On 7/12/2022 at 8:46 PM, eyemdee said:

If I remember rightly the MyT app didn’t update until the car arrived with the dealer and it appeared then as a VIN number when they booked it in or whatever they do. If it is showing on the map as near Cromford I think it means it is in transit to your dealer.

If that’s is the case my car has been on the back of a lorry for 2 weeks. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Composite Guru said:

If that’s is the case my car has been on the back of a lorry for 2 weeks. Lol

Yes mine was as well and I only live about 25 miles from the factory. I think the location on the map probably represents the centre of Derbyshire and not the actual position of the car. I think in transit possibly means waiting for that lorry!

On 7/14/2022 at 9:36 PM, eyemdee said:

Yes mine was as well and I only live about 25 miles from the factory. I think the location on the map probably represents the centre of Derbyshire and not the actual position of the car. I think in transit possibly means waiting for that lorry!

Yes very much so.

Finally!!!

After almost seven months of waiting my car was finally ready. Initially it was to be delivered but as it was at my local dealer, I decided to pick it up. 

It was a day of giddy excitement and utter horror at the same time. I finally had my car and it meant I didn’t have to drive the missus car anymore. Which is still a fine car but the Corolla I’m sure will be a lot more economical. 

Anyway the horror. To my utter shock the car had scratches all over it. There’s at least six large scratches down a number of panels and even one on the drivers side window. Yes, they’ve even managed to scratch glass! It’s fairly obvious that who ever “cleaned” the car did so with a pumice stone or microfibre cloth that had been dropped multiple times on a very gritty floor. Very little to no care was taken whatsoever! And it was rather dusty too. It took me 5 minutes to wash it down when I got home. So it’s not hard. 

The gentleman who handed the car over and went through the paperwork was shocked! Embarrassed even and couldn’t have been more apologetic. And even insisted that it’ll be booked into their body repair shop for every scratch to be dealt with. I think one or two can be buffed out but a couple are fairly deep down to the primer. All of the details were annotated on the paperwork and this work will obviously be carried out FOC and a curtesy car will be provided. But it’s an inconvenience I shouldn’t have to be dealing with. 

To say I was devastated was an understatement! I’ve never picked up a new car that was in such poor condition. But I need my car and as it was all recorded and Toyota were insistent about the scratches being repaired, I still took delivery. 

I have taken a number of photos myself and fed back the findings to my leasing company whom I’m sure won’t be impressed either! Considering they own it! 

Alas, despite the scratches, it’s a gorgeous car and I love the colour! The way it sparkles in the sun is mesmerising! 
The new infotainment system seems really good and I haven’t found many things that I don’t like yet. The HUD seems a bit out of focus but apart from that it’s good with lots of useful details. 

The only things I wish it did have were a few of the Excel qualities. Power boot lid, dual LED headlights, and the heated wiper element but I prefer the GR styling so I’m ok to compromise on these minor details. And the Black roof would have been awesome! I don’t care what the missus say’s, I like the Navy and Black colour combo! 

The missus is getting the Excel Rav in Sept/Oct and we’ve already considered telling the lease company NOT to send it to the same dealer. We’d rather travel the extra mile to go to the next nearest one! 

Anyway I’m sure everyone is begging to know the main thing on everyone’s mind! 

Snows Toyota Millbrook Southampton. The gentleman that handed over the car was great and really sorry, but their car cleaning staff need sacking! 

5778198A-B027-4FF1-8802-7F3E7CDEA4CD.jpeg

633B4E5A-8238-4DC7-9E36-FCF53482419E.jpeg

E48CDC4D-6E15-48FA-98F7-62E0C6C06C41.jpeg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Southern Mike said:

Finally!!!

After almost seven months of waiting my car was finally ready. Initially it was to be delivered but as it was at my local dealer, I decided to pick it up. 

It was a day of giddy excitement and utter horror at the same time. I finally had my car and it meant I didn’t have to drive the missus car anymore. Which is still a fine car but the Corolla I’m sure will be a lot more economical. 

Anyway the horror. To my utter shock the car had scratches all over it. There’s at least six large scratches down a number of panels and even one on the drivers side window. Yes, they’ve even managed to scratch glass! It’s fairly obvious that who ever “cleaned” the car did so with a pumice stone or microfibre cloth that had been dropped multiple times on a very gritty floor. Very little to no care was taken whatsoever! And it was rather dusty too. It took me 5 minutes to wash it down when I got home. So it’s not hard. 

The gentleman who handed the car over and went through the paperwork was shocked! Embarrassed even and couldn’t have been more apologetic. And even insisted that it’ll be booked into their body repair shop for every scratch to be dealt with. I think one or two can be buffed out but a couple are fairly deep down to the primer. All of the details were annotated on the paperwork and this work will obviously be carried out FOC and a curtesy car will be provided. But it’s an inconvenience I shouldn’t have to be dealing with. 

To say I was devastated was an understatement! I’ve never picked up a new car that was in such poor condition. But I need my car and as it was all recorded and Toyota were insistent about the scratches being repaired, I still took delivery. 

I have taken a number of photos myself and fed back the findings to my leasing company whom I’m sure won’t be impressed either! Considering they own it! 

Alas, despite the scratches, it’s a gorgeous car and I love the colour! The way it sparkles in the sun is mesmerising! 
The new infotainment system seems really good and I haven’t found many things that I don’t like yet. The HUD seems a bit out of focus but apart from that it’s good with lots of useful details. 

The only things I wish it did have were a few of the Excel qualities. Power boot lid, dual LED headlights, and the heated wiper element but I prefer the GR styling so I’m ok to compromise on these minor details. And the Black roof would have been awesome! I don’t care what the missus say’s, I like the Navy and Black colour combo! 

The missus is getting the Excel Rav in Sept/Oct and we’ve already considered telling the lease company NOT to send it to the same dealer. We’d rather travel the extra mile to go to the next nearest one! 

Snows Toyota Millbrook Southampton. The gentleman that handed over the car was great and really sorry, but their car cleaning staff need sacking! 

Great stuff, my TS GR (White) is due at the dealership for 2nd of Sept. It’s been a long wait. But I can’t believe more care wasn’t taken to make sure your car was fit for duty. I would have been pretty fuming after the long wait. Great colour combo. Yes I also went for the GR for looks over functionality 😀

4 hours ago, Southern Mike said:

Finally!!!

Great car , sorry for your experience - terrible feeling I would assume.

I’m waiting for my Excell version , but def I would take the GR steering wheel 😉

My 2.0L Ts Excel just gone into build at Derbyshire. Ordered 19th February. 

regards

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ic2 said:

My 2.0L Ts Excel just gone into build at Derbyshire. Ordered 19th February. 

regards

Just done the Chrome hack on the webpage and its saying Aug 4 for dealer delivery

Hi All my 2.0 ts gr in white arrived today ordered 22nd feb so 5 months, has anyone noticed slight colour change on bumpers compared to body?

2 hours ago, jsingi said:

Hi All my 2.0 ts gr in white arrived today ordered 22nd feb so 5 months, has anyone noticed slight colour change on bumpers compared to body?

Had all the white protective plastic film been removed from the exterior body panels? 

Ok, so after 3 weeks of the Derbyshire location being shown on the app, my car has now gone into production. 
When I rang the dealer 2 weeks ago they said it was being built then. 
I’m starting to think they are talking b*llocks. 🤣

A2C343AF-0A63-4C0D-91ED-94CE2D43239E.png