Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

11 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

This topic went quiet , anybody receiving their car recently ? Everything is on track , business as usual ?

I was told on Friday that production of the MY22 Corolla has stopped. All customers who had a Corolla on order but didn’t receive by now must change to the MY23 model and wait till January-March (will automatically be front of the queue), or cancel their order. This is in line with MY23 launch booklet timetable circulated by dealers.

I assume production in the UK for the rest of 2022 is focussing on export models and/or Suzuki swace?

That seems to make sense after my experience.  Perhaps my dealer is more on the ball than I gave them credit for.

I am assuming I will have to change to a different colour from Manhattan Grey?

16 hours ago, Managhbeg said:

I was told on Friday that production of the MY22 Corolla has stopped. All customers who had a Corolla on order but didn’t receive by now must change to the MY23 model and wait till January-March (will automatically be front of the queue), or cancel their order. This is in line with MY23 launch booklet timetable circulated by dealers.

I assume production in the UK for the rest of 2022 is focussing on export models and/or Suzuki swace?

That’s interesting, my app has gone today from saying Order Processing to nothing but the dealer contact details. Suggests something is up.

No doubt the change will come with a price increase and a renegotiation on the finance agreement!

I’ll ring the dealer tomorrow to see what they say.

On 9/21/2022 at 6:45 AM, Managhbeg said:

I really hope that’s not the case 😅 Mine finally showed as going into build on Saturday and now like others shows nothing on the tracking via the app only the dealer details, although if I track the order through the toyota website it still shows in build. 

Not heard anything from the dealer this week but was told last week they were expecting delivery next Friday. We shall see 

On 9/21/2022 at 6:45 AM, Managhbeg said:

If this is the case , it is very poor from Toyota 🙄 at the same time it doesn’t make sense to me , and I don’t think the whole production line was just stopped and it will take a couple of months ‘brake’ until the MY23 starts to be build. It might come down to cars being built for the dealers with more influence , more orders historically … I don’t know , just guessing ….. 😬

At the same time , if mine was due for delivery end if November , even if it would be changed to a MY23 order , why wait until January - March ?! 
Something is just not adding up 🤷‍♂️

Doubt very much that Toyota would limit production just to the Swace. Last year there were only around 1100 Swace first registered in the UK, and this year around 350 for the first six months - so small beer compared to the Corolla.

This is all very odd.  Looked at MyT and my car has gone out of "processing" into nothing apart from the dealer contacts (which are out of date).  The dealer email shows Westlands Worcester who left in 2016 and the retailer as Motorline Worcester who changed to Marshalls about a year ago......  Makes one wonder if there are first class dealers and others in Great Burgh's minds!

51 minutes ago, Trafficman said:

.  Makes one wonder if there are first class dealers and others in Great Burgh's minds!

No, that does not exist, every dealer gets the same service, large or small, the next minute somebody will be taking this nonsense for gospel, as per other threads currently on here about BZ4X 

• Like 1

Just got a call from my dealer there. My original order was in February for a 1.8TS GR Sport. They accidentally ordered a HB, which arrived in May so they had to re order the TS. Now looking at Jan/Feb and will be getting a MY23. They are confirming with Toyota if I will need to choose a different colour as Manhattan Grey no longer available.

4 hours ago, jamiec962 said:

Just got a call from my dealer there. My original order was in February for a 1.8TS GR Sport. They accidentally ordered a HB, which arrived in May so they had to re order the TS. Now looking at Jan/Feb and will be getting a MY23. They are confirming with Toyota if I will need to choose a different colour as Manhattan Grey no longer available.

@jamiec962 are they honouring the same deal if changing you from a MY22 to a 23?   Or are they upping the price?

My red touring sport 2.0 Excel was due 17th August, ordered February.  Like others my app has changed from processing order to contact retailer.  Retailer don’t currently know what is going on but have said they will find out and call me back.  

Bit frustrating, understand the delay due to the situation in the world at the minute but would just like to know what is happening.  Perhaps I’m wrong but from following this forum it seems like most of the February orders have received their cars now.  

15 hours ago, mrb338 said:

@jamiec962 are they honouring the same deal if changing you from a MY22 to a 23?   Or are they upping the price?

My red touring sport 2.0 Excel was due 17th August, ordered February.  Like others my app has changed from processing order to contact retailer.  Retailer don’t currently know what is going on but have said they will find out and call me back.  

Bit frustrating, understand the delay due to the situation in the world at the minute but would just like to know what is happening.  Perhaps I’m wrong but from following this forum it seems like most of the February orders have received their cars now.  

