Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Insurance

Chris Dance

I have had Toyota car insurance ever since owning my first Toyota car. It is a lot more expensive than other insurers, but because I had such good service following a collision a few years back I have stayed loyal to the company. On renewal this year the service was not so good. Toyota have a new insurance management company and if you phone customer services you can be waiting up to 15 mins for the phone to be answered. I asked the representative why the system is not as good. I was told because it is a new company with newly trained staff and they are busy. I had a couple of questions because documents had conflicting statements. A couple of the questions had to referred to a supervisor resulting in more hanging on whilst getting an answer. Has anybody else experienced this poorer service?  It was never like this previously. I just hope it is not like this if I ever have a claim.

Moved to Toyota Insurance Discussions.

I used to use Toyota Insurance and found them generally good - though I did have some issues with them at renewal when they quoted way more than their website offered. I moved to LV= using a discount I had from Union membership.

I looked at Toyota, again, in the Summer of this year, looking for a quote - the website link doesn't work, and on checking I discovered you can only phone for a quote, and yes I wasn't impressed. Unfortunately I stayed with LV=.

I found at renewal last month (August) I was passed from one number to another and then it wasn't answered. I was No5 in the queue and I got tired of listening to stupid music.  I emailed them with a complaint and asked them to ring ME!  Our internet service provider - PlusNet - will phone you back if there's a queue.  Why Toyota can't do that, I don't know.

Eventually got a phone call with abject apologies, but they were way too late.  I'd got online and found almost an identical policy from the AA at less than half the price.  All done online, no waiting, no queues, no hassle.  Took all of ten minutes.

I told Toyota that they desperately need to get their act together (and reduce their prices) and to get renewals done online rather than on the phone .......................... or they'll rapidly lose their customer base.   They thanked me for my comments and apologised again.

Mick.