Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

18 minutes ago, Cyker said:

See, this sort of thing is why the 12v battery goes flat!!

Unless the trip from the dealer to your house is quite long, you might want to get a jumpstarter pack and familiarize yourself with how to get in the car and access the jump terminals when the 12v battery is stone dead...

I have a CTEK. It will be used over that period. 
problem is I’ll have to leave the boot open because the Battery is in there. Glad I have a garage. 🤣

• Like 1

My car still says Processing Order even though the dealer said they expected delivery first week of August and the backend estimate says 11th August. Guess I find out in the next few weeks which is right. 

Mine is ready for delivery! Ordered 2nd Feb, arrived at the specified date when buying it (mid July) but communication hasn't been great with the dealership as we kept missing each other for days (apparently we are one of the busiest pair in the UK right now 🤣). I have to take half the blame for that to be honest, as the guy has called me several times. Anyway, today or tomorrow I'm getting my 2.0TS GR in Manhattan grey!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Arita said:

Mine is ready for delivery! Ordered 2nd Feb, arrived at the specified date when buying it (mid July) but communication hasn't been great with the dealership as we kept missing each other for days (apparently we are one of the busiest pair in the UK right now 🤣). I have to take half the blame for that to be honest, as the guy has called me several times. Anyway, today or tomorrow I'm getting my 2.0TS GR in Manhattan grey!

I had a similar experience with poor communication from the dealer. Car arrived with them on 18th May but no-one called me until 28th to say they were taxing it for me and I should be able to collect it the following week when the salesman returned from holiday. I rang them the following week to be told the salesman was still on holiday and would call me the following Monday. The V5 arrived through my door that Monday but still no phone call. I phoned them the following day and arranged collection for the following Monday, almost 4 weeks after they had received it. Very disappointing experience.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Arita said:

Wow, I ordered my Manhattan GR HB at the start of April and it’s just been delivered. That’s quite a difference. 

3 hours ago, eyemdee said:

I had a similar experience with poor communication from the dealer. Car arrived with them on 18th May but no-one called me until 28th to say they were taxing it for me and I should be able to collect it the following week when the salesman returned from holiday. I rang them the following week to be told the salesman was still on holiday and would call me the following Monday. The V5 arrived through my door that Monday but still no phone call. I phoned them the following day and arranged collection for the following Monday, almost 4 weeks after they had received it. Very disappointing experience.

Wow that's bad! Mine was kinda bad with telling me the progress etc. He called to get the delivery slot reserved etc but he didn't even say that the car was there, I guessed it was. I couldn't get it as he didn't give me enough time to plan (called me mid July to see when I could get it and the impression was that he wanted the car gone as quickly as possible, but I have to travel 100mi to the dealership) and then work and life happened so I could only get it the 31st, to which I said, well, just do it the 1st then. He has done that to be fair so they've been spot on with everything but communication. Every time I called he was on other calls or not even there so I guessed he's been crazy busy. And every time he has called I was busy and couldn't pick up 🤣

2 hours ago, Composite Guru said:

Wow, I ordered my Manhattan GR HB at the start of April and it’s just been delivered. That’s quite a difference. 

Yeah to be fair the guy told me mid July in Feb and that's what's been, so they have been quite precise with the date!! TS, for whatever reason, takes longer than HB. My missus saw a couple of lorries on the M6 full with Manhattan grey HB/TS so I'm guessing as well that they do them in batches of same colour; maybe they've done all greys together. Who knows, I'm just talking bs really hahaha.

I had an interesting experience with my purchase - think I never shared this

Ordered Icon Tech TS in standard white on 31st of December. The car went to building process no more than 10 days later and was delivered to the dealer mid February. I guess I was supper lucky- a cancelled order, or maybe this specific specs were built in excess at a time. Took the car on 1st of March - I was probably the first one with a 22 Reg in the town. 

The interesting bit....when the app changed to(received an email too)the car was delivered to the dealer, I quickly emailed the sales man to let him know I was happy to wait till March for a 22 reg. He sent me an email back being very surprised, stating there isn't such a car with them yet and he is investigating. Imagine my face "What".....Couple of days later he called me back saying he has found my car - it's been delivered to a wrong dealer😂😂😂 somewhere north and will be with them in few days.

