Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

2 hours ago, bigblock said:

How long will the dealerships stay open if service items begin to run out. Do they rely on the factories for general sundry items like filters, oil, tyres, etc.

I would imagine for Toyota branded parts (filters, parts, etc) each importer they would have a separate ordering/distribution setup to the car production plants. Commodities such as oil would be bulk buys, possibly down to the dealer or dealer groups choice.

Well, I picked the car up Friday. Ask me if I am happy and the answer is a definite yes. I am still learning but, it is smooth, I can not tell which engine is being used if I do not look at the display, no problem with the gearbox, in a nutshell, very pleased. I did ask the dealer about where the spare parts come from and was informed that the majority came from Belgium, (I think), but that of course, may only apply to Ireland.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dannyboy413 said:

Well, I picked the car up Friday. Ask me if I am happy and the answer is a definite yes. I am still learning but, it is smooth, I can not tell which engine is being used if I do not look at the display, no problem with the gearbox, in a nutshell, very pleased. I did ask the dealer about where the spare parts come from and was informed that the majority came from Belgium, (I think), but that of course, may only apply to Ireland.

Congratulations on your new car David 👏. I live in a neighboring county, with the Toyota guarantee you will not have to worry about spare parts for a long time. Happy motoring 🚘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2020 at 5:41 PM, dannyboy413 said:

Congratulations! Post a picture if you have time, would love to see. I like the saloon shape.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well done, enjoy your new car👍 Many trouble free miles, stay safe through these difficult times. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Timmon said:

Congratulations! Post a picture if you have time, would love to see. I like the saloon shape.

Thanks. I will post a picture when I get time - not sure when though, this self-isolating is very time consuming. 😀

• Haha 2

On 3/18/2020 at 12:07 PM, dannyboy413 said:

I have just received a 'phone call from the dealer - I can pick the car up Friday, so that is 22 days from order to collection. 😊

Hi David, do you think that is because its a saloon?  Not many on the road so that indicates slow sales.  I like the look of the saloon and tourer (estate), not too keen on the hatch.                

What colour did you choose?

@Catlover Over here in Ireland, the motoring press reckon the saloon will be a bigger seller than the hatchback. I have not seen many on the road yet, but of those I have seen, it seems to be about a 50/50 split.  The colour of my car is called 'Metal Stream', although the registration document says 'Grey', (which does not have quite the same ring to it ☺️).

Just out of interest, do you like cats?

Indeed I do David.  Acquired our first cat probably 1973, rescued it from some lads who were using it as a ball and thrown it in to a river. Took it home, and it really loved me. From then to 2013 we had a total of 9, only the first and last was the time we only had one, usually three at a time. Lovely things cats, have a personality of their own.  Now live in a community where cats are not allowed, so when the last was put to sleep that was it. Miss them tremendously.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 8:11 PM, ScCoult said:

I have been waiting for about 3 months. And I think that due to the situation in countries due to the coronavirus, this wait may be prolonged. But I trust the car transportation services I used. And I am sure that nothing will happen to my car , just because of the situation in the world, I will have to wait a little. But I will feel a special joy when my car is delivered. Because man is so constituted that he begins to value certain things more if there are any obstacles to get them. By the way, to make me feel better, if you know something about these guys, please write your reviews.

Thank you for the advice.

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Indeed I do David.  Acquired our first cat probably 1973, rescued it from some lads who were using it as a ball and thrown it in to a river. Took it home, and it really loved me. From then to 2013 we had a total of 9, only the first and last was the time we only had one, usually three at a time. Lovely things cats, have a personality of their own.  Now live in a community where cats are not allowed, so when the last was put to sleep that was it. Miss them tremendously.

I like cats too! Good for you rescuing them.  I'm thinking of getting a cat or 2. Looking for a rescue. Probably Maine !Removed! or a Rag doll. Had 2 domestic moggies since 1993. Claude. Had from our Cousins when young. Put to sleep around 16. Also before had my Dads cat Kinu. Also put to sleep around age 16. Not had any pets now around 5 years. You miss their company any unique character! Our Kinu liked curry! Licked the chicken tikka masala sauce off and ate the chicken! Every week wait for his curry! Our Kinu below enjoying the fire!

VillagerAHIwoodburner.jpg

Obviously filtered!

James.

• Like 1

@Catlover We now only have four cats, (we did have 13 at one time - but that is another story!). They are all other peoples 'cast offs' and the oldest has one eye and long hair. She is about 18 years old now and since having her eye removed last year is like a flaming kitten again! The other three are tabbies.

@Timmon and for anybody else interested, I have attached a couple of pictures. When I was doing research on the Corolla, I was quite surprised how the car differs from market to market. For instance, I believe that there are three trim levels in the UK, but there are four in Ireland, but only one in the USA. I have what is called 'Sol' in Ireland and it has everything - I am still learning!

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

• Like 3

Saloon looks much nicer than the new hatch, especially the rear.

Sat in the corolla hatch and surprised how cramped it was. Prefer the estate or saloon. The saloon looks good.

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The saloon is same wheelbase as the Prius, hatch same as Auris. So the former will have more interior space.

