Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 Avensis 1.8 VVTI Clutch Replacement

CorollaMan1

So today I took the plunge and purchased my new baby for the princely sum of £450 from eBay

The handbrake is ridiculously high and it needs a couple of new tyres but the main issue is the clutch definitely needs doing. The bite is at the very top and resting my foot on it without engaging I can feel it if you know what I mean. 

What are the ball park figures for a clutch replacement for this car?

Also can anyone recommend an independent toyota garage that could do a full inspection and diagnostic on the vehicle. In warrington or the surrounding areas. 

The toyota dealer near me in Altrincham do a free health and safety check they're pretty ruthless in trying to find fault and run up business but it gives you a tough estimate of the worst case scenario.

I've heard of Celica s with the 1.8vvti being done for 2-250 but shop around my mate with his avensis eventually got his done locally in sale for his 07 avensis for 400 a couple of months back but they're were cheaper quotes in Bolton

Decent thanks for that. Doesnt sound too bad. I've been looking for the parts and can get a LuK clutch kit on Euro Car Parts for 88 quid with a promo code. So 150-200 in labour £300 seems like a good price to aim for.

Will be ringing round a few Bolton garages tomorrow!

Is there anything else I should be getting done whilst the gearbox is out? Ask them to change the gearbox oil or anything?

The guy who sold it to me said he sometimes struggles getting it into 1st but thats probably related to the clutch maybe? 

I haven't experienced it myself and drove it around for a couple of hours today.

You normally find then slow and notchy changing from 1st to 2nd when the box is cold .change the oil to a 75w gl4 synthetic oil there has been lots of write ups just do a search made mine a lot nicer from cold .

Yeah a gearbox oil change sounds like it'll be a good idea/improvement wouldn't they have to do that anyway I don't know?

Yeah could be some other useful jobs to do too but again I don't know.

I do know that fitting a full kit with the thrust bearings obviously better and that the oe brand of clutch aisin comes with the full kit and is superior quality for a keeper longevity wise if you can get one of those.

i know when I shopped around the quotes varied hugely so that sounds a good idea.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links