Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Mine is due to be delivered 2/9. How long before delivery do they start building it you reckon? 

8 minutes ago, TCTS2 said:

Mine is due to be delivered 2/9. How long before delivery do they start building it you reckon? 

The build apparently only takes 16 hours so probably any day now.

• Like 1

Mine spend 3 days at build in progress and now jumped straight to In Transit. Estimated delivery date has moved back to 2022-09-02. Was saying 2022-08-30 a few days ago. Hopefully it arrives sooner. 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:22 PM, eyemdee said:

The build apparently only takes 16 hours so probably any day now.

It went into build about 1:30 this afternoon. Looking forward to driving it. I can’t remember what it drove like, I just hope the 2.0 TS has enough oomph. 

I could only get hold of the 1.8 to test drive and that was frugal on acceleration for me. (Please don’t take offence 1.8’s 🙂 ). My wife is the only one who managed to test drive the 2.0. 

On 7/12/2022 at 10:51 AM, BUK57 said:

Had an update from my dealer!

Order date: March 25th
Model: Corolla HB, Excel (White / Black Bi-Tone) 
Expected delivery: Late August
Dealer recommendation: Wait until September for registration to get the new plates

Has been quite on track with the guidance given when I put down the deposit. Will see how the next few weeks go as it's still on "Processing" in the app and not scheduled to start the build until the 20th of July from looking at the tracking data on the site. 

Update on my previous post. Also adding, it's a 1.8L (had a 1.8 Civic before and don't need the power for daily drive!) 

Current status: Build In Progress, started Tuesday 16th

ETA: 2nd September

Finally starting to get excited! 🎉

On 9/12/2019 at 9:34 AM, Catlover said:

Long delivery times - I read recently that with the growth in demand for electric/hybrid vehicles the demand for metals that go into the batteries is outstripping supply. Some sources (countries) of these metals are hiking prices a lot.  That could cause delays in vehicle supplies. 

The only car Toyota produces in the UK, (AFAIK) is the Corolla. Engines made in Deeside, North Wales, and assembly at Burnaston, Derbyshire.

Yes I can confirm the long lead time. I ordered my Corolla Excel TS 2.0 in February this year and picked the new car up on Monday this week! The engine of course as shipped in as made elsewhere but still assembled in Derbyshire

31 minutes ago, DaveMatt7 said:

The engine of course as shipped in as made elsewhere but still assembled in Derbyshire

Poland

1 hour ago, DaveMatt7 said:

Yes I can confirm the long lead time. I ordered my Corolla Excel TS 2.0 in February this year and picked the new car up on Monday this week! The engine of course as shipped in as made elsewhere but still assembled in Derbyshire

Hi Dave, there is and engine assembly plant for the Corolla at Queensferry, Flintshire.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:31 PM, BelfastSoda said:

Screenshot_20220814-152453.thumb.png.cef4be073e672c7d925435c2678abaad.png

Picture of my car has appeared and it's gone into "Build in progress". Backend still says 2022-08-30 for estimated delivery to final destination. 2.0lt Design no other options picked, ordered 24th Febuary. 

@BelfastSoda it looks like we ordered on the same day at the same dealer, and the same colour….  I have had no progress from “processing order” and the dealer didn’t know anything today when I called.  

If I am lucky, maybe yours is now waiting for mine to be built so they can be brought over on the same transporter 🤷‍♂️!! 

• Like 1

Wooohooo.  Getting excited! 

I ordered a 2.0 TS Design in "minicab" white in February, via a broker.  Car due in to dealer 29 August, to be delivered  5 September.  We are so looking forward to it.   Our 1st Toyota too.

Only regret .... colour is white because we like cars in bright colours, but in UK all the metallics etc seem dull to us.  However I do spot that HILTI supply staff with a 1.8 TS Icon Tech in (I think) a rather nice bright red.    

ordered TS 2.0, manhattan grey end of march, gone to build in progress today......finally 

20 minutes ago, Tom483 said:

ordered TS 2.0, manhattan grey end of march, gone to build in progress today......finally 

Sounds about right. Ordered mine March 16th and it’s just arrived at dealers. Pick it up on the 1st of Sept! 

