Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

On 11/7/2022 at 11:01 PM, eyemdee said:

As far as I remember the VIN number does not appear in your MyT app until the car is actually built. Mine was supposedly delivered to the dealer on 18th May but I didn't take delivery until 13th June. You should get an email on the day it is delivered to the dealer.

I didn't "automatically" get assigned a VIN on the MyT app if that's what you're asking. Here's how it went: I ordered the car, waited ~3 months, got a message one day from the dealer saying the car is built and is ready to ship, waited a few weeks, asked them for the VIN, pasted the VIN on the MyT app and here we are now. Also keep in mind that I'm not in the UK.

Sorry for the dumb format used earlier but anyway; as far as I'm aware, VINs don't get allocated unless the car is already built, right?

On 11/8/2022 at 5:56 AM, ruskiturbo said:

I didn't "automatically" get assigned a VIN on the MyT app if that's what you're asking. Here's how it went: I ordered the car, waited ~3 months, got a message one day from the dealer saying the car is built and is ready to ship, waited a few weeks, asked them for the VIN, pasted the VIN on the MyT app and here we are now. Also keep in mind that I'm not in the UK.

Sorry for the dumb format used earlier but anyway; as far as I'm aware, VINs don't get allocated unless the car is already built, right?

I think it depends on the selling dealer registering your order to your MyT account. Mine told me that I would be able to track its progress in MyT when I placed the order. It showed as "Order processing" for several weeks/months then the VIN number appeared when it was built and shipping.

Has anyone who ordered around June time had any updates for their corolla I am still awaiting and my dealer has basically been ignoring for any updates. Has anyone also received their corolla who ordered on June or even after

42 minutes ago, cx3209210931 said:

Has anyone who ordered around June time had any updates for their corolla I am still awaiting and my dealer has basically been ignoring for any updates. Has anyone also received their corolla who ordered on June or even after

Don’t go ahead of yourself 😁 I ordered early May , and got new delivery date for mid Jan 2023 …… but at the same time there are folks around here who ordered after me and they are on the roads already , so …… don’t hold your breath about when did you ordered …. there is definitely not an order time based delivery system.

4 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

Don’t go ahead of yourself 😁 I ordered early May , and got new delivery date for mid Jan 2023 …… but at the same time there are folks around here who ordered after me and they are on the roads already , so …… don’t hold your breath about when did you ordered …. there is definitely not an order time based delivery system.

Depends on the engine size colour and if you have Speakers (JBL ) delivery date would be next year April 🤣😂

I ordered a 1.8 TS Design March28 last info was Wk3 Nov but no change on the app

I probably don’t have a long time to wait.  I ordered in April and now MyT shows that is in currently in Sweden.  (touring sports)

4 minutes ago, estzx said:

I probably don’t have a long time to wait.  I ordered in April and now MyT shows that is in currently in Sweden.  (touring sports)

Sweden? I thought Corolla TS are built in UK. And 2 litre engines are made in Poland. But I might be wrong.

23 minutes ago, IvayloK said:

Depends on the engine size colour and if you have speakers (JBL ) delivery date would be next year April 🤣😂

Where did you hear this? I have a 2.0 Excel TS in Manhattan grey with JBL and panoramic roof ordered March 21st.

1 minute ago, Gorjam said:

Where did you hear this? I have a 2.0 Excel TS in Manhattan grey with JBL and panoramic roof ordered March 21st.

I don't 'have it. Still waiting rather impatiently by now.

16 minutes ago, IvayloK said:

Sweden? I thought Corolla TS are built in UK. And 2 litre engines are made in Poland. But I might be wrong.