It seems like they're honouring the agreed price. Think this is mainly due to the massive mistake they made in the first place that meant they ordered the wrong car! Had to go above the dealer direct to Toyota to figure out so can imagine that's the last thing they want is that mess again.

• Like 1

Update from my dealer:

There is one more production run planned for MY22 which will be in November.

We are currently awaiting confirmation from Toyota those cars which will fall into MY22 and those that will become a MY23.

Officially the MY23 did not go on sale until 1st September and Toyota are doing there best to fulfil all the MY22 orders as MY22.

So it’s a waiting game…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, B19Jon said:

Update from my dealer:

We are currently awaiting confirmation from Toyota those cars which will fall into MY22 and those that will become a MY23.

Officially the MY23 did not go on sale until 1st September and Toyota are doing there best to fulfil all the MY22 orders as MY22.

So it’s a waiting game…

Thanks for sharing 

On 9/23/2022 at 7:12 PM, B19Jon said:

Update from my dealer:

So it’s a waiting game…

The call I received from my dealer today told me pretty much the same.   He is waiting to hear what cars will be 22 and what will be 23.  Good news is the deal I made in February still stands whether I receive a 22 or 23…. At this stage the 23 looks more likely.  Longer wait but I won’t complain if I end up with the newer model.  

So had an update from dad's work, ours is booked through their benefits page.

Ordered beginning of May, handover date due 1st December. 

Gutted it's so long but nice to have an actual date. 

Apparently same spec as I ordered so MY22 Excel HB

• Like 1

My order changed to “contact dealer” last week, but has now changed back to processing and shows Derbyshire etc on the MyT app

Thanks for the update. Just checked, mine has gone back to processing to, but no build date yet. Exactly as it was before.

It’s a bit of a mystery!

I ordered a 1.8 HB April 2nd and was originally estimated a late September delivery. Dealer called me a couple of weeks ago to say the delivery has been pushed to November. Yesterday, I got a notification from MyT to say my order is processing (which is strange as it was always at processing) and now I have more info on my vehicle tracking with a location map showing GPS route from factory.

How long does one wait, once the map and details pop up on MyT?😛

I was contacted this evening by my dealer to offer me the model I ordered - 22 GR Sport 1.8HB - but with the pearlescent white bi-tone paint instead of the standard white. It would be the showroom model and the deal I agreed back in April would be honoured. My only other option is to change my order to 23 model with estimated delivery of April and a price increase of close to £4,000. Basically I’d be going from a £249 per month pcp deal to £296 per month if I wanted the equivalent 23 model.

Looks like I’ll be going for the 22 model and it should be ready for collection within a two weeks.

• Like 2

So I thought I'd share my own experience of the whole 2022 ordering stuff. Ordered a new denim blue TS in February with an August delivery expected - the value of my 2020 Corolla TS was locked in at that point as a minimum value of the trade in, the car was delayed by a week in August, then another few weeks into mid September, then I get the call about the paint being discontinued. I tried to get an idea of the new times before I picked the new colour but no one would commit until the order went in - Toyota GB  just said that they'd try to honour original dates but I was eventually told March by another customer who'd reordered already. In the end because of good luck with timing, a really decent salesperson at the dealership and the sheer amount of equity on the 2020 TS in mid September, I ended up going with a rav4 with about 6k miles on it. Obviously not the best solution to getting a new car that I should have had for weeks now, but especially not a great option for anyone still pushing to get a Corolla TS.

I just don't know what I'm going to do with the stuff I ordered separately for the new one - a bonnet protector and some mats. I'm stuck with a Travall dog guard and divider too from the old 2020 TS. TOYOTA GB doesn't know the half of the hassle of it. 

On 5/24/2022 at 7:38 PM, Ben88 said:

Corolla TS - GR Sport - 2.0 litre - Black

They put the order through on the 17Th of January. 

Seems like a month or a few weeks made all the difference, i cancelled my order in the end and went with something else. I think i remember seeing your order, Charles Hurst one wasn't it?

Ordered a new Corolla 2.0 TS on 1st October and dealer estimates it could arrive in April or May 2023. Got the same monthly payments deal as I pay now and will honour the agreement however long it takes for the new Corolla to arrive. Also asked about the Corolla Cross and dealer reckons it's not coming anytime soon and can get no infomation from head office UK as to when it will be available. It's grinded to a halt it seems.

• Like 1

Well finally after placing my order back in February I collected my 1.8TS GR today! I can finally stop checking the MyT app multiple times a day to see how my order is going! Well worth the wait!

Got a notification from the app that my Corolla is now in build on Saturday. I live in the Midlands so hopefully not too much longer. 

Shame I couldn’t of been a little behind to get the facelift but hey Ho!