Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

6 hours ago, Composite Guru said:

I’m starting to think they are talking b*llocks. 🤣

surely not?!!! 🤣

19 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Had all the white protective plastic film been removed from the exterior body panels? 

Pretty sure it has , just the bumper looks creamier than the wings etc, bit paranoid its been scratched and painted or maybe being a different material thats how it is, will have to look out for another white one to compare

Just now, jsingi said:

Pretty sure it has , just the bumper looks creamier than the wings etc, bit paranoid its been scratched and painted or maybe being a different material thats how it is, will have to look out for another white one to compare

Many makes of modern car are like this as it’s the difference in texture between painted plastic bumpers and steel body panels. The worst I ever had was a Honda Civic which had a very noticeable colour difference on the rear bumper. Every other car in the dealership was the same.

1 hour ago, eyemdee said:

Many makes of modern car are like this as it’s the difference in texture between painted plastic bumpers and steel body panels. The worst I ever had was a Honda Civic which had a very noticeable colour difference on the rear bumper. Every other car in the dealership was the same.

My Volvo bumpers are the same. Think the plasticisers in the primer have an effect on the paint when cured. 
I’ve owned it from new and it’s never been sprayed. 

22 hours ago, eyemdee said:

Its prob just me then, the superb i had before in blue was fine ,perhaps white is more noticeable.

21 hours ago, Composite Guru said:

My Volvo bumpers are the same. Think the plasticisers in the primer have an effect on the paint when cured. 
I’ve owned it from new and it’s never been sprayed. 

👌thx

On 7/22/2022 at 5:44 PM, jsingi said:

Hi All my 2.0 ts gr in white arrived today ordered 22nd feb so 5 months, has anyone noticed slight colour change on bumpers compared to body?

Yes, mine are slightly different. Mine is solid white.

2 hours ago, Kental said:

Yes, mine are slightly different. Mine is solid white.

thx for that

My car is on its way. 2.0l GR Sport HB. 
Ordered 7th April. 

471748AB-03A0-48B7-90C7-5CFAA9C2A5AD.png

6 hours ago, Composite Guru said:

My car is on its way. 2.0l GR Sport HB. 
Ordered 7th April. 

471748AB-03A0-48B7-90C7-5CFAA9C2A5AD.png

Same. Been sat like that for 8 days now. The wait is painful. Dealer phoned last week said it should be here this week. Looking on Chrome it’s saying 4/8 still. Moved later. I guess I’ll just have to try and stay patient for a little longer 😶

28 minutes ago, tommo244 said:

Same. Been sat like that for 8 days now. The wait is painful. Dealer phoned last week said it should be here this week. Looking on Chrome it’s saying 4/8 still. Moved later. I guess I’ll just have to try and stay patient for a little longer 😶

Wow, how long does it sit on a truck for. 😅

How accurate is the expected delivery date when looking at the background info of the MyT tracker.

Mine recently updated to say 8 weeks from now 

14 hours ago, Tom483 said:

How accurate is the expected delivery date when looking at the background info of the MyT tracker.

Mine recently updated to say 8 weeks from now 

Well mine has been a bit all over the show. Only by weeks. Originally 15/8. Then was built and showing delivery 25/7. Then moved to 29/7. Then back to 25/7. Now moved to 4/8… dealer thought it would come this week but not convinced. Did mention the driver shortage etc. which I understand.

12 minutes ago, tommo244 said:

Well mine has been a bit all over the show. Only by weeks. Originally 15/8. Then was built and showing delivery 25/7. Then moved to 29/7. Then back to 25/7. Now moved to 4/8… dealer thought it would come this week but not convinced. Did mention the driver shortage etc. which I understand.

Mine originally said 4/8 but on Monday it moved to 29/7 for arrival at final destination. Checked this morning and still says 29/7

4 hours ago, ic2 said:

Mine originally said 4/8 but on Monday it moved to 29/7 for arrival at final destination. Checked this morning and still says 29/7

Well I have just had a surprise phone call off the dealer that my car arrived this afternoon! On my way in to sign the paperwork. Hopefully pick up tomorrow or Friday! That happened quickly! 

Awesome, enjoy! 

I’m trading in my current car and Sod’s law the MOT is due a day before current delivery time. Sounds like it will hopefully come sooner and save me the cost of it🤞

11 hours ago, ic2 said:

Mine originally said 7th August but now says 3rd. 

15 hours ago, Composite Guru said:

Mine originally said 7th August but now says 3rd. 

Mine has slipped from 29/7 to 4/8 the original date that was shown when status went to “in transit”

7 hours ago, ic2 said:

Mine has slipped from 29/7 to 4/8 the original date that was shown when status went to “in transit”

Yours is probably on the same transport as mine. 🤣

10 hours ago, Composite Guru said:

Yours is probably on the same transport as mine. 🤣

😂 Derbyshire to Hertfordshire is not a long way tbh. 😆

4 hours ago, ic2 said:

😂 Derbyshire to Hertfordshire is not a long way tbh. 😆

Mine was only going from Derby to Lincoln, but it still took almost a month.

Dealer emailed today. Car is arriving on the 3rd as planned. Collecting on a Friday the 5th. 
Then it’s going to sit in my garage for 2 1/2 weeks whilst I go on holiday. 

See, this sort of thing is why the 12v Battery goes flat!!

Unless the trip from the dealer to your house is quite long, you might want to get a jumpstarter pack and familiarize yourself with how to get in the car and access the jump terminals when the 12v Battery is stone dead...

Those with a 2.0 TS. How quick is it? I’m coming from a 215bhp A250e Merc. 

If its visited a main dealer for any service work I would expect them to check the voltage an any 12 volt Battery in the workshop and if neccasery charging it before returning it to a customer.

After that if its sitting around for nearly 3 weeks in your garage I recommend fitting a Battery charger one that can do FLOAT charge ie Battery maintainer.