Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

I sat in a showroom model Corolla at the dealer a week ago, do they all have dark headlining. Like sitting in a coffin, not that I sat in one of them!

placed an order a week ago (2.0l Excel hatch, JBL & pan, in red) and have been told to expect the car by the end of the month!  We shall see.

Watch this space!

4 hours ago, bruce e said:

placed an order a week ago (2.0l Excel hatch, JBL & pan, in red) and have been told to expect the car by the end of the month!  We shall see.

Watch this space!

Thought I’d chase them up today, and the delivery date to the dealer is estimated at October 3rd. 👍

15 hours ago, rafletcher said:

Thought I’d chase them up today, and the delivery date to the dealer is estimated at October 3rd. 👍

Lucky you - keep us posted

22 hours ago, Catlover said:

I sat in a showroom model Corolla at the dealer a week ago, do they all have dark headlining. Like sitting in a coffin, not that I sat in one of them!

That would be the Dracula model, limited edition, made in Transilvania, delivery after midnight 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 9/12/2019 at 10:30 AM, Iian88 said:

Hello,

I've had my Corolla Touring Sports Icon Tech for about 2 months now. I ordered mine in blue and was told it'll be about a month for delivery, this soon increased to 6 weeks, then 2 months. In the end it took about 3 and a half months to be delivered. It was well worth the wait though, it's an amazing car to drive. I live in the south east close to London and I'm now starting to see more Corolla's on the road not many Touring Sports though.

I lots of Corolla's mainly Touring Sports, followed by hatchbacks, and saw the saloon on the road for the first time. This was in my area Belvedere. Most of the new private hire vehicles I have seen are using Corolla Touring Sports. I wonder if this will affect Prius sales?   

19 hours ago, Konrad C said:

I lots of Corolla's mainly Touring Sports, followed by hatchbacks, and saw the saloon on the road for the first time. This was in my area Belvedere. Most of the new private hire vehicles I have seen are using Corolla Touring Sports. I wonder if this will affect Prius sales?   

saw a new TS (private hire car) & a hatch on Tuesday - first that I have noticed in a while.

I think that hybrid Auris TS has been affecting Prius sales for a few years so I would anticipate the Corolla TS continuing to do so.

• Like 1

Whilst I count down the weeks to anticipated delivery sometime in November a thought struck me, what do people do with their car key once they have started the engine?

What would be best practice?

49 minutes ago, bruce e said:

Whilst I count down the weeks to anticipated delivery sometime in November a thought struck me, what do people do with their car key once they have started the engine?

I leave mine in the centre console tray as soon as I get in the car 

1 hour ago, bruce e said:

I leave it where it was before I started the engine. Usually in a pocket of something I'm wearing or possibly on the seat beside me. Occasionally in one of the pockets of my golf bag if I forget to get it out after a round. As long as the car starts I don't give my keys much thought.

3 hours ago, bruce e said:

I use the centre console cup holder for both my key fob and my smartphone. It's so easy to pick up both as I leave the car.

Well just had a call from the dealer. They now expect to receive my car on 27th Sept, an improvement of 6 days!  I guess by opting for a top spec I might just have lucked into a demonstrator that was scheduled, or maybe the 2.0l is just quicker to get. Whatever, I’m not complaining.  No idea how long the PDI will take, plus they have to fit the tow bar, and programme in global opening (wonder if that will include the pan roof?) and rear wiper on reverse. I’m guessing I’ll be picking it up on the following Friday, as I finish work at 2 that day. 

Yep, and I got the registration docs to sign by email later in the day, and that had the date of first registration as the 27th, so I guess they’re confident it won’t slip. Signed and returned, and I asked if I can have EU number plates - though I expect to find out the government has put the kybosh on that. 

you'll be paying a month's road tax for 3 days if you take it on the 27th rather than the 1st of October ...

True, but they've some work to do to it before I pick it up. Still, I'll drop the dealer a line saying I'll take it after October 1st :-).

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 9:54 AM, rafletcher said:

I placed an order a week ago (2.0l Excel hatch, JBL & pan, in red) and have been told to expect the car by the end of the month!  We shall see. 

