Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smartphone Compatibility

Dee Bee

Hi all had my 2019 Hybrid for three months now, the dealer assured me that mirror link would be ok for my iPhone, not true. True smartphone compatibility is not available in the UK on the Rav. I have made little digs on various social media platforms where Toyota advertise and they always come back with the stock answer that they are looking into it and to keep looking on blogs for the current status, it seems that Toyota aren't really doing anything? My Aygo has Apple Play and it is excellent (even though nothing to do with the Toyota input in the car's production) I love my Rav but this issue really niggles me, I read an update in early 2020 (for Corolla) will be the one to give all smartphone compatibility, will that be for Rav as well? Toyota are saying nothing which tends to make me think (to quote a popular saying) they are "kicking the can down the road"? 

Going by what Devon Aygo has said C-HR may get it before Corolla.

There is also a post in the Corolla forum 

where someone appears to have Android Auto working through Mirrorlink - I realise that doesn't really help you as an Apple user though.

Ive had the same issues - and contacted them numerous times

I just use my phone (Iphone) via bluetooth now for calls and that works ok

I cannot get my iPhone to connect to the car via wifi and have given up on that .....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links