Forgot to say, the tourer (estate) is the long wheelbase same as the saloon.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Catlover said:

The saloon is same wheelbase as the Prius, hatch same as Auris. So the former will have more interior space.

On the corolla not keen on the passenger side dash projection as bulky and prefer built in sat nav. Looks a bit of an afterthought. Prefer it if it folded away!

James.

17 minutes ago, Auris James said:

Saloon looks much nicer than the new hatch, especially the rear.

Sat in the corolla hatch and surprised how cramped it was. Prefer the estate or saloon

The hatchback has a shorter wheelbase (2640mm) than the saloon and Touring Sport (2700mm), though longer than the Auris (2600mm). The saloon and Touring Sport has the same size wheelbase as the current Prius, and the now defunct Avensis

At launch, Toyota stated they were targeting couples for the hatchback, families for the Touring Sport, and young professionals for the saloon.

Extract from Toyota UK Blog:

"Each is designed to fulfil different customer needs. The compact Hatchback is aimed at young couples; the versatile Touring Sports for families; and the comfortable Saloon targeting young professionals who want more prestigious styling, on-board space and comfort."

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The hatchback has a shorter wheelbase (2640mm) than the saloon and Touring Sport (2700mm), though longer than the Auris (2600mm). The saloon and Touring Sport has the same size wheelbase as the current Prius, and the now defunct Avensis

At launch, Toyota stated they were targeting the couples for the hatchback, families for the Touring Sport, and young professional for the saloon.

Extract from Toyota UK Blog:

"Each is designed to fulfil different customer needs. The compact Hatchback is aimed at young couples; the versatile Touring Sports for families; and the comfortable Saloon targeting young professionals who want more prestigious styling, on-board space and comfort."

Sounds practical. I'm single and like space, so chose the Auris estate. At least Toyota make an estate unlike Lexus. I suppose don't want competition with each other.

James.

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

and the comfortable Saloon targeting young professionals who want more prestigious styling, on-board space and comfort."

Well I am certainly not a "young professional" any more. ☺️ I do like the styling, space and it is definitely more comfortable than the Astra it replaced.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Auris James said:

On the corolla not keen on the passenger side dash projection as bulky and prefer built in sat nav. Looks a bit of an afterthought. Prefer it if it folded away!

James.

The "dash projection" looks perfectly normal to me, just part of the nice flowing lines. Still, it would not do if we were all of the same mind - life would be pretty boring. ☺️ The sat nav looking like an add on did look a bit strange when I was first looking at the car, especially as the one in the Astra was built in. However, even after just four days, it now looks right somehow.

7 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

The "dash projection" looks perfectly normal to me, just part of the nice flowing lines. Still, it would not do if we were all of the same mind - life would be pretty boring. ☺️ The sat nav looking like an add on did look a bit strange when I was first looking at the car, especially as the one in the Astra was built in. However, even after just four days, it now looks right somehow.

Indeed, were all different. I wouldn't say no to a new Corolla Touring sport though. In either Icon Tech or top spec Excel. Do they do full leather? Only seen partial suede/ leather with red stitching. Surprised the corolla never got memory front seats.

Don't know about the UK market, but the top spec' version in Ireland, 'SOL', (like what I have 😀), has half(ish) leather.

• Thanks 1

Uk saloon Corolla not as good as Ireland, Top spec here is like mid spec in Ireland or rest of Europe, I personally would prefer to source Irish second hand saloon just because of that. Very nice car indeed. 🚙

• Thanks 1

Although the Irish Toyotas just come with the standard European new car warranty - 3 year/100,000km and 5 year hybrid components warranty - rather than the UK 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty.

On 3/24/2020 at 6:05 PM, dannyboy413 said:

@Catlover We now only have four cats, (we did have 13 at one time - but that is another story!). They are all other peoples 'cast offs' and the oldest has one eye and long hair. She is about 18 years old now and since having her eye removed last year is like a flaming kitten again! The other three are tabbies.

@Timmon and for anybody else interested, I have attached a couple of pictures. When I was doing research on the Corolla, I was quite surprised how the car differs from market to market. For instance, I believe that there are three trim levels in the UK, but there are four in Ireland, but only one in the USA. I have what is called 'Sol' in Ireland and it has everything - I am still learning!

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

Thanks David, smart car, I like it.

I got the hatch because I am a singleton, so it is for most of the year fine for me. And I sometimes want to take lots of boxes to the tip etc, so the hatch is practical. But the Saloon is super. If it was made in the UK, I would have bought I think, as I note the seats in the back can still drop, so probably almost as versatile as a hatch anyway. I have a fit of patriotism because of BREXIT and my naff experience of sales by a certain German manufacturer, so if the Saloon came to UK production, I would definitely consider.As mentioned, not too sure about the window trim, it sticks out, and raises question, what is it for?  Congrats again, looks quality.

• Thanks 1

@Timmon It does look good, (in my opinion) and it certainly oozes quality on the inside. I have for a long time, had Opel Astras and always thought they were nice cars - I have changed my mind now. 😁. As you say, the rear seats fold down and even without that, the boot is huge. In my over 45 years of driving, this is my first Toyota! After only a week, I am a convert. 👍

• Like 2