Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Considering a Yaris - advice

debs coppola

hi all ......I would like some advice please. I have a aygo at the moment and have been looking at a used yaris 2016,2017 ....which is the best model I would like sat nav .not sure if they do cruise and 0 road tax or low can someone point me in the right direction and how much I should expect to pay big thanks

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Topic title edited to reflect subject

Hi debs,  I think the only Yaris that is '0' road tax is a hybrid registered on or before 31st. March 2017.  After the 1st April 2017 all cars were taxed yearly at the same rate, I believe it was £130/140. 

My yaris is a hybrid before the 31st March, it has satnav, cruise control, climate control etc. but they are all automatic. They are more expensive than petrol only models, and are rarer to find. 

If you want the best car for urban commuting that is not a fully electric vehicle, the zero tax version of the Yaris Hybrid is it. Check out autotrader for prices. 

The hybrids do seem to hold there money your looking at £8800-11000 if you want the fully loaded one that is the Excel it is not that common as it was £23k new, but you may find a Bi Tone or Icon tech for a little less

find the car you like and check its tax rate online  with its reg

My Yaris 2016 d4d has zero 'road tax' but I think Toyota stopped production, or Toyota UK stopped selling them due to diesels becoming unpopular.

I have had a yarid d4d which was a great car . We now have a  Auris with the same diesel engine again great car with £20 road tax. The yaris I had was a MK 1 so had £30 tax. I have now gone for my first Hybrid Yaris as I wanted a Automatic and there was no option to have Diesel Auto Yaris . I would recomment you drive  both as they feel a lot differnt behind the wheel. The Diesel Yaris is seems to  quite a bit cheaper now to buy than a hybrid

Unless your doing high miles, diesel makes no sence, as you get the same mpg from a petrol these days plus you dont have to deal the the ever increasing emmisions

Imo hybrid is the way forward untill manufactures are upto speed with electric

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Imo hybrid is the way forward untill manufactures are upto speed with electric

I utterly agree.

Mick.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my Yaris hybrid for a month now and done 1400 miles  . Fuel consumprion is average of high 50s and as petrol is about 5p a litre cheaper around here than diesel It is  working out cheaper that the I20 diesel we but  not as good as the previous yaris D4D  (Mk 1yaris  65 mpg best car ever !)

After 39 years of driving,a hybrid does take some getting used to.You quickly learn that harshy  accelerationand braking  means taking a hit to the fuel consumption. Ihe car loves cruising along at a steady speed.

The stragest thing I find is previously I would go all out to avoid the jam on the M4 on the way home in the afternoon , now if I am stuck I just 'bob along' seeing how far I can on with the petrol enging starting up. 

So far I am well empressed  it took some getting used to the noise of the reving engine but the trade off for the auto box is worth it.

Totally agree with stevecrvn.  Had my 2015 Yaris Icon Hybrid for 18 months now. it has zero road tax and I have been averaging 57mpg. 

I find that after a quick burst of acceleration you can ease off the accelerator and the revs will drop but it still keeps accelerating quite well.  I have no trouble keeping up with traffic on motorways without the engine screaming despite what some reviewers would have you believe. 

The transmission is superb in traffic and very reponsive, unlike some automatics.

A lot of the motoring press seem to be very biased against Toyota hybrids. I suspect many reviews are based on only a few hours driving, it does take a few days to adjust your driving style to get the best out of a hybrid.

Had 5 Yaris the best is the last hybrid so auto and cruise control satnav etc

but all my Yaris have been very good never had to take one back and say this is not working

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links