Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

34 minutes ago, Kovitch said:

Apparently I got the second Toyota Corolla TS MY23 in Southampton (the first one was received yesterday night for the showroom). They don't even have a demo car yet! The dealer has just sent me the confirmation video. 😍  Will be picking it up on Friday. 🤩

image.thumb.png.5ce26f91a1e29a381d83525367d18c36.png

Summary:

Ordered MY22 on the 18th of May. Planned delivery for MY22 mid-Jan. Actual delivery of a MY23 at the end of Jan.
Complained about having to pay more for the car and the new deal being at a much higher APR value. Had to renegotiate PCP. Got the APR value honoured what resulted on a monthly decrease of ~£67pm in my contract. Didn't get the JBL speakers, but sound seemed pretty reasonable (I went into the dealer to test the sound system and gadgets from the one in the showroom). 

Overall, I'm happy with the fact that the car is a MY23 and not a MY22 but would be happier if the car price was honoured, i.e., pay the same as I would for the MY22, and the JBL speakers were installed.

I hope you guys receive your car earlier than anticipated. 

Enjoy the drive in the new car

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StillGotASkoka said:

Looks like website has been update to my23

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/corolla-hatchback

has new colours trims etc in the explore button on each trim

Tonight's reading

Finally. No funny red lines on the seat's 😂

Put your seat belts lads 🚀 is hot.

I got email from Toyota today with a promise for the paperwork to be done by end of this week. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IvayloK said:

Finally. No funny red lines on the seat's 😂

Put your seat belts lads 🚀 is hot.

I got email from Toyota today with a promise for the paperwork to be done by end of this week. 

I sat inside an Excel version today. The interior is gorgeous. Much better than the previous model! Feels luxurious.

• Like 3

1.8 engine

combined max mpg 60.1-62.7

combined min mpg 57.6

2.0 engine

combined max mpg 61.4-64.1

combined min mpg 58.8

Those are some really good numbers for the 2.0L engine - I suppose is due to the much bigger electric motors 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

1.8 engine

combined min mpg 57.6

2.0 engine

combined min mpg 58.8

Those are some really good numbers for the 2.0L engine - I suppose is due to the much bigger electric motors 

Those do look great, massive improvement.

31 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

1.8 engine

combined min mpg 57.6

2.0 engine

combined min mpg 58.8

2.0 comes out better than the 1.8. That can't be right can it? Why did Toyota bother with a 1.8 if this is the case? A little cheaper to buy I guess but not on economy now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bigblock said:

2.0 comes out better than the 1.8. That can't be right can it? Why did Toyota bother with a 1.8 if this is the case? A little cheaper to buy I guess but not on economy now.

2.0 may do better if driven like a granny.  But I doubt I'll be getting those sort of figures!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bigblock said:

Exactly what I thought. If these figures are correct, I would buy the 2.0 over the 1.8 despite the price difference. 

• Like 1

Interesting: one can no longer order a factory-fitted tow bar. It seems the known shortages of wiring harnesses are continuing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

1.8 engine

combined min mpg 57.6

2.0 engine

combined min mpg 58.8

I note that these figures from the website are contradicted by those on the price list pdf which shows lower CO2 emissions for the 1.8 than the 2.0 (103-112 g/km vs 109-118 g/km) and correspondingly lower BIK values.

One of the sources is wrong, I suspect it's the website. (which lets me add the panoramic roof to a build without increasing the price)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Don Mac said:

I note that these figures from the website are contradicted by those on the price list pdf which shows lower CO2 emissions for the 1.8 than the 2.0 (103-112 g/km vs 109-118 g/km) and correspondingly lower BIK values.

One of the sources is wrong, I suspect it's the website.

The numbers you’ve stated here are for the 4th generation engines 

CO2 drops to 102 and 107g/km.

• Like 1

This are official figures on UK Gov VCA website.

Only did Icon but can check other trims at https://carfueldata.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk/search-new-or-used-cars.aspx

my23 1.8- Combined MPG 62.8- CO2 101

my23 2.0- Combined MPG 64.2- CO2 100

image.thumb.jpeg.166bfca026926cd2456c8b895e201091.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8920b6146bc85b8b551fc0869d39c243.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I stand corrected!  Nice bit of research there folks.

Interesting conundrum - the 2 litre will still cost you more, but you get extra performance and the eco-high ground... (who saw that coming?)

On a related note, it looks to me like the specs on the website don't quite match with the original press release https://mag.toyota.co.uk/2023-toyota-corolla-revealed-with-latest-hybrid-electric-tech/comment-page-10/#comment-98699. According to the site the Design grade TS has a powered boot lid now.

• Like 1

It looks as if the excel 2.0 TS has Intelligent Park Assist - I'd expected that to be removed from the spec.  Not that I see myself using it very much.

40 minutes ago, marlot said:

It looks as if the excel 2.0 TS has Intelligent Park Assist - I'd expected that to be removed from the spec.  Not that I see myself using it very much.

IPA is 4 sensors front and rear plus sonar clearance, it’s not SIPA that was on the My22.  So it doesn’t have the sensors on the wheel arches or the parking button

Hello all, I ordered my replacement TS 2.0 GR Sport last year. Delivery time says now May which is fine. BUT I've noticed the updated Toyota build your own corolla, now has different alloys compared to the model when I ordered it. I preferred the nearly all black wheels with the white paint. 

Anyone else noticed some changes they DIDNT like lol

9 minutes ago, Devine84 said:

Hello all, I ordered my replacement TS 2.0 GR Sport last year. Delivery time says now May which is fine. BUT I've noticed the updated Toyota build your own corolla, now has different Alloys compared to the model when I ordered it. I preferred the nearly all black wheels with the white paint. 

Anyone else noticed some changes they DIDNT like lol

I have a 22 GR Sport 2.0, I didn’t like the 23 wheels so ordered the 23 Excel instead, the bonus is the Excel has more on it and now also has the HUD which has been dropped from the GR

• Like 4

I see. I ordered that trim level because of the wheels and the HUD. and now its all changed? 

Does the GR get a remote tailgate at all? 

23 minutes ago, Devine84 said:

I see. I ordered that trim level because of the wheels and the HUD. and now its all changed? 

Yes it does get the powered tailgate, the Excel appears to have a memory height feature though. Excel also gets adaptive headlights & leather upholstery. As the price is similar for both trims, as I want bothered about the sport look I thought Excel was better value

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Devine84 said:

According to the website and the, now removed, comments on the press release page I linked above it has a powered tailgate in the TS.

• Like 2

Thank you both. I am rather into the GR Sport trim, with the black accents. But actually the powered boot is a great addition, and my wife hates leather haha. Thanks guys. Ill stick with my plan 🙂

Excel has always been the best spec and the best choice for private buyers imo. Design wins  if you are about comfortable drive and efficiency for the smaller 17” wheels and softer seats. 

• Like 1

Ordered my 2.0HB Scarlett Flare in July 2022 and got the call today that it's on the way to the dealership!! Pretty chuffed as they predicted March and even they were surprised that it was on the way! 

Was confirmed MY23 as well, but shall keep you posted on how it goes.

I can now stop checking the app and instead start calculating my bank app and getting the money ready😅

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links