Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

On 5/23/2022 at 12:50 PM, jamiec962 said:

I understand the likelihood of the APR changing is outwith their control. However, them changing the terms for a problem of their own creation is where the grievance comes from. I should not have to foot that bill.

Hi all,

I know a few of you wanted an update. Emailed Toyota UK complaint and CC'd in the Toyota UK MD. Got a reply within a few hours saying it was being looked into. Got a call and passed over all the details. They have contacted the dealer and have been able to give me my original offer. Still have to now wait till October, but the dealer is giving me an Auris whilst I wait for the new Corolla to arrive. Still livid at having to wait (and also pay a monthly fee for this Auris), and I will be letting the dealer know I am still incredibly disappointed in there service. So onto another 5 month wait for my car....

6 minutes ago, jamiec962 said:

Hi all,

I know a few of you wanted an update. Emailed Toyota UK complaint and CC'd in the Toyota UK MD. Got a reply within a few hours saying it was being looked into. Got a call and passed over all the details. They have contacted the dealer and have been able to give me my original offer. Still have to now wait till October, but the dealer is giving me an Auris whilst I wait for the new Corolla to arrive. Still livid at having to wait (and also pay a monthly fee for this Auris), and I will be letting the dealer know I am still incredibly disappointed in there service. So onto another 5 month wait for my car....

That’s great news Toyota UK  intervened! Not ideal about the Auris but at least your original agreement has been honoured. It’s just disappointing it could not be resolved locally however I get the impression the dealer needed Toyota to be able to uphold the original campaign.

On 5/30/2022 at 10:24 PM, Kental said:

My status changed to being built 20/5, shows as left factory and the first hub on 23/5. Currently showing as In Transit yet my ETA is still 1/7/22. Perhaps there are transporters free going to Scotland earlier than to Lincoln less than 100 miles from the factory.

I've got a feeling it's sitting in a parking lot waiting for enough cars going to your dealership. 

I'm in the same boat, due to arrive on the 7th of June, god knows where it is, how long it takes the dealership to register it and test it, or when I'll be able to drive it home. 

But the car has been built, which is great news. 

Locations updated to Derbyshire and map appeared last week.  According to the backend system delivery date is 1st July. 
Ordered 2.0L Manhattan grey Design HB 11th Feb

38B359C6-1D7A-4E33-98AC-B7977276A017.thumb.jpeg.a9211fc95962d38a27893fae7e6ed2a2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone seen the new 2023 GR yet? Toyota just posted this up on LinkedIn. 
Not keen on the wheels. No interior shots unfortunately. 
Think I prefer the older style wheels personally. 
Amazing they are changing it again even though they can’t keep up with deliveries as it is. 

797B44E2-00A5-44ED-B362-95718118EE96.png

AAB77CB1-A133-49E8-BFBC-0EC61E5E1A55.jpeg

3 hours ago, Composite Guru said:

Amazing they are changing it again even though they can’t keep up with deliveries as it is. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/updated-2023-toyota-corolla-more-powerful-and-efficient#
Gutted the new screen and digital instrument cluster looks pretty decent along with the upgraded BHP on the engines. 2.0 is going to get 193bhp. 

UK specs haven't been confirmed yet.

See:

3 hours ago, lancs23 said:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/updated-2023-toyota-corolla-more-powerful-and-efficient#
Gutted the new screen and digital instrument cluster looks pretty decent along with the upgraded BHP on the engines. 2.0 is going to get 193bhp. 

That’s always the case. Personally I think the difference will be negligible really. If I decided to cancel and wait for a 2023 model it will cost me more in finance and overall cost as they won’t be discounted. 
I prefer to stay one step behind. You don’t get shafted as much that way. 

9 minutes ago, Composite Guru said:

That’s always the case. Personally I think the difference will be negligible really. If I decided to cancel and wait for a 2023 model it will cost me more in finance and overall cost as they won’t be discounted. 
I prefer to stay one step behind. You don’t get shafted as much that way. 

@Composite Guru totally agree. Hopefully mine goes build in progress soon. Will be 16 weeks tomorrow since I ordered. 

7 hours ago, lancs23 said:

@Composite Guru totally agree. Hopefully mine goes build in progress soon. Will be 16 weeks tomorrow since I ordered. 

I prefer the current gen - although I say that and still faced with "Processing Order" Hoping mine goes into build soon too. 20 weeks so far for me.

