Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Yes

Original price including Paint etc. No JBL Speakers. I will have no finance but they said 0% APR is still an option if needed. 

My only point of possible contention is the trade in on my car. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JohnCorolla27 said:

Progress !

After 12 months of Progressing order on my MYT app, this morning I got a build in progress notification. 

I originally had a Denim Blue 2.0 HB Excel order moved to MY23 in September last year with a delivery date via my Dealer of 21st March in Sterling Silver.

So fingers crossed 🤞 

Great news!!

I guess this lays to rest the recent rumours of a production suspension at the factory then?! 

Let us know how it progresses. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 4:34 PM, Typhoon72 said:

Ordered a Corolla TS Design 2.0 mid June 2022.

Originally told mid December delivery, and this was then pushed back to Jan, then Feb. Dealer called last week to say it's in stock at the dealership and I've got a delivery slot booked for the second week of March (that's the earliest they had for home delivery)

It's being registered on a 23 plate, but I've still no idea if I'm getting a MY22 or MY23 - it's being ordered on a lease so I'm not in direct contact with the supplying dealer. I guess it'll be a surprise as to what it is when it's delivered 😃

Just to follow up on this, my car was delivered yesterday.

It's a MY22. Interestingly the enclosed documentation shows the date of manufacture as 2nd Dec 2022, and the cert of conformity was signed on 16th Feb 2023.

There must be some queue jumping going on cos this suggests an order-to-build time of only 5 months, compared to others on this forum who have been waiting a lot longer.

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon72 said:

Just to follow up on this, my car was delivered yesterday.

It's a MY22. Interestingly the enclosed documentation shows the date of manufacture as 2nd Dec 2022, and the cert of conformity was signed on 16th Feb 2023.

There must be some queue jumping going on cos this suggests an order-to-build time of only 5 months, compared to others on this forum who have been waiting a lot longer.

How strange.  I guess it must have been nearly built in December, and then was waiting for a part or two?

I just ordered a 1.8 TS Icon. Estimated lead time September - seems rather optimistic to me based on all the above posts. I'm in a position to wait, however.

Managed to negotiate £6k off in total (including Toyota deposit contribution). Obviously high APR negates a lot of that but if you are prepared to pay off the finance then £26k for a very well specified base model seems pretty reasonable in todays market. In fact I think with that sort of discount it's probably the best value automatic family estate around at the moment.

I'd normally look to buy a 2-3 year old car with low mileage but they all seem to be ludicrously priced still.

Sounds like it's become more expensive but the Icon spec does seem extremely good for a base model. Reversing cam / keyless entry / digital display / adaptive cruise / heated seats as standard is great and means most people can put up with this as a compromise.

Plan on keeping for 10 years but my feeling is these Toyota hybrids will hold their value quite well vs a standard petrol or diesel in 3 years time, particularly with the warranty working as it does. Additionally, running something like a VAG PHEV out of warranty, for example, is not a risk I'd personally like to take.

Looking forward to contributing to the forum.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, davejones22 said:

I just ordered a 1.8 TS Icon. Estimated lead time September - seems rather optimistic to me based on all the above posts. I'm in a position to wait, however.

Managed to negotiate £6k off in total (including Toyota deposit contribution). Obviously high APR negates a lot of that but if you are prepared to pay off the finance then £26k for a very well specified base model seems pretty reasonable in todays market. In fact I think with that sort of discount it's probably the best value automatic family estate around at the moment.

I'd normally look to buy a 2-3 year old car with low mileage but they all seem to be ludicrously priced still.

Sounds like it's become more expensive but the Icon spec does seem extremely good for a base model. Reversing cam / keyless entry / digital display / adaptive cruise / heated seats as standard is great and means most people can put up with this as a compromise.

Plan on keeping for 10 years but my feeling is these Toyota hybrids will hold their value quite well vs a standard petrol or diesel in 3 years time, particularly with the warranty working as it does. Additionally, running something like a VAG PHEV out of warranty, for example, is not a risk I'd personally like to take.

Looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Good choice 👍 

You are right about prices and future values of the Toyota hybrids. Currently these are the most expensive cars new or used in direct comparison to ice or bev particularly. Corolla 19-20 are 20% more expensive than Nissan Leaf or Hyundai ioniq, not to mention the others with petrol or diesel. 
What I had been saying about Toyota hybrids been the best choice amongs the oil burners it comes to reality and obviously sends the prices sky high and waited times even longer. It is not just a supply chain issue. 