Ordered 1.8 Corolla GR Sport with dealer on 28th April. Was told September / October delivery. Hoping that the app will move to 'Build in Progress' soon if March orders are now starting to move that direction. Can't wait as I sold my Kia Ceed privately for £2k more than dealer was offering, and I am currently stuck with my brothers awful 2004 SMART car.

Picked mine up yesterday. 6 months to the day from ordering it. Really happy with it. Love the colour the interior and the engine! Test drove the Trek so was surprised how nice the Design was. Nicer in person when compared to the pictures. Will take some getting used to the automatic gearbox coming from a manual Avensis. Hopefully I don't try and put diesel in it, been a while since I had a petrol car. 

edit_20220825100909~2.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BelfastSoda said:

Picked mine up yesterday. 6 months to the day from ordering it. Really happy with it. Love the colour the interior and the engine! Test drove the Trek so was surprised how nice the Design was. Nicer in person when compared to the pictures. Will take some getting used to the automatic gearbox coming from a manual Avensis. Hopefully I don't try and put diesel in it, been a while since I had a petrol car. 

edit_20220825100909~2.jpg

Looks lovely in red! Any inside pics? Does the boot have LED lights?

10 hours ago, Tom483 said:

Looks lovely in red! Any inside pics? Does the boot have LED lights?

Was getting dark when I got a chance to take some more pictures. I think it has the LED lights in the boot. Has a strip of lights down each side of the boot. 

20220825-DSCF3847.jpg

20220825-DSCF3850.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BelfastSoda said:

Was getting dark when I got a chance to take some more pictures. I think it has the LED lights in the boot. Has a strip of lights down each side of the boot. 

20220825-DSCF3847.jpg

20220825-DSCF3850.jpg

You might already know, but a top tip is the boot floor cover can be flipped so you can use the rubber side if you don’t want to mark the cloth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from Holiday. 
Finally collecting my car on Saturday. Can’t wait. 🤩

On 7/26/2022 at 7:59 PM, Tom483 said:

How accurate is the expected delivery date when looking at the background info of the MyT tracker.

Mine recently updated to say 8 weeks from now 

Thankfully they over estimated by 4 weeks, delivery within the next few days. Waited 6 months and 2 weeks for TS 2.0 Design Manhattan grey

All collected. Very happy. 
Valeters need to have some training. Giving it a good polish and wax tomorrow. 

6B0BA72D-A2EA-47C5-A989-2D970D0C2E48.jpeg

5E3F536C-07D0-44AE-BD1C-D42EAF82940D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Composite Guru said:

All collected. Very happy. 
Valeters need to have some training. Giving it a good polish and wax tomorrow. 

6B0BA72D-A2EA-47C5-A989-2D970D0C2E48.jpeg

5E3F536C-07D0-44AE-BD1C-D42EAF82940D.jpeg

Looks good! Great colour.

• Thanks 1

Is the ceramic option they offer any good/worth it? Always felt it’s a bit of a con. 

42 minutes ago, Tom483 said:

Is the ceramic option they offer any good/worth it? Always felt it’s a bit of a con. 

Dont bother. You could do it better yourself. Waste of money. 

On 8/25/2022 at 10:15 PM, TCTS2 said:

You might already know, but a top tip is the boot floor cover can be flipped so you can use the rubber side if you don’t want to mark the cloth. 

Thanks for the tip I wouldn't have checked for that. Was handy on the B&Q run today! 

How long does the car typically stay at the dealer before being ready to be picked up? I've had mine at the dealer since Tuesday 23rd (8 days ago) and still waiting for confirmation of pick up but hoping it'll be tomorrow or Friday with the new 72 plates (that were confirmed for the car).