Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

I took delivery on 1st Dec but still shows “Order being processed “.  LOL. I think it maybe oriental sense of humour!

PS.    It is a cracking drive, well worth the wait

9 hours ago, Agray88 said:

I found the icon misleading, showing the car on the transporter when it means it's actually still being tested. 

The order status for my Corolla in My Toyota still says "Processing order," the same state it's been in since I ordered the car on Jan 25. To the right of the drop-down list is a large square gray area with a little icon of a car on a transporter. This gray area is for Google Maps (says that at foot of area), I guess it gets a map once the transporter + car leave the factory?

The dealer did tell me a while ago that this whole My Toyota car-progress feature is a new thing from Toyota and I guess they're working on it still. Must be Windows 10 programmers there ☺️

Aaron, good luck with your delivery!

I ordered a Toyota Corolla Saloon on 27th February and was given a delivery date of 17th March. I telephoned the dealer yesterday, (09Mar), and was told that they were expecting delivery on the 16th or 17th and the car would be ready for me a day or two later.

• Like 1

Currently 3 month wait I have been told for new orders

On 3/10/2020 at 9:50 AM, dannyboy413 said:

I ordered a Toyota Corolla Saloon on 27th February and was given a delivery date of 17th March. I telephoned the dealer yesterday, (09Mar), and was told that they were expecting delivery on the 16th or 17th and the car would be ready for me a day or two later.

Good choice 👍 

Your car comes from Turkey and they may well have enough produced to supply faster. 
Enjoy your car. 

• Thanks 1

Probably due to the fact there is less demand for the saloon in the UK.

On 3/15/2020 at 7:24 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Probably due to the fact there is less demand for the saloon in the UK.

I am in Ireland Frosty. 

Guys, everything is going wild and totally messed with the Corona virus.

Definitely Toyota will be affected too. I have just read about many European car maker factories being closed, workers fired, etc. For example VW closed Seat factory in Spain and more than 10 000 workers will have to look for new job.

So unfortunately, deliveries of new Toyotas probably might also be delayed or even canceled.

With respect Oxygen, I think you are being a bit alarmist. The factories may be shut down, but when they reopen, which they will at some time, workers will be needed. I think, at worst, the workers will just be 'laid off', not 'sacked'.

• Like 1

In the UK there is legislation to cover short time working and lay-offs, and if the scenario is longer term, workers may be able to claim Universal Credit or Jobseekers Allowance. If people wish to, they can apply for redundancy within a specific time period whilst laid off.

Having said that I think companies such as PSA, who have announced the closure of most of their European plants, are in a different situation to Toyota as regards fullness of orders, etc.

Furthermore, rather than car companies cancelling orders, it maybe that, due to loss of income over a protracted period, customers may need to cancel orders.

• Like 1

I was just sharing my thoughts that car deliveries might be delayed.

Probably my news source did not presented the data correctly, but the general idea is the same.

• Like 1

Everything is affected by the virus. Even people are panicked moving around, noticed a lots of stressed drivers recently on the motorways. 

On 3/10/2020 at 9:50 AM, dannyboy413 said:

Did your car get delivered? 

Yea tell me about it, i haven't gone out of the house for 5 days and i think i'm going to go crazy. I work from home now and i feel like the situation will not get better any time soon. Everything in Greece is closed except for super markets. I saw what the UK goverment was proposing and it made me feel sick. I know this has nothing to do with the forum but you can't not talk about it.

As regards plant closures, see:

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Agray88 said:

Did your car get delivered? 

The dealer is due to ring me tomorrow, (Wednesday), so I am hoping he will be saying that the car is there, they are just fitting a couple of extras I required and that I can pick it up Thursday. I will let you know. 😊

2 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

The dealer is due to ring me tomorrow, (Wednesday), so I am hoping he will be saying that the car is there, they are just fitting a couple of extras I required and that I can pick it up Thursday. I will let you know. 😊

Fair enough, supposed to be picking ours up Friday but I'm wondering if it's sensible to take out a 42 month finance agreement given the situation, what's your view? 

1 minute ago, Agray88 said:

Fair enough, supposed to be picking ours up Friday but I'm wondering if it's sensible to take out a 42 month finance agreement given the situation, what's your view? 

Depends very much on personal circumstances and whether or not your income will be affected by the Covid19 situation.

12 minutes ago, ScCoult said:

I have been waiting for about 3 months. And I think that due to the situation in countries due to the coronavirus, this wait may be prolonged.

Depends which Corolla you've ordered. The Corolla hatchback and Touring Sport are both UK made, and Toyota Burnaston isn't affected by closure according to today's news. The saloon is made in Turkey - no news whether the Turkish plant will be affected.

11 minutes ago, Agray88 said:

As Frosty says in his post, a lot depends on whether your income will be affected by the current situation - could you manage the repayments for a few months if your income was cut back or worse, stopped, for a while?

1 hour ago, dannyboy413 said:

As Frosty says in his post, a lot depends on whether your income will be affected by the current situation - could you manage the repayments for a few months if your income was cut back or worse, stopped, for a while?

Sorry I meant I was wondering about how you felt about making such a big purchase at this time? 

3 minutes ago, Agray88 said:

Sorry I meant I was wondering about how you felt about making such a big purchase at this time? 

Yes it is a big purchase - at any time. I am fortunate (?) in that I have been retired for the last 15 months or so, so I am used to not earning a wage any more. I got the necessary figures from the dealer, read what I could on the Toyota Hybrids as I decided a while back that when I changed my current car - an Opel Astra, I would go for a non plug in hybrid so Toyota it is. Hopefully I have made the right decision - I will soon know. 😀

• Like 2

Latest Toyota news today 18 March via https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/toyota-suspends-european-production:

Toyota will shut all its plants in Europe over the course of this week due to the spread of coronavirus, the automaker said in a statement.

The plants affected are:

• France: the Yaris plant in Valenciennes, which suspended operations on Tuesday.
  • UK: the Corolla plant in Burnaston and an engine plant in Deeside, which close on Wednesday.
  • Czech Republic: Toyota's small-car plant jointly run with PSA in Kolin from Thursday.
  • Turkey: C-HR assembly plant in Sakarya, which shuts down Saturday.
  • Poland: the e-CVT hybrid gearbox plant in Walbrzych and the hybrid engine plant in Jelcz-Laskowice from Wednesday.
  • Like 1

How long will the dealerships stay open if service items begin to run out. Do they rely on the factories for general sundry items like filters, oil, tyres, etc.

I have just received a 'phone call from the dealer - I can pick the car up Friday, so that is 22 days from order to collection. 😊

• Like 1