• Like 2

Apologies to all those waiting since January last year, but I picked up my new 1.8 Icon TS on Monday, replacing a 2021 Icon Tech. I ordered in September, so was surprised that it arrived when it did. Would have had a Denim Blue again, but, as reported elsewhere, this is discontinued, so plumped for Scarlet Flare. Somewhat brighter than on the colour chart, so may have to discourage letter posters. As there are still no brochures, orderers of the Icon need to be aware that the front does not look as dashing as the higher grades, with simple indicators and DRLs.  However, the headlights work as well as on the Icon Tech so no complaints about that. Tyres were all in the 45-48 psi range, so I have recommended that my salesman gives the PDI team a kick in the pants. Tyres are Bridgestone Ecopia and are quiet on smooth roads and not quiet everywhere else. I noticed early signs of droning when driving on surfaces with minigrooves in the direction of travel. On the Icon Tech with Continentals this only became noticeable when the tyres were worn down to 4mm. Driving is as per Toyota hybrid and the extra zip in the revised 1.8 power unit is noticeable even with just 100 gentle miles on board. Otherwise it is less a car and more a smartphone with wheels. Logged in to the multimedia at the dealer and got home to discover that all settings were locked into that profile. So no matter how many times I turn off the Lane Track Assist, the next time I start the car it's back on. I don't think the button pushing is particularly intuitive, but I'll get used to it. To complicate matters, my MyT account has been cancelled because the previous car has been sold (Why, when there is a delete car option?) and I can't log on to MyT to connect the car because of "connectivity/server" issues. It looks like a trip to the dealer is called for. This seems to be the Toyota experience. At least I'll get free tea and biscuits!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RabButler said:

Apologies to all those waiting since January last year, but I picked up my new 1.8 Icon TS on Monday, replacing a 2021 Icon Tech. I ordered in September, so was surprised that it arrived when it did. Would have had a Denim Blue again, but, as reported elsewhere, this is discontinued, so plumped for Scarlet Flare. Somewhat brighter than on the colour chart, so may have to discourage letter posters. As there are still no brochures, orderers of the Icon need to be aware that the front does not look as dashing as the higher grades, with simple indicators and DRLs.  However, the headlights work as well as on the Icon Tech so no complaints about that. Tyres were all in the 45-48 psi range, so I have recommended that my salesman gives the PDI team a kick in the pants. Tyres are Bridgestone Ecopia and are quiet on smooth roads and not quiet everywhere else. I noticed early signs of droning when driving on surfaces with minigrooves in the direction of travel. On the Icon Tech with Continentals this only became noticeable when the tyres were worn down to 4mm. Driving is as per Toyota hybrid and the extra zip in the revised 1.8 power unit is noticeable even with just 100 gentle miles on board. Otherwise it is less a car and more a smartphone with wheels. Logged in to the multimedia at the dealer and got home to discover that all settings were locked into that profile. So no matter how many times I turn off the Lane Track Assist, the next time I start the car it's back on. I don't think the button pushing is particularly intuitive, but I'll get used to it. To complicate matters, my MyT account has been cancelled because the previous car has been sold (Why, when there is a delete car option?) and I can't log on to MyT to connect the car because of "connectivity/server" issues. It looks like a trip to the dealer is called for. This seems to be the Toyota experience. At least I'll get free tea and biscuits!

Any chance you could add some pictures, of the front and the wheels especially?  What colour are the roof bars? 

Thank you 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RabButler said:

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience. Yeap some pictures will be highly appreciated 👍

18 hours ago, RabButler said:

Apologies to all those waiting since January last year, but I picked up my new 1.8 Icon TS on Monday, replacing a 2021 Icon Tech. I ordered in September, so was surprised that it arrived when it did. 

This is not in you , of course it’s not - it’s on Toyota , nobody understands their system anymore which cars are built in which order 🤷‍♂️ base model , top of the range … doesn't matter anymore , the order / build system doesn't have a logic anymore , maybe for them but definitely not for us waiting our cars.

