Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2019 Hardwiring Dashcam - which fuses?

dumdirum

Hello,

Have anyone of you ever tried hardwiring a Dashcam in your Toyota Yaris? There are these ACC hardwire kits that can automatically switch supported dashcams to parking mode by detecting when car is turned off and so.

They require you to connect camera to two circuits, one that is live when car ignition is turned on and the other one that is still live when car ignition is turned off.

The cables usually have special adapters that can be plugged in tirectly into the fusebox of car like these

image.thumb.png.87cd83b9bd33c4ea635fd68dfd194e3c.png

My question is, have anyone tried hardwiring Dashcam before and if yes which fuses did you use?

Also, what type of fuses they were (ATS, ATC, Micro2, Mini)?

Konrad Hi, It would depend on wether you want it in 'Park' mode (permanent live) or On just when driving.. .

4 minutes ago, Bomber209 said:

Konrad Hi, It would depend on wether you want it in 'Park' mode (permanent live) or On just when driving.. .

Both of them. ACC hardwire kits are meant to support both park mode and drive mode.

So i need to locate both permanent live fuse and drive only fuse.

I can only suggest a switched power supply from fuse 15, CIG. Feeds the12v accessory socket. Located under the dash, passenger side. Assuming things haven't changed through the years.

As for a permanent 12v you need to go through each fuse with a multimeter or test lamp to locate a suitable fuse which is live with ignition off. I would advise care in this choice, particularly a fuse which supplies any safey related item(s) or sensitive electronic equipment - e.g. engine computer. You could always find a way through the firewall and connec a suitably fused direct Battery connection or fuse under the bonnet.

17 minutes ago, mrpj said:

As for a permanent 12v you need to go through each fuse with a multimeter or test lamp to locate a suitable fuse which is live with ignition off.

Yup, thats what I'll eventually have to do. But before that, before i get my hands on my car (picking it up next week) I'm trying to get information from other people. If not which fuse to pick then what types of fuses are in that car, so i can buy proper parts beforehand.

it depends on the camera some have batterys for park mode, mine is tapped off the aux socket to a inline socket (so just sw live), i dont like fuse taps especially on modern cars as some circuits only stay live for a set amount of time after the ignition is off,  One of the easiest perm lives to get to is behind the stereo - most cameras pull less than 300ma when on

i have gone through 5 power magic modules on my last 2 cars (3 out of the 5 where warranty replacements) so the yaris didnt get one

If Konrad is buying/has bought that Viofo camera then it uses a capacitor not a Battery - far better and more reliable. If it's the A119 then I have an original version installed in another car without using parking mode though. I just power it from a lithium Battery power bank. (It's a very old car!)

If the fuse type hasn't changed over the years then the fuses are micro low profile, like these  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mixed-Micro-Blade-Fuses-Auto/dp/B071Y3V49P/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1I1XQUEPCX68X&keywords=micro+fuses+for+cars&qid=1568797763&s=gateway&sprefix=micro+fuses%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-10

18 hours ago, flash22 said:

i have gone through 5 power magic modules on my last 2 cars (3 out of the 5 where warranty replacements) so the yaris didnt get one

I have a Thinkware hard-wired into my car using a piggyback fuse adapter on a permanently live, 1 of the advantages being that the Battery protection device for the 12V is built into the camera.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:09 AM, mrpj said:

If Konrad is buying/has bought that Viofo camera then it uses a capacitor not a battery - far better and more reliable. If it's the A119 then I have an original version installed in another car without using parking mode though. I just power it from a lithium battery power bank. (It's a very old car!)

If the fuse type hasn't changed over the years then the fuses are micro low profile, like these  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mixed-Micro-Blade-Fuses-Auto/dp/B071Y3V49P/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1I1XQUEPCX68X&keywords=micro+fuses+for+cars&qid=1568797763&s=gateway&sprefix=micro+fuses%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-10

Finally a precise answer "micro low profile", that's what i was looking for.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links