Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 Cruise Control retrofit

Therealcletus

Hi folks, first time to post on this forum. I know the above topic has been done to death all over the interwebz, but bear with me.

I have a T25 Avensis estate, but it's '08, so the facelift version. I wanted to retrofit cruise control, and all the sign pointed to it being a simple job. 

My issue is the steering wheel in my car is not the same as the steering wheel in the various videos outline the job on YouTube, as there is no pop out window on the side, no socket to take the two pin plug from the stalk, and no obvious mounting point for the stalk.

I've attached some pictures, so my question is have I missed something entirely, or is there a different stalk, or perhaps a button like the T27 that I could fit instead.

Cherrs

IMG_20190914_114005-3000x2250.jpg

IMG_20190914_113841-2250x3000.jpg

IMG_20190914_113837-3000x2250.jpg

Although I skipped the T25 model, I did read up on posts where owners enquired about fitting cruise control. The following link has a lot of technical answers, but some of the photos have been deleted. The solution to fitting the control stalk I remember, is the steering cover may have the outline marked where the cutout should be, on the inner side. You then use a drill or dremel. Other option is to get a cover from a scrapped car. There are some other issues that may stop the conversion from working covered in the link below. You may need to do some wiring to the ECU and/or fusebox. Read the posts and you will see. 

Thanks for the link, I’ll read through, and no doubt come back with questions

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links