Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can't get android mirror to connect

Hubsy

Hi Guys,

I bought the wife a brand new Aygo X-trend X-shift.

It's a different type of automatic she is used to, need to use the handbrake to hold car on a hill. she is not impressed.

Also not impressed spending £500 for 2 rear parking sensors, when I asked for sensors all round.

Rant over...

Phone has connected, via bluetooth, for hands free calls. 

I'm trying to connect an xperia XA1 (dual sim) to the display using Android Auto via the usb lead. 

Instruction say activate mirrorlink, but none on phone. What have I missed?

The X-Shift is a manual gearbox with automated clutch, so will be different to a torque converter automatic or CVT.

Not aware that front sensors are available for the Aygo. Stand alone rear sensors are £199 or £350 as part of the Outshield pack (which also includes aluminium scuff plates, boot liner and front &rear mudflaps).

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The X-Shift is a manual gearbox with automated clutch, so will be different to a torque converter automatic or CVT.

Not aware that front sensors are available for the Aygo. Stand alone rear sensors are £199 or £350 as part of the Outshield pack (which also includes aluminium scuff plates, boot liner and front &rear mudflaps).

Was not offered a test drive in an X-shift.

Charged £500 at dealers for sensors.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Galaxy note 9 and on my phone and mirrorlink can be accessed in the phone settings.

Go to your connections and scroll down until you see more connection settings and then mirrorlink should be visible asking you to connect your device to your car.

Then just connect your usb cable from your phone to the vehicle.

Hopefully that may help you although some of the menus wording and layout may be different on your phone from mine but it should hopefully be there unless your

phone is not enabled for mirrorlink. Apparently not all mobile phones are.

I am sure they have a web site on mirrorlink that it tells you which phones are compatible with mirrorlink and also the vehicles that are compatible.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links