Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 2008 2.2 d4d d-cat wont rev after a couple og minutes.

Henrik (Denmark)

13 hours ago, furtula said:

You just need an adapter cable, can get it from websites like ebay and alike, costs 10-15 GBP, just search for Toyota techstream adapter cable.

Most of them come with with a small disc with the software.

Downside is that it works out of the box on windows xp only, on newer ones you need to do some workarounds, however some people reported using windows XP in a virtual box and that it worked fine, and yeah, you also need a laptop for it, but as you can see in the topic, it's a powerful troubleshooting tool.

Thanks for reply.

I have ordered one now. I have a workshop laptop with Windows xp so that is perfect. I really regret spending 300 GPP om another tester. But that is life. I am so excited to get it and see ud that can shed some light over this annoying error😁

• 2 weeks later...

More help is needed. I have now received the cable and a disc with software. Everything is fine except for the key i got from the dealer is not working. What do i do? I have v. 14.

Thanks again.

Regards Henrik

What key from the dealer? Did you buy the license to use the software for some limited time, or some other key?

From what i know, the cables usually  get shipped with pirated, though working software.

58 minutes ago, furtula said:

What key from the dealer? Did you buy the license to use the software for some limited time, or some other key?

From what i know, the cables usually  get shipped with pirated, though working software.

I had to send the product number to the dealer and then get a key. It was described in the disc, so could not see it before arrival. So now i need some pirated software, but i can not find any.

Something is off there, since the license according to Toyota website differs quite a lot, and same as toyota tech manuals it's bought on limited subscription basis.

I don't know what kind of license you bought from a dealer, but if you did, you should demand they fix it.

In the meanwhile you can download a cracked version online, while it's getting fixed, pm me if you have problems getting it.

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/GTS/Wizard/Step6.aspx

image.thumb.png.0cd635ee5703b3238fedd2f0489d5d63.png

Thanks for your help. The seller will fix it with teamviewer. In the meanwhile i have had the injectors tested and they are all faulty. 3 of them is leaking a lot, the last one has a shortcut inside in the electrics. So probably where the fault is. I have been scouting online for a new set and the cheapest i can find are at commonraildiesels.com at 200 GBP each. Does anyone have any experiences with them? I am wondering how they can sell them at almost half price of everybody else. I freakin' love this forum! Lots of replys and competent people!

Thanks again 🙂

1 hour ago, Henrik (Denmark) said:

Thanks for your help. The seller will fix it with teamviewer. In the meanwhile i have had the injectors tested and they are all faulty. 3 of them is leaking a lot, the last one has a shortcut inside in the electrics. So probably where the fault is. I have been scouting online for a new set and the cheapest i can find are at commonraildiesels.com at 200 GBP each. Does anyone have any experiences with them? I am wondering how they can sell them at almost half price of everybody else. I freakin' love this forum! Lots of replys and competent people!

Thanks again 🙂

Fix it via teamviewer? That does not sound like a dealer bought license to me, and if it's not, i would not give access to anyone as it's possible to backdoor the PC even if it's all shown on screen.

I can send you a copy of my Techstream if you wish, just pm me.

If you install injectors yourself, it's necessary to code them to the car using techstream.

I checked that website and my prices  differ a lot from what you wrote, injectors for 2AD-FTV(FHD) are 85 to 99 GBP, some say reconditioned, some which are cheaper, dont say reconditioned.

57 minutes ago, furtula said:

Fix it via teamviewer? That does not sound like a dealer bought license to me, and if it's not, i would not give access to anyone as it's possible to backdoor the PC even if it's all shown on screen.

I can send you a copy of my Techstream if you wish, just pm me.

If you install injectors yourself, it's necessary to code them to the car using techstream.

I checked that website and my prices  differ a lot from what you wrote, injectors for 2AD-FTV(FHD) are 85 to 99 GBP, some say reconditioned, some which are cheaper, dont say reconditioned.

It a workshop laptop so it is limited what her can do with it. He is going to help with some drivers that are teasing me too.

The engine code is 2ad-fhv so they are expensive. What can you get them for? Not reconditioned. 

3 hours ago, Henrik (Denmark) said:

It a workshop laptop so it is limited what her can do with it. He is going to help with some drivers that are teasing me too.

The engine code is 2ad-fhv so they are expensive. What can you get them for? Not reconditioned. 

Turns out those are all 2ad-ftv, so for yours i got the same price as you. 

Left field suggestion. Fuel vacuum? Try undoing the fuel cap next time. 

May sound dumb but it’s a known issue with Porsche. Cost nothing to try. 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

After some waiting time i am back. The car is still not running.

I had to buy new injectors from a toyota dealer. I have programmed them and everything so the fault is not there. My techstream is up and running so i have detached a couple of photos of the live data in idle. Can anyone see anything that are not looking how it should? Only thing i still see is the exhaust temperatures at 750 degrees. The 5. injector is not connected at all (Nor electric or fuel line). If i disconnect the two sensors they will be at 0 degrees but the fault still occurs. Do i need a new ECU or what am i going to do next? Toyota had it for 2 weeks and they gave up, with the reason that it could be the tuning. The car has been running fine for several years so i really do not believe that is the issue.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards Henrik Hansen

data1.jpg

data2.png

• 1 year later...
On 11/24/2019 at 4:49 PM, Henrik (Denmark) said:

Hi guys.

After some waiting time i am back. The car is still not running.

I had to buy new injectors from a toyota dealer. I have programmed them and everything so the fault is not there. My techstream is up and running so i have detached a couple of photos of the live data in idle. Can anyone see anything that are not looking how it should? Only thing i still see is the exhaust temperatures at 750 degrees. The 5. injector is not connected at all (Nor electric or fuel line). If i disconnect the two sensors they will be at 0 degrees but the fault still occurs. Do i need a new ECU or what am i going to do next? Toyota had it for 2 weeks and they gave up, with the reason that it could be the tuning. The car has been running fine for several years so i really do not believe that is the issue.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards Henrik Hansen

data1.jpg

data2.png

Hi !

Is the problem solved or not?

Ihave the same problem with my car

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I have a rav4 same engine.

The same issue,the car wot rev over 3k,but if turned off stay off about 10 sec it starts and all is OK about 1min then the problem is back again.

Just like your problem from this topic:

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/189744-rav4-2008-22-d4d-d-cat-wont-rev-after-a-couple-og-minutes/page/2/#comments

Mine is the same case Decat and no DPF With remap. No codes,all sensors i can remember are replaced.

Did you find the problem or solution.

Please!

I`m running out of ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links