Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has anyone used the "Hybrid Assistant" App in conjunction with the new Rav4 yet?

Ezcritique

I'm aware of the app and just about to take delivery of a new Rav4, just curious as to whether anyone thinks its a useful addition or not before I spend out on an Obd scanner.......??? 

I've downloaded it to a tablet but I'm waiting for the recommended interface device. The old cheap ELM327 I have used for years doesn't seem to work. I'll let you know when I've tried it but I ordered from Amazon and didn't spot the long delivery time.

23 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Hi what do these do please very interested thanks 

Its an Android app that uses the cars diagnostic socket to report a ton of information in real time. See this youtube channel for lots more details.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJ5eWI8vAY0haksRkFsbGQ/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

Thanks roadster-rav looks very interesting, be nice to know which bits and bobs you both get and if it all works out 👍

I'm considering the Obdilink recommended for the app it's not cheap at £55-60 compared to some but it's apparently quick and fully functional. Thought I'd ask for people's impressions in here before opting in... Just got the car today and reckon I'll just get on and order it anyway... 

The OBDLINK LX device has arrived and I have briefly tested it with a 7 inch Android 5 tablet. Works as expected although it took a couple of tries to link to the HybridAssistant software properly. Now I've got to find a safe place to mount the tablet so that its not too far from my eyeline. I'm thinking of somewhere near the right hand air vent and if this works I'll use the main instrument panel for ordinary information rather than the power distribution diagram. I have also tried the Miracast link to the centre display but I don't have an Android device which supports it. Although I eventually got it working with Windows 10, the Touch manual says that the Miracast display doesn't work with a moving vehicle so I can't find much use for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have as well ordered, received and installed the Odblink LX and has been running HA for some time now.

To be honest the HA is a bit hard to get a grip on but the Hybrid Reporter used together with HA is awesome. The reports you get from this is really nice.

You also get a copy of ODBLINK sw that allows you to purchase 2019 RAV4 extended PIDs pack that will allow you to get A LOT of more information from the car. 

Best regard

Dan Lundqvist 

Stockholm, Sweden 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links