Enjoy your new motor 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

This is not in you , of course it’s not - it’s on Toyota , nobody understands their system anymore which cars are built in which order 🤷‍♂️ base model , top of the range … doesn't matter anymore , the order / build system doesn't have a logic anymore , maybe for them but definitely not for us waiting our cars.

Enjoy your new motor 👍

I know how they work. It's called postcode lottery 🤣.  50 times a day now I check my MyT app I the hope of a update. My  app is showing ( in transit) since 10/02/23.  A month to get the car from Burnaston to London 🤣🤣🤣

• Confused 1

I assume they make them in colour batches and they just happened to have plenty of red. As requested I have taken a few pictures, but the weather was not kind so apologies for the quality. The roof rails are black in answer to a question above.

DSCF0009 edit.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0011 edit.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG

DSCF0015 edit.JPG

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RabButler said:

I assume they make them in colour batches and they just happened to have plenty of red. As requested I have taken a few pictures, but the weather was not kind so apologies for the quality. The roof rails are black in answer to a question above.

DSCF0009 edit.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0011 edit.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG

DSCF0015 edit.JPG

Looks great. I can’t wait now. Mine is red as well so with a bit of luck 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RabButler said:

I assume they make them in colour batches and they just happened to have plenty of red.

Nope , not the case either - my order is Scarlet Flare since last May , current ETA June 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

Nope , not the case either - my order is Scarlet Flare since last May , current ETA June 🤷‍♂️

Most common colour is white 

23 minutes ago, IvayloK said:

I'm guessing that's the only free colour :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IvayloK said:

I don’t understand your point here 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

I don’t understand your point here 🤷‍♂️

A point or an observation?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, James H said:

A point or an observation?

Quoting my reply regarding @RabButler ‘s idea that maybe they’ve had a lot of red pain and it might be why he got his order earlier than expected , nobody stating that scarlet flare might be a common colour … it has to be a point made which I didn’t understood. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RabButler said:

DSCF0009 edit.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0011 edit.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG

DSCF0015 edit.JPG

Thank you, might see my icon TS this side of Christmas but not holding my breath.   

• Sad 1

Well, my order has now been cancelled. The communication from Toyota to the dealerships is terrible, leaving the dealerships literally in limbo and being hung out to dry having to deal with questions and complaints from customers with no backing. 

Ordered a TS design 1.8 in Scarlett flare in June 2022. To this day the order was still sat at "NCO" status. I.e none- confirmed order. 

Toyota not telling the dealerships anything. In this timeframe iv seen numerous people order (months down the line) and collect cars yet I don't even have an ETA after all that time. 

I actually called Toyota customer relations directly a month back and asked if they could discuss with the factory what's happening, like is there an issue with the order, is it awaiting info but the question has been misse etc but they said they had no communication with the factory and only had the order tracker the same as the dealerships. Nonsense.

I was really looking forward to the car and was given a great deal, but the farce of the situation just wasn't worth sticking around for. 

Iv managed to source a Kia Proceed shooting brake on lease in stock and should have it in 2 weeks. Sorted. Yes it's no Toyota but atleast it will come. 

Hopefully the situation eases over the next few years ready to try again. 

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Absolute shambles from Toyota headquarters, or whoever is in charge, but it is like you said a huge mess. I just finished a conversation with Toyota GB customer service. They checked my order which at the moment it doesn’t have a build slot allocated  although my dealer is stating early June ETA 🤷‍♂️  probably this is just something to shut me off . To the question raised that other orders (placed after mine) have been already delivered, she was saying that no MY23 was delivered before March ,  What a big lie 😡 people here, clearly having the new model since mid February I guess … how can this be allowed in 2023 ?!

• Like 4

Definitely a mess from Toyota uk. It might be a case where they had some issues about the new cars orders plus the prices has changed dramatically and if they get more cancelled orders they can fulfil quickly the new orders at higher prices. Like anything else including fuel was price fixed not in a natural way this time but on purpose. It’s not a case of supply and demand. I can’t imagine myself waiting for a car more than two weeks. 🫢

• Like 3

A better picture of the front.

IMG_20230310_103438 edit.jpg

• Like 4

Total shambles, nobody knows where they stand. My September Excel HB order was initially given ETA of March(😂), then 12th May, now 7th July. I'll give it 3 weeks before that's pushed back to September. If I haven't cancelled by then!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links