I had same, but in Denim Blue, ordered 16th Feb, told Mid March, eventually arrived 24th May. It has been a very successful launch, and if you do have to wait longer, as I expect you will for the top spec, you won't be disappointed. Superb car.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Timmon said:

I had same, but in Denim Blue, ordered 16th Feb, told Mid March, eventually arrived 24th May. It has been a very successful launch, and if you do have to wait longer, as I expect you will for the top spec, you won't be disappointed. Superb car.

Well I've just had an email from the dealer, as I needed to sort an issue with the 3-Day drive home cover out, and he tagged onto the mail the fact that the car will now be arriving.....  tomorrow!  😁 Unfortunately I'm having a long weekend this week, so will have to wait until the 4th to collect it.

ETA: It seems my supposition was correct, the dealer has confirmed it was already scheduled for build for a showroom demo car, I just got lucky in picking the same spec/colour.

5 hours ago, rafletcher said:

Well I've just had an email from the dealer, as I needed to sort an issue with the 3-Day drive home cover out, and he tagged onto the mail the fact that the car will now be arriving.....  tomorrow!  😁 Unfortunately I'm having a long weekend this week, so will have to wait until the 4th to collect it.

ETA: It seems my supposition was correct, the dealer has confirmed it was already scheduled for build for a showroom demo car, I just got lucky in picking the same spec/colour.

OK, Congratulations! It was too early for me to get a showroom model, the demo models only just arrived a few weeks before, and I could not even test drive a 2ltr, there were none about at all! Hope you enjoy.

I've ordered my TS 2.0 on 16/05 and got it on 8/08! 12 weeks. But the car arrived to Portugal on July 27th, they had some problems with transportation from the harbour in the North to Lisbon (almost 2 weeks). The trim level is equivalent to UK's Excell (minor differences). Every car is built on order, no stock on the plant. Brexit for sure doesn't encourage any production increase and specially hiring more people to build more cars, as it will be a bigger problem if there's no deal with the EU 

• 1 month later...

Are you sitting comfortably,

Delivery was expected mid November but just had a call from the dealer saying now 2 January but will be the new spec with no price hike.

Looks like all deliveries due Nov have been put back.

At least retail value when its time to change will be a 2020 model as opposed to a 2019.

Now to check exactly whats in the new MY20 spec!

PS: What exactly is Apple car play? LOL

On 11/1/2019 at 4:52 PM, bruce e said:

Are you sitting comfortably,

Delivery was expected mid November but just had a call from the dealer saying now 2 January but will be the new spec with no price hike.

Looks like all deliveries due Nov have been put back.

At least retail value when its time to change will be a 2020 model as opposed to a 2019.

Now to check exactly whats in the new MY20 spec!

PS: What exactly is apple car play? LOL

This further delay, putting anticipated delivery to five from from date of order, is really starting to make me have second thoughts about my proposed purchase!

I do not criticise the dealership who say they are in the hands of Toyota!

Some explanation is needed by Toyota, is this another "Australia stoppage" where faults had to be rectified before deliveries could proceed?????

I see that at least one other customer has had the same delay imposed on them, how many others!!!

3 hours ago, bruce e said:

Some explanation is needed by Toyota

Toyota Owners Club has no association with Toyota. We don't know whether Toyota even visit these forums, and they certainly won't directly answer queries via the forums.

To get any form of explanation, you need to contact Toyota Customer Services.

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota Owners Club has no association with Toyota. We don't know whether Toyota even visit these forums, and they certainly won't directly answer queries via the forums.

To get any form of explanation, you need to contact Toyota Customer Services.

I do realise that, I just felt the need to vent my frustration 🙂

I have raised this directly with Toyota!

On 11/2/2019 at 9:22 PM, bruce e said:

This further delay, putting anticipated delivery to five from from date of order, is really starting to make me have second thoughts about my proposed purchase!

I do not criticise the dealership who say they are in the hands of Toyota!

Some explanation is needed by Toyota, is this another "Australia stoppage" where faults had to be rectified before deliveries could proceed?????

I see that at least one other customer has had the same delay imposed on them, how many others!!!

That's a pain, I know when mine kept being put back ( March then April, then end May) it was disappointing. Still, when you receive your new car, it will probably have features you would not have had if it had been on time.