Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

“check brake system” “check ABS system” “check VSC system”

Steved3

D4D 2.2 XT5 2008 warning lights/buzzer.

Had car for nearly 4 years, serviced regularly including brake pads, last week when brake pedal depressed warning buzzer started and warnings said “check brake system” “check ABS system” “check VSC system”. Took vehicle to kwik fit for a free brake check, they said all pads were ok at 6mm & discs looked fine, and could not find any fault with the brakes hydraulics or the ABS rings! Anybody got any idea what the cause could be.?

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Topic title edited to reflect subject

Hi Steve, welcome to TOC 🙂

Modern cars have so many interlinked systems that a fault in one can cascade & show up as a warning for something that you wouldn't think related. It could even be something as simple as a failing 12V Battery, EGR etc etc. You really need to get it code read.

• 1 month later...

This showed itself in a previous 2006 RAV4 of mine. It was traced to a faulty brake light switch.

Hello from Paul...As above ...same symptoms as yourself and mine too was faulty brake light switch...fingers crossed !

Quick fix ....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links