My car build is finished (in Derby) and now in Sweden to wait vessel to reach me. 😃 I have 1.8 

The picture says it all

2-A9-FBB41-E35-F-4028-AAE8-380746-ABAF2-

9 minutes ago, estzx said:

My car build is finished (in Derby) and now in Sweden to wait vessel to reach me. 😃 I have 1.8 

The picture says it all

2-A9-FBB41-E35-F-4028-AAE8-380746-ABAF2-

Ok. You are not in UK. That explains everything.😉

thanks everyone i ordered a 1.8 icon and I am a bit (Mod edit) cause my dealer has been ignoring me for the last month and my t isn't working for me. I hope I dont have to wait for my 23 and have to pay more. I was first told December to January but was told february 2 months ago and now being ignored

6 minutes ago, cx3209210931 said:

thanks everyone i ordered a 1.8 icon and I am a bit (Mod edit) cause my dealer has been ignoring me for the last month and my t isn't working for me. I hope I dont have to wait for my 23 and have to pay more. I was first told December to January but was told february 2 months ago and now being ignored

You are not the only one. I bought from Toyota online in February. Sent a email 2 weeks ago asking for delivery date update,,,but no answer from them. I think I will be forced to go for My 23 pay more and probably lose my 0 percent finance 

2 minutes ago, IvayloK said:

You are not the only one. I bought from Toyota online in February. Sent a email 2 weeks ago asking for delivery date update,,,but no answer from them. I think I will be forced to go for My 23 pay more and probably lose my 0 percent finance 

Really don't want to be paying more to be perfectly honest, it's difficult times at the moment and I really expected my car by december and paying more would probably push me to getting the yaris rather than the corolla instead

10 minutes ago, cx3209210931 said:

Really don't want to be paying more to be perfectly honest, it's difficult times at the moment and I really expected my car by december and paying more would probably push me to getting the yaris rather than the corolla instead

I guess we have to wait and see. Will post updates if I manage to get some info from Toyota 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gorjam said:

Last time I checked Toyota site there was no Manhattan grey anymore. Maybe your colour will change. I purchased 2.0 Excel TS with JBL as well. My colour was Blue. I got email in September from Toyota online to let me know my colour was discontinued. Went for Sterling Silver (Pearlescent Paint) 

All My23 are without JBL and presume they are too embarrassed to send another email telling me no Speakers as well. Starting to look like the flights this summer. Too many bookings not enough ✈️🤣

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cx3209210931 said:

I ordered mine a Manhattan Grey Sports Touring GR Spec 2L on 6th June picked it up 2 weeks ago.

Loving it so far doing around 45/47 MPG which is great for a 2l I think. Just had a tracker and Ghost 👻 fitted and going for Ceramic Coating tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, PeteC74 said:

I ordered mine a Manhattan Grey Sports Touring GR Spec 2L on 6th June picked it up 2 weeks ago.

Loving it so far doing around 45/47 MPG which is great for a 2l I think. Just had a tracker and Ghost 👻 fitted and going for Ceramic Coating tomorrow.

I bet if you use E5 petrol you will probably get 50 MPG

Update: dealer called today, the car will arrive at the dealership on Friday max. So, to summarize: ordered the car in early August, and now we're in early Nov, so a 3 month wait. Speedrun? haha

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 6:55 PM, PeteC74 said:

Well it's at the dealer......called today and it's got to have plates fitted and final dealer checks etc. Said he will call me Monday for collection.

Shame as thought I may be able to pick up tomorrow.....but I guess after waiting 6 months another few days won't hurt.

Wow you are lucky some of us have been waiting 6-8 months what specs is it?

That’s interesting, my dealer had said Toyota build strictly on a first come first served basis! That really doesn’t seem to be the case!

59 minutes ago, B19Jon said:

That’s interesting, my dealer had said Toyota build strictly on a first come first served basis! That really doesn’t seem to be the case!

Basic model in white with 1.8 l 

waiting time 3-6 months. More fancy model with 2.0 l and maybe JBL + any colour different from white one year and more🤣

1 hour ago, B19Jon said:

Semi conductor shortages, parts delays due to Ukraine and Covid closures, etc are affecting some of the higher spec models, especially those with JOB multi media systems, etc.

Similar delays are affecting other manufacturers, with some manufacturers reducing specs so they can complete orders (e.g. Renault, Stellantis, etc), some manufacturers closing order books for some models (e.g. Focus and Fiesta), or removing models from sale in some markets (eg. Audi SUVs, etc).

2 hours ago, IvayloK said:

Basic model in white with 1.8 l 

waiting time 3-6 months. More fancy model with 2.0 l and maybe JBL + any colour different from white one year and more🤣

Not true. I ordered the Dynamic trim (not from UK so trims go like this: ECO, Business, Dynamic, Exclusive and GR Sport) with a dark blue color and I got it in like 3 months.