Well, even car deliveries could get lost😂😂😂 Come on Toyota 

Presumably the car may have been delivered to the originating order dealer - possibly part of the same group?

6 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presumably the car may have been delivered to the originating order dealer - possibly part of the same group?

Could be the case, but would expect the sales man knowing those bits, not being surprised and need 2 days to find where my car has gone

I was absolutely fine with it, yet I think it was funny- a car got lost. Received it exactly when I wanted it anyway.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:49 AM, ic2 said:

Mine originally said 4/8 but on Monday it moved to 29/7 for arrival at final destination. Checked this morning and still says 29/7

App shows it’s arrived at the dealer, so just waiting for phone call to pick it up. Ordering to delivery has taken about 22 weeks. 

So my GR Sport seems to have had the delivery date pushed out from yesterday to next Thursday according to the background info on the Toyota website. Not sure why that has happened as the dealer was pretty certain that it would be delivered. Not heard a bean from the dealer which is pretty poor. 
They are now going to have to keep it until the 24th because I’m going on holiday this weekend. 
Oh well. 

On 8/1/2022 at 2:15 PM, BelfastSoda said:

My car still says Processing Order even though the dealer said they expected delivery first week of August and the backend estimate says 11th August. Guess I find out in the next few weeks which is right. 

How are you getting on @BelfastSoda?   

I’m in Northern Ireland.  Ordered Scarlet Flare 2.0 estate Excel (JBL) 24th February with estimated delivery in August.  Scrolling through the comments haven’t seen too many red ones in that spec mentioned.  

Contacted by dealer several times including today.  17th August is the estimated delivery date but they have no chassis number.  

MyT continues to just show Processing Order with no other info.  The backend search just shows null and “nostatus”.  

I already have a 2020 version of the same car in black so least I have something nice to drive while I wait but starting to get a bit frustrated at the lack of progress.  I believe dealer doing all they can but be nice if Toyota UK/ the factory gave some info like… this is where your car is in the queue/ this is when we will be building red ones (if that’s how it works! 🤷‍♂️).  Don’t mind waiting but don’t like the lack of info so close to the estimated delivery date.  

19 hours ago, mrb338 said:

I’m in Northern Ireland.  Ordered Scarlet Flare 2.0 estate Excel (JBL) 24th February with estimated delivery in August.  Scrolling through the comments haven’t seen too many red ones in that spec mentioned.  

I have to give it to you , you have very good taste 😁 i’m waiting pretty much the same car 😁 But I can’t help with any estimated delivery as mine is due only in November 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mrb338 said:

I believe dealer doing all they can but be nice if Toyota UK/ the factory gave some info like… this is where your car is in the queue/ this is when we will be building red ones (if that’s how it works! 🤷‍♂️).  Don’t mind waiting but don’t like the lack of info so close to the estimated delivery date.  

Frustration is when the estimated delivery arrives and still no update or confirmed delivery.  I ordered a Yaris on 16th February with a delivery date of August, which slipped to September, October then November, so fully expect it to slip into December then January. As you say it would be nice to know if you are perhaps number 20,000 in the queue with a particular batch of cars scheduled for coming months, would be good to see some tranparency.  I don't mind it slipping slightly and was fully expecting September with the new registration which would have been great.  Still not sure why some people receive their cars in good time and others don't which makes me think that maybe some dealers get preference over others.  Another thing is that I am seeing new cars advertised as cancelled orders which surely should be offered to those already waiting in the queue.  I have expressed that I am willing to take a different specification and colour if this allows me to take a cancelled order, but so far there has been radio silence from Toyota.  Getting quite deperate now as the daily drive has now been sold, so hiring a car in the indefinite interim.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 6:25 PM, mrb338 said:

How are you getting on @BelfastSoda?   

Contacted by dealer several times including today.  17th August is the estimated delivery date but they have no chassis number.  

MyT continues to just show Processing Order with no other info.  The backend search just shows null and “nostatus”.  

I already have a 2020 version of the same car in black so least I have something nice to drive while I wait but starting to get a bit frustrated at the lack of progress.  I believe dealer doing all they can but be nice if Toyota UK/ the factory gave some info like… this is where your car is in the queue/ this is when we will be building red ones (if that’s how it works! 🤷‍♂️).  Don’t mind waiting but don’t like the lack of info so close to the estimated delivery date.  

