Toyota have just published details of the new MY20 Corolla

1.2T is dropped for all grades.

MM19 Audio to include Andriod Auto / Apple carplay on all grades

Leather seats on Excel and Power tailgate on TS Excel

New GR Sport & Trek Grades for HB/TS

New Ash Grey colour for GR sport

Scarlet Flare replaces Barcelona red on Saloon

On sale from 1st November Deliveries to start 16th December

GR Sports grades include Unique GR Sport Styling, new 18" wheels on HB and 17" on TS, Sports seats with partial leather, Heads up display, 7" 3D TFT Screen,

TREK grade only on TS include Unique TREK Styling both inside and out, New 17" Alloy wheels, +20mm Suspension height, Power Tailgate, 

• Like 3

Does it mean that Apple carplay / android auto will be available that month for upgrade or retrofit

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

MM19 Audio to include Andriod Auto / Apple carplay on all grades

Good job Toyota, the've not even fixed MM17 after 6+ months.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wigglywee said:

Are they USA only specs?

No - Devon Aygo has provided the UK specs as announced by Toyota GB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

No - Devon Aygo has provided the UK specs as announced by Toyota GB.

Excellent!

I certainly hope we can retrofit some of these things to our cars.

I've only had mine for a month. Great car, but absolutely rubbish 'entertainment system'.

Android auto retrofit would be a godsend. Even the power tailgate would be useful.

Let's see!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, bewA said:

Gah i have buyers remorse now emoji23.png

Me too 😂 I’ve not even taken delivery of mine yet!  To be honest, though, I only really want the upgraded infotainment with Apple Car Play, I can live without the HUD, and full leather (for me anyway) gets a bit sweaty 😊. So fingers crossed the software can be upgraded. 

15 hours ago, Darcus said:

...... retrofit would be a godsend. Even the power tailgate would be useful.

As far as I'm aware, items like the power tailgate fitted after delivery won't be covered by the 5 year new car warranty - probably just the 1 year parts warranty.

4 hours ago, rafletcher said:

Me too 😂 I’ve not even taken delivery of mine yet! To be honest, though, I only really want the upgraded infotainment with Apple Car Play, I can live without the HUD, and full leather (for me anyway) gets a bit sweaty 😊. So fingers crossed the software can be upgraded.

I think i would have loved to have had HUD and blind spot monitoring as well as working apple/google integration 🙂

Maybe all these things will be available when i refresh my car in a couple of years!

On 9/15/2019 at 9:39 PM, Darcus said:

I've only had mine for a month. Great car, but absolutely rubbish 'entertainment system'.

That seems a bit harsh. It's one of the better ones I've seen. What are you trying to do that it doesn't support?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 3:09 PM, AndrueC said:

That seems a bit harsh. It's one of the better ones I've seen. What are you trying to do that it doesn't support?

The silence speaks a 1000 words. LOL

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 9:43 AM, bruce e said:

The silence speaks a 1000 words. LOL

Darius has not visited this site since 22nd Sept, having only made the one comment. Seems like another that that breezes onto the forum and leaves just as quick.

Had a quick look this morning at the MY20 spcs. Android Auto and Apple Carplay are of course included, and for the Excel leather seats, possibly remote boot opening (not clear), seemingly no more panoramic roof option, and prices up substantially - around £2-3k across the range. That's more than 10% at the lower spec end.

ETA: Oops, now I see the Excel with Pan Roof (I'm blaming the website design 😁).  No Bi-Tone paint though. I have seen one black/red in the flesh, and although it looks good in the publicity, in daylight it was less good.  

The dropping of the 1.2T, which cost less than the hybrid, will have an effect on list prices.

Hi Guys,

Just to give a data point - ordered 1.8 Touring Sports Icon Tech on 4th August - told delivery November.

Email from dealer today saying delivery put back to January, but will be MY20 with carplay/android auto. He told no other changes to the spec at the Icon Tech grade.

• Like 1

Snap 

Mine was due mid November, just had a call from the dealer saying now 2 January but will be the new spec with no price hike.

Looks like all deliveries due Nov have been put back.

Now to check exactly whats new in the MY20!

5 hours ago, bruce e said:

Snap 

Mine was due mid November, just had a call from the dealer saying now 2 January but will be the new spec with no price hike.

Looks like all deliveries due Nov have been put back.

Now to check exactly whats new in the MY20!

What model have you ordered?

1.8. Icon Tech in red

At least I got a phone call then follow up email

18 hours ago, bruce e said:

1.8. Icon Tech in red

The only listed change between a MY19 & MY20 Icon Tech is the addition of the MM19 Audio system which Adds Apple carplay, Android Auto & Over the air updates. 

3 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The only listed change between a MY19 & MY20 Icon Tech is the addition of the MM19 Audio system which Adds Apple carplay, Android Auto & Over the air updates. 

Thanks for that!

I have given this a lot of thought trying to understand, think of some reason for this additional delay. How does the introduction of MY20 justify a further two months delay? It makes no sense!

I placed my order on August 1, 2019 for an anticipated October delivery which slipped to November, that I could live with but now to January 2020, five months, with I'm afraid little faith that this date will not slip again!

No explanation has been forthcoming other than we are in the hands of Toyota, I hasten to add that I do not seek to criticise the dealership at all. I have been a loyal Toyota customer for over 20 years but to be honest I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order, enough is enough!

If a plausible explanation for this further delay were to be made then just maybe??!!

On 11/1/2019 at 10:55 PM, bruce e said:

1.8. Icon Tech in red

Current order rate is outpacing supply, so much so that any order that cannot fulfilled with a stock car goes into a que and allocated a production slot as soon as possible these are called NCO non covered orders, according to the latest bulletin from Toyota the final phase of MY19 production is allocated so any outstanding NCO will be switched over to MY20 production .

The factory is now finishing MY19 orders and Starting MY20 Production with initial MY20 deliveries starting on 1st December for Icon/Icon Tech/Design and Excel models and 1st January for the new GR & Trek models