10 hours ago, Composite Guru said:

Its exactly the delivery issues that has given us this information so soon, normally we wouldn't hear about a model change until a few month before its due.

Because of the delays the MY22 stock is now sold out any new orders are now assigning to December build, Q1 23 delivery meaning they will be MY23 cars forcing Toyota to announce what will be coming.

The same is happening to multiple models so expect a few more MY23 announcements soon.

• Thanks 3

Hi, newby here.

Our Corolla arrived at our dealership last Thursday but we've had no contact, I'm just checking the where's my car in the app and it's still sat in a carpark. How long do they usually hold them like this before we can collect?

Getting really frustrated now! :( 

37 minutes ago, Ljpx said:

Hi, newby here.

Our Corolla arrived at our dealership last Thursday but we've had no contact, I'm just checking the where's my car in the app and it's still sat in a carpark. How long do they usually hold them like this before we can collect?

Getting really frustrated now! :( 

Mine arrived at my dealer last Friday. I called on Monday afternoon and they told me that they hadn’t got it yet. I live in Northern Ireland and was told that the app is a few days ahead of what’s actually happening, it could be Tuesday or Wednesday before they actually get it. 

After that it gets registered, goes to the mechanic then to the valeting people. So long story short with the jubilee and people being off I’m collecting on Tuesday.

9 hours ago, ChrisHRocks said:

Mine arrived at my dealer last Friday. I called on Monday afternoon and they told me that they hadn’t got it yet. I live in Northern Ireland and was told that the app is a few days ahead of what’s actually happening, it could be Tuesday or Wednesday before they actually get it. 

After that it gets registered, goes to the mechanic then to the valeting people. So long story short with the jubilee and people being off I’m collecting on Tuesday.

Thanks! Ours definitely arrived at the place on Thursday because the my t app shows where it is 😞 getting so impatient now. We bought online and apparently the guy at the dealership doesn't have access to the documents... Whaaat. It's so annoying!! 😞

Has anyone had build in progress update recently that ordered in February? My status updated a couple of weeks back to include Derbyshire

Also does anyone have any idea why this would happen when I could track it at midday? 

Screenshot_2022-06-04-17-17-23-26_715cf539f279538cd75643f24ff867f8.jpg

2 hours ago, Danielbu said:

Has anyone had build in progress update recently that ordered in February? My status updated a couple of weeks back to include Derbyshire

Ordered mine 11th Feb. Went to processing order with map details on 26th April. Still showing the same status dealer and system eta is showing 05/07 but not gone to build in progress yet. Hoping some day soon, fingers crossed! 

22 minutes ago, lancs23 said:

Ordered mine 11th Feb. Went to processing order with map details on 26th April. Still showing the same status dealer and system eta is showing 05/07 but not gone to build in progress yet. Hoping some day soon, fingers crossed! 

Ordered mine exact same day and it’s showing 1st July delivery.  2.0L HB design.  Just sold my Auris yesterday for £2k more than dealer was prepared to pay.  Let’s hope it’s not too long now

Ordered one last Friday Corolla ST GR Spec Midnight Grey and told delivery would be end November !! 

Fngers crossed based in the Midlands 

1 minute ago, PeteC74 said:

Ordered one last Friday Corolla ST GR Spec Midnight Grey and told delivery would be end November !! 

I think current lead times are looking at early Jan by the looks of it. Fingers crossed it’s November for you. 

14 minutes ago, PeteC74 said:

Did they say it was 2022 or 2023 spec? 

• Like 1

Mine has apparently been at the dealer since Wednesday evening - i'm actually in no huge rush as I've got a big trip to do at the end of the week which i'd rather not do in an unfamiliar vehicle.

1 hour ago, PeteC74 said:

Is midnight grey a new colour for MY23? 

1 hour ago, GiantKiwi said:

Mine has apparently been at the dealer since Wednesday evening - i'm actually in no huge rush as I've got a big trip to do at the end of the week which i'd rather not do in an unfamiliar vehicle.

Ours has been at the dealer for nearly 11 days and we've heard nothing. Just been tracking it on the app but now even thats not connecting. So frustrating! We've called but apparently because we bought online the dealer doesnt have access to the documents.. like seriously?!

1 hour ago, StreetHawk said:

Is midnight grey a new colour for MY23? 

Manhattan Grey my mistake for some reason I thought it was midnight grey.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links