Mine is still sitting at Processing Order in the MyT app. I tried calling Hurst today for an update but my sales guy was busy and hasn't called me back yet. I just checked the back end and the estimatedDeliveryToFinalDestination has updated from last I checked it. Few days ago it was 2022-08-11 and today it says 2022-08-30 so not looking great. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BelfastSoda said:

Mine is still sitting at Processing Order in the MyT app. I tried calling Hurst today for an update but my sales guy was busy and hasn't called me back yet. I just checked the back end and the estimatedDeliveryToFinalDestination has updated from last I checked it. Few days ago it was 2022-08-11 and today it says 2022-08-30 so not looking great. 

This is what I’m getting: 

03808B13-EEE9-454B-AD69-B4DE28843D68.jpeg

On 8/4/2022 at 1:02 PM, ic2 said:

App shows it’s arrived at the dealer, so just waiting for phone call to pick it up. Ordering to delivery has taken about 22 weeks. 

Picked mine up today and love the changes from my 2020 GR. Two things that stand out for me

1. wireless car play, no more trailing wires 🙂

2. built in sat nav (as far as I can tell) needs no tethering and actually has live traffic updates plus road flow status, a bit Googlesk which is nice

Having some challenges with the Nextbase 380GWX Dashcam that’s been fitted but the dealer is being brilliant in getting it sorted  

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 11:27 AM, mrb338 said:

This is what I’m getting: 

03808B13-EEE9-454B-AD69-B4DE28843D68.jpeg

What is the “name” of that under the “network” tab. I can’t find it.

Picture of the car appeared. What does this mean? Can I get a bit excited? 

C7DAD454-A344-4D62-AD68-1DC66CFF8597.jpeg

5 minutes ago, TCTS2 said:

Picture of the car appeared. What does this mean? Can I get a bit excited? 

C7DAD454-A344-4D62-AD68-1DC66CFF8597.jpeg

E4633686-0597-4B16-8632-2B9A184FAF28.thumb.jpeg.dfb6c94fdc4808d5144b4ec9a2a93f5f.jpeg

Same here.  I just got a photo and a few details about the car that weren’t there before.  No change to the null and nostatus in the back end search.  

Don’t know if this means anything…

27 minutes ago, TCTS2 said:

What is the “name” of that under the “network” tab. I can’t find it.

When you click on network, you type in your order number into the search tab.  Then refresh the page.  It brings up a list- there are two identical numbers in my list both ending in my order number.  

Don’t click on the preflight (see type column) one.  Others on this forum have mentioned json but I am not seeing that.  I have clicked on the xhr one and then Preview to get what I am seeing.  

If anyone thinks I’m doing anything wrong please do let me know.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mrb338 said:

When you click on network, you type in your order number into the search tab.  Then refresh the page.  It brings up a list- there are two identical numbers in my list both ending in my order number.  

Don’t click on the preflight (see type column) one.  Others on this forum have mentioned json but I am not seeing that.  I have clicked on the xhr one and then Preview to get what I am seeing.  

If anyone thinks I’m doing anything wrong please do let me know.  

Thanks, makes sense. Still showing the 2/9/22 on there. Which matches what my dealer said. 

3 hours ago, mrb338 said:

E4633686-0597-4B16-8632-2B9A184FAF28.thumb.jpeg.dfb6c94fdc4808d5144b4ec9a2a93f5f.jpeg

Same here.  I just got a photo and a few details about the car that weren’t there before.  No change to the null and nostatus in the back end search.  

Don’t know if this means anything…

Same for me too! At least it shows the dealer ordered the right colour!

Ordered 4th May…

I got this a few days ago. Pity I’m on holiday for the next 2 weeks.

58D2CFD8-7A31-4251-B2E2-6A0F04578CB7.png

Screenshot_20220814-152453.thumb.png.cef4be073e672c7d925435c2678abaad.png

Picture of my car has appeared and it's gone into "Build in progress". Backend still says 2022-08-30 for estimated delivery to final destination. 2.0lt Design no other options picked, ordered 24th Febuary.