Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

On 9/7/2022 at 2:44 PM, Portocksboy said:

My dealer tells me it won’t appear on My T until it goes into production.  I wonder whether the extra delay is because we have specified a GR sports.

They must have changed something. Mine appeared as “Corolla” order being processed in MyT a short time after placing the order.

On 9/6/2022 at 5:28 PM, Gorjam said:

Hi. I ordered a Manhattan grey TS 2.0 excel /panroof/ on March 21st and was told at the time to expect a 6 to 7 month wait. Today I have been told not to expect the car until January. Gutted.

Wow. I ordered my Manhattan HB GR Sport on 7th April and got it last week. 
That’s really rubbish mate. A long time to wait. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, eyemdee said:

They must have changed something. Mine appeared as “Corolla” order being processed in MyT a short time after placing the order.

I am wondering if that was when our order was accepted.  Perhaps the my23 orders are not accepted yet.

On 9/6/2022 at 1:47 PM, warebear said:

Hi Guys, 

I've ordered through my dad's work, as he is employed my toyota. Getting anything out of work is proving hard to get. 

Anyone order end of April or Beginning of May that has a rough delivery date? 

I'm having the Excel HB in Obsidian Blue bi tone. Couldn't get the full colour one for some reason. 

When I ordered I'm sure it was a 4 or 5 month waiting list, believe it is 8 months now. 

Looking forward to getting it, but just wondering if I should be hopeful of October, or probably more like Christmas time now. 

I don't have access to MyT as it wasn't ordered through a dealer. 

I ordered 1.8 HB GR Sport on 28th April and the app still says ‘processing’. I was originally told late September or October delivery. I have heard nothing since placing the order, but see some orders placed early April already delivered.

27 minutes ago, Managhbeg said:

I ordered 1.8 HB GR Sport on 28th April and the app still says ‘processing’. I was originally told late September or October delivery. I have heard nothing since placing the order, but see some orders placed early April already delivered.

September / October is what I thought too. Fingers crossed we get it around then. It would also fall in line if some early April orders are now been delivered. I remember that the Touring Sports had longer delays, but only by a month or so. I also had no extras, so hoping this helps is not been delayed.

This will be my first ever new car, be even sweeter if it was on a reg that was only 1 month old. A rare 72 plate. 

So excited, feel like a kid 😂

• Like 1

Ha, just changed my email address to the one on the order, and bingo “processing” appeared with an order number.  Not particularly useful after 5 months!

hey ho!

3 minutes ago, Portocksboy said:

Ha, just changed my email address to the one on the order, and bingo “processing” appeared with an order number.  Not particularly useful after 5 months!

hey ho!

Another helpful dealer then - not!

Took delivery of TS 2.0 M.Grey l. So just a week shy of 6 months since ordering They said at the time the wait is now longer… around 9 months so no signs of it getting better anytime soon. 

This from the Toyota site bothers me as we go not deliveries in 2023!

Specifications shown are for model year 2022 UK vehicles, and subject to vehicle production lead times, the model ordered may be built according to model year 2023 specification. It is anticipated that your Toyota Centre will advise you of any changes in specification, and any price implication once your ordered vehicle goes into production (at the latest), at which point you have the right to accept such changes, or cancel your order and have any deposit returned to you.

3 hours ago, Portocksboy said:

Specifications shown are for model year 2022 UK vehicles, and subject to vehicle production lead times, the model ordered may be built according to model year 2023 specification. It is anticipated that your Toyota Centre will advise you of any changes in specification, and any price implication once your ordered vehicle goes into production (at the latest), at which point you have the right to accept such changes, or cancel your order and have any deposit returned to you.

That's not a very positive statement. Meaning you could end up with a spec mix of 22 or 23. Very confusing. I will hold off ordering untill things settle down.

1 hour ago, bigblock said:

That's not a very positive statement. Meaning you could end up with a spec mix of 22 or 23. Very confusing. I will hold off ordering untill things settle down.

I agree, it is misleading and contradicts their statement that the order book for 2022 models has closed. As far as I can see the prices are all MY2023 but the web site has not yet been updated to reflect the new MY2023 specifications. I would presume any order placed now would be for the new 2023 spec but who knows?

This car in basic form is now hitting over £30'000 with a choice of paint. It's way too much, I feel, and is not only encroaching the price of a Lexus but full EV. 

15 hours ago, Portocksboy said:

I can’t imagine that cars ordered in late April / early May 2022 would end up having a mix of 22/23 specs ? I guess it depends when this batch of vehicles finally moves to production 🤷🏼‍♂️?

18 minutes ago, Managhbeg said:

I can’t imagine that cars ordered in late April / early May 2022 would end up having a mix of 22/23 specs ? I guess it depends when this batch of vehicles finally moves to production 🤷🏼‍♂️?

For those with the 23 plate delivery will be the new spec, I would think 

That statement on the website is there in case they have a cancelled MY22 order that matches the spec you ordered. 

The best way to ensure this doesn’t happen is to order Decuma grey or Juniper Blue.

If you want to see what is happening with delivery specs look at the MINI forum. Not only has the range been limited but delivery spec is uncertain. You get what was available at manufacture. Also lead times changing by months, many being over a year. Probably going to get worse, for all German cars, as the factories go on short time to save electricity over the winter. 

42 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

That statement on the website is there in case they have a cancelled MY22 order that matches the spec you ordered. 

The best way to ensure this doesn’t happen is to order Decuma grey or Juniper Blue.

Or make sure that the 23 model year you wanted is printed on your original vehicle order form.

I was in contact with dealer today about 1.8 GR Sport HB ordered 28th April. He said it’s looking like November delivery at the minute, but he will be in contact 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Managhbeg said:

I was in contact with dealer today about 1.8 GR Sport HB ordered 28th April. He said it’s looking like November delivery at the minute, but he will be in contact 

I ordered a 1.8 HB 3rd of April with the delivery estimate of end of September. Just been told it's been pushed to 11th November. Gutted, as I was hoping to take the new car for a long trip away end of October 

Seems like the waiting is increasing the more the year goes on. I ordered mine mid Jan and collected it 19th April.

On 9/12/2022 at 6:00 PM, Managhbeg said:

Ordered early May / was told last week delivery at the moment is looking at late November

13 hours ago, Managhbeg said:

See response to my question from Toyota UK on 13th September

05341246-6746-403E-9C68-79593F971A73.jpeg

What an unhelpful reply! I would guess it will be MY22 spec as I believe that is still current production although the order book has now closed. MY23 didn’t become available to order until late August and not expected to deliver before Spring 2023.   

I don't think Toyota and their dealers know what is going on.  I have an email from the dealer saying that my order for a Corolla TS GR 1.8 in Manhattan Grey ordered on 31 March 2022 is due on 14 January 2023!!!

This topic went quiet , anybody receiving their car recently ? Everything is on track , business as usual ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links