Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav Error - "system cannot find route"

motog

I have a 2010 Avensis with a TNS510 SatNav 2009-2010 genuine toyota factory version SD card PZ445-SD333-0R maps which was working fine. Since I was planning to update the maps and buy one through the Toyota eu website I needed the PZ number on the SDcard for which I removed the SD card after selecting "remove device" from the menu>information option, switched off the engine and then removed the card. I then wrote down the number and inserted the card back. Since then when trying to input a post code I get the response " system cannot find route".

I can see where I am on the map if I select the map and it shows all the postcodes but cannot find route to navigate

I have tried recalibrating the system using the full calibration and also the "quick calibration after tyre change" options and the position on the map is correct.

I have also tried copying the SD card contents in full onto 2 new SD cards thinking maybe the card is damaged but when I insert the new SDcard get a response "map SD card not found"

Given that the new maps are pound 145 I do not wish to update but would like to find out how I can get the existing SD card/maps to work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

John

4 hours ago, motog said:

I have also tried copying the SD card contents in full onto 2 new SD cards thinking maybe the card is damaged but when I insert the new SDcard get a response "map SD card not found"

the card will have some form of encryption/id check to deter counterfeiting

Given that the new maps are pound 145 I do not wish to update but would like to find out how I can get the existing SD card/maps to work.

I didn't think that they were quite that dear but the encryption has been defeated & counterfeits are widely available for ~£25 ...

Duplicate topic deleted.

I am not an expert and don't have that system in my car (I use phones via Bluetooth), but the most simplest thing I would do is disconnect all power to the unit then reconnect. Hopefully the reboot will sort the problem. Also make sure no foreign body has got into the SD card slot!

This when you wish you had Mirror Link, Apple carplay or Android Auto. Much simpler with easy free updates, especially using Google maps, Here maps or Waze. Follow Scotts suggestion and look for a better cost option for later SD cards, if and when the TNS510 starts working properly again.

2 hours ago, Konrad C said:

I am not an expert and don't have that system in my car (I use phones via Bluetooth), but the most simplest thing I would do is disconnect all power to the unit then reconnect. Hopefully the reboot will sort the problem.

if the problem is the card or card reader then the system may not be able to read the loading kwi file & hence won't be able to start so he will lose radio etc. too ...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links