Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Toyota Yaris Bluetooth Help

Ebrahim23

i have a 2012 Toyota Yaris , it had a factory radio which did not have bluetooth. I got a Radio with a screen from a 2015 model toyota yaris and fitted it onto my car however the bluetooth does not work. if you click bluetooth it just says loading and does not go to the next menu. if you click the phone option on the radio it says no microphone connected, i’m not sure if a microphone would cause the bluetooth to not work. please help. 

B29CE603-3327-4B22-8C1C-D4870F2CA85B.jpeg

8E70403C-8ED1-4148-BF62-EFFC20C0DB95.jpeg

7FAFF3A2-C889-472B-8B9B-A73AB08346B4.jpeg

you need the microphone conneced for you bluetooth to work - if you just want it for bluetooth audio you will need to ground the mic detect pin to either a ground or the chassis (metal case of the radio aka DA) for some items you need the parking brake grounded too

I have 2 touch2 devices that im bench testing with at the moment

I will post the pin numbers shortly

on the 28 pin connector (top right as you look at the rear) it seems you have the microphone wired.

The pin numbers are as follows  - looking at the connector pluged in

14 13 12 11 10 09 08 07 06 05 04 03 02 01

28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15

Pin 6 - Mic Detect

Pin 15 - Parking brake

I'm part way through doing a full pin listing

• 8 months later...

hi do you by any chance know the microphone part number or have a picture of the microphone or it’s location? 

It's located in the heater controls surround (top left on RHD or top right on LHD) 86250-0D020 (RHD) or 86250-0D010 (LHD) (its a small wedge shape)

eg. https://archiwum.allegro.pl/oferta/mikrofon-radia-toyota-yaris-iii-86250-0d040-i7827309349.html (pictures for reference)

be aware there seems to be listings for the mic but its actually a power control module

hi do you know if this is the microphone? This is from the car from which i got the screen. 

C2650E56-C1D5-4D9B-8332-BF9C3421A300.jpeg

3B63A06E-DD1E-40A7-BCEC-927DA15301F4.jpeg

DAD7095C-FCBA-4C02-8EF4-20F9D3D8941E.jpeg

also is there a specific connector cable which goes straight to the radio from the microphone connector? 

sorry i didn’t see your attachment but now i see that is actually the microphone. What other parts do i need from the vehicle that the microphone came from for the microphone to work? Thank you for helping me, been looking for some info on the internet for over a year now. 

you need the plug for the mic and wire it in, sometimes its already wired and the plug is taped up to the loom

the microphone plug is part of the main wiring loom

• 8 months later...

Do you find solution for your problem Ibrahim? I have the same problem with my auris

• 3 weeks later...

yes i did , as flash 22 said it was the mic detect wire since my car did not have a microphone wired up to it , i just took the mic detect wire out of the connector , and removed one of the screws from the radio metal housing and put the wire there and tightened the screw down onto it which grounded the connection . Working fine for the past one year , i took my car to four different Toyota dealers here in South Africa and no one could figure it out , can’t believe it was something so simple . Thank you Flash 22 !!! 

On 1/22/2021 at 3:51 PM, Dionusis said:

Do you find solution for your problem Ibrahim? I have the same problem with my auris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 3:51 PM, Dionusis said:

i just bought a mic a few days ago and connected it up , look for a toyota yaris that someone is stripping and buy the microphone (it’s located behind the aircon control switch) , the connector for the microphone was taped up to the back of my aircon control switch , i just plugged it in and everything is working perfect! 

• 5 months later...
On 2/21/2021 at 10:25 PM, Ebrahim23 said:

i just bought a mic a few days ago and connected it up , look for a toyota yaris that someone is stripping and buy the microphone (it’s located behind the aircon control switch) , the connector for the microphone was taped up to the back of my aircon control switch , i just plugged it in and everything is working perfect! 

May I know please how much u bought the mic? Thanks

It depends on your location, new they are 80 euro

sorry, i haven't had the time to get in-depth with a lot of questions lately

• 1 year later...
On 13.09.2019 at 17:57, flash22 said:

bluetooth'un çalışması için mikrofonun bağlı olması gerekir - yalnızca bluetooth sesi için istiyorsanız, ihtiyacınız olan bazı öğeler için mikrofon tespit pimini bir zemine veya şasiye (radyo, yani DA'nın metal kasası) topraklamanız gerekir. el freni de topraklı

Şu anda tezgah testi yapmakta olduğum 2 touch2 cihazım var

Pin numaralarını birazdan paylaşacağım.

Hello again

I solved the bluetooth problem.

It's working.

For 2015 model Yaris

need a microphone

What kind of microphone should I get?

And how to assemble.

I would be glad if you help.

Could be any microphone I can use