Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Another update, had call from dealer - car will now be coming at the end of this month, complete with Apple Carplay!

22 hours ago, rs132 said:

Another update, had call from dealer - car will now be coming at the end of this month, complete with Apple Carplay!

That is very good news!

I would be interested to hear when you have any further updates / a firm delivery date as I am in a very similar position to yourself having placed my order on 1August

• 3 weeks later...

and finally..........collecting Saturday  1 Aug - 30 Nov 😊

• 1 month later...

I order my Corolla hatchback 1.8 hybrid Icon Tech (automatic) in mid-September and at the time was given a delivery date of 2nd January 2020. A week later and I haven't been given any update at all. Is anyone else having similar issues?

I ordered a Corolla TS 2.0 Hybrid Design on Oct 17th 2019. First told it should arrive at the end of the year. Then got a firm date for 2nd January 2020. It didn't arrive, but now showing to arrive on 16th January 2020 according to dealer. I'm not too optimistic to be honest but we will see.

You're lucky you even got a date. Back when I ordered mine last February the dealer said the factory wouldn't give a date. It eventually turned up unannounced nearly a month later.

Similar wait here. I ordered the corolla HB 2.0l excel Oct 31st, was initially told January 8th. Rang them up to check as I would be without a car over Christmas and had not heard anything for a while. They told me they had good news and that the delivery had been brought forward... To Jan 23rd. Apparently it had been pushed back to the end of Feb at one point and I wasn't informed. 

They have leant me a new Aygo until mine is delivered, but I am now wondering if it will get pushed back again. Hopefully it's not long to go now. 

Ok thanks all. Guess I'll have to sit tight and wait for an update. 

Does any know the reason behind the delay? Are they just backlogged by a large volume of orders?

There was mention that deliveries were delayed whilst the upgraded 2020 spec was launched, they stopped building 2019 spec in October I think. And the Sport spec has been launched, I guess these changes plus high demand for self charging cars (plug in models market share has fallen) is increasing lead times. That said, I bought mid Feb, and my car took 14 weeks even then.

My order yo yo’d back and forth

ordered August 1 with one revised estimate being pushed back to mid January before being swiftly being brought forward to mid December and finally arriving 30 November

Certainly not disappointed with the Corolla although the wait was at times very frustrating!!!

Ordered our 1.8 TS late August expecting mid December delivery.  In November we were told it would be mid January  and the latest date is early February.  Not holding my breath!!

Wow it sounds like I was lucky! At the time I thought my wait was frustrating (especially not knowing the date) but it looks like I got off lightly. Hang in there, folks - it's a great car.

I enquired about a 1.8 estate last week and was told delivery w/c 23rd March. 

Had a call from the dealer today and it should be arriving imminently, which is around a week earlier than expected 👍 he did mention that every car has arrived on time or early so far this year. 

Oh the anticipation!  You will not be disappointed, lovely relaxed driving, especially when stuck in traffic 😂 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not yet a Toyota owner but expect to be sometime in March when my new bi-tone Corolla Excel 1.8 hatchback arrives. I did the deal with my local dealer in Bracknell on Jan 25; the sales guy there told me expect it "before end of March, likely mid March." The MyToyota portal shows "the order for your new car has been processed and the factory has received the details." That's all I know for now. Reading all the comments in this thread, especially the recent ones, has been useful, thank you for your insights!

7 hours ago, Luke717 said:

I'm not yet a Toyota owner but expect to be sometime in March when my new bi-tone Corolla Excel 1.8 hatchback arrives. I did the deal with my local dealer in Bracknell on Jan 25; the sales guy there told me expect it "before end of March, likely mid March." The MyToyota portal shows "the order for your new car has been processed and the factory has received the details." That's all I know for now. Reading all the comments in this thread, especially the recent ones, has been useful, thank you for your insights!

I took delivery Dec 1, portal still shows as processing order (?)  LOL

Good to see the delivery times have shortened, mine took four months from deal to delivery some of the delay may have been down to the new MY 20 spec launch.

The best Toyota I have driven to date

Will be interesting to see if there is any movement in the anticipated delivery date.

I ordered an estate icon tech 2 weeks ago, was advised delivery first week in April. 

15 hours ago, bruce e said:

The best Toyota I have driven to date

I keep seeing people saying that 🙂

Sorry for the newb question, but what information are people using to log onto my Toyota and checking their order process? 

56 minutes ago, Agray88 said:

Sorry for the newb question, but what information are people using to log onto my Toyota and checking their order process? 

The day I did the deal for my car, I got an email from my dealer with a coded link that took me to the Toyota UK website and my account with details of my order. I already had an account on the website that I created when doing my earlier research on Corollas, that now has details of my order (still with the sole entry of "processing order"). I log in with email and password I created.

• Thanks 1

Update on expected delivery of my new Corolla. Dealer in Bracknell told me target date in their system says April 7. He said probably be earlier, week before that likely. He also mentioned that orders through dealership in recent weeks have all come earlier than target dates so I guess that's encouraging. So if it is last week of March, that would be about 9 weeks from order date of Jan 25.

Good enough! 😋

• 4 weeks later...

I Have a 1.8 touring sports icon tech on order since Jan 4th, for the last week it has been showing up as in transit, does that know if that is normal? 

Aaron, I ordered the same as you on 9th Jan and it has been in transit for just over a week. As you probably know this doesn't mean it's actually 'on the transporter' but going through all the checks before being delivered to the dealer. I was originally given a delivery date of 10th March but now looks as if it will be a week or so before being delivered to the dealer and then another few days before it can be driven away.

5 hours ago, Patrick07 said:

Aaron, I ordered the same as you on 9th Jan and it has been in transit for just over a week. As you probably know this doesn't mean it's actually 'on the transporter' but going through all the checks before being delivered to the dealer. I was originally given a delivery date of 10th March but now looks as if it will be a week or so before being delivered to the dealer and then another few days before it can be driven away.

Typical, I mention my concerns and then the dealer emails me with a delivery date, haha 17th March for me.

I found the icon misleading, showing the car on the transporter when it means it's actually still being tested.