Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My aging stable

CaffeineAddict

Hi guys,

It's traditional to introduce your garage, right? Cool.

Carina II Exec 2.0l - my baby and my daily driver. I learnt to drive in a Matchplay and this thing just fits me.

She needs some TLC to fix the Super Red paint that's gone predictably pink and the spoiler that's got a bad case of GRP rot. She's only done 105,000 miles and the previous owner was an old boy who bought it when he retired and had only done 1k  a year for the last ten years.

Currently trying to decide if I should keep her standard or upgrade the interior (possibly front seats from a Corolla E11 SR or E12 T Sport) and chuck a beams engine in it. I'm leaning towards upgrading it since I doubt she'll ever be considered a classic. Only mods (if you can call them that) are air deflectors, red interior lights (because I'm odd), and a subtle semi-period looking Blaupunct radio. Currently got no steering wheel as I'm part way through wrapping it in leather reclaimed from an old sofa.

Other than a new exhaust, she's had no work done in 30k miles / 3yrs.

Corolla E12 T-Sport 3dr - my new toy. 18 years old and only done 29,000 miles. Bought from a couple who (surprise surprise) bought it when they retired. When I bought it it had the original tyres on it (!) which came off as soon as it came home. Other than air deflectors, it's stock. I'm going to replace the radio and get a tint on the back windows, but nothing that can't be reversed. My plan is to keep the miles down and see what happens to the value.

She's got the predictable alarm issues, but that for another post.

Corolla E12 1.4 5dr - bog standard shopping cart model, but again with stupid low miles. This time, 24,000 miles. This is the wife's so it'll probably stay as it is.

I love Toyotas. Before these three the driveway has be home to 3 Corolla E11 SRs (facelift with the vvti engine), a 1.8 Carina E (the only Toyota I've ever disliked), and another Carina II. They've all been damned nearly indestructible...

IMG_20190919_163511.jpg

• Like 1

Great choice of older Toyotas.    The corolla range of models have been going for quite a few years. 

I remember my first corolla was the '30' model back in the 70's.  I think the best one I had was 1988 ( E ) reg. it had really good quality fabric seats are really thick carpets.