Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keys locked in 2018 Auris!

JoeyC

So the Battery was flat in the 2018 Hybrid. I opened the door with the key manually, dropped in the cup holder and then closed the door before connecting up a boost pack. The car set off the alarm and locked the doors. We only have 1 key for the car and it's now locked inside.

Never knew it would do this! I had jump started about 6 on the same day, but had the keys in my pocket and it doesn't lock. 

Can anyone suggest a method or tools to open the car? 

Do you have breakdown cover with homestart? I think breakdown organisations will come out for an issue like this. 

If not they then what they would do is probably slip a thin pump up airbag between the rear top of one of the front doors, just enough to temporarily bend the top of the door out enough to slide a rod through and press the unlock button, or put a stiff piece of wire through the gap and try to hook the key on it. 

Doors locking spontaneously like this is fairly common when replacing a Battery or jumping it which is why garages always make sure to either do it with the door open, or at least not leave the keys in. 

Does the door have a lift up button that is standing proud? If so, get some of that tape that secures boxes, very bendy but strong.  Put a piece of rag over the blade of a flat blade screwdriver,  Put into top edge of door, slip the doubles over tape through the gap, slide it down the door opening until you can loop it over the door button, pull it tight and lift button up.

If you still had bonnet open  I would wedge window /door use lock out kit to press power button and undo window. 

If the bonnet was closed if would be a case of going fishing for the keys