Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connector?

Bennie1

Hi all,

First time posting, so excuse me if not in correct listing.

Can somebody please tell me what this connector is called? (see attached photos)

I have a 2005 plate (55) UK model Toyota Corolla hatchback and was swapping my headlight assemblies.

Thanks in advance

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 18.50.52.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 18.50.58.jpeg

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Topic title edited to reflect subject

Hi,

You are in the right forum, if you can find us between the all the new Corolla entries.

Expect you have tried Mr, T spares dept without luck ?  ,  or just  been offered a full loom at a very large price ?

Think your best bet is to buy one of these generic 8 way waterproof car connectors for a few pounds on Ebay , similar to the pics below, and splice the cables in, sealing them with heat shrink sleeving, often easier than crimping, unless you have the right crimp tool.

000025.jpg

000026.jpg

Is that corrosion or grease ? Is this for the headlight or just floating ? Toyota is very expensive for the repair pig tails (terminals) but the housings are reasonably priced, the manufacture will more than likely be Sumitomo (sws) a lot of the connectors are hard to source in the uk

Its a slide lock connector so it plugs onto a module

2 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Hi,

You are in the right forum, if you can find us between the all the new Corolla entries.

Expect you have tried Mr, T spares dept without luck ?  ,  or just  been offered a full loom at a very large price ?

Think your best bet is to buy one of these generic 8 way waterproof car connectors for a few pounds on Ebay , similar to the pics below, and splice the cables in, sealing them with heat shrink sleeving, often easier than crimping, unless you have the right crimp tool.

000025.jpg

000026.jpg

Thanks for the advice

20 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Is that corrosion or grease ? Is this for the headlight or just floating ? Toyota is very expensive for the repair pig tails (terminals) but the housings are reasonably priced, the manufacture will more than likely be Sumitomo (sws) a lot of the connectors are hard to source in the uk

Its a slide lock connector so it plugs onto a module

I tried cleaning it. It had corrosion in the pins inside. Did not manage to get it working.

This connector plugs into the Passenger-Side headlight assembly, and then the red clip is pushed in to 'lock' it in place.

Looked everywhere you could imagine, to no success. 

Appreciate the advice you gave flash22 

This is an unusual plug for a headlight usually each bulb has its own connector................... unless it's for a motor of some type

Sometimes they are called multiplug connectors or multipin connectors, multiway connectors. 

Have you checked to make sure that the greasy side actually connects to anything as sometimes all of the pins are not in use. 

Hi,

Not a connector I have looked at, but if its the main feed to the whole headlamp assembly , then would think most pins will be used,  eg main ,dipped, sidelight, indicator, headlight level motor and perhaps even the foglights  ?

Assume you are removing a standard headlight and replacing with the same, not a high power conversion etc  ..?

Can you PM me your VIN ? You say it attaches to the headlight i bet it just holds it in place out the way with no physical connections

On 9/24/2019 at 8:39 PM, Stivino said:

Sometimes they are called multiplug connectors or multipin connectors, multiway connectors. 

Have you checked to make sure that the greasy side actually connects to anything as sometimes all of the pins are not in use. 

Hi

Yes this connector plugs into the actual headlight assembly.

I've managed to get this part from a local junk yard, will see if I can solder the cables together and plug into headlight assembly.

No where else sells this, not eBay or anything.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:57 PM, oldcodger said:

Hi,

Not a connector I have looked at, but if its the main feed to the whole headlamp assembly , then would think most pins will be used,  eg main ,dipped, sidelight, indicator, headlight level motor and perhaps even the foglights  ?

Assume you are removing a standard headlight and replacing with the same, not a high power conversion etc  ..?

Hi,

Yes it plugs into the headlight assembly, it has pins which this connector clicks into place. and held down by the red tab being pushed in.

I'm just replacing a broken headlight assembly, no aftermarket kits

Ah ok thats why i couldn't find it, good luck with splicing the new loom in - solder and heatshrink should be the trick

Is the car a UK Compressor model ?

On 9/26/2019 at 3:44 PM, flash22 said:

Ah ok thats why i couldn't find it, good luck with splicing the new loom in - solder and heatshrink should be the trick

Is the car a UK Compressor model ?

Its a Toyota Corolla 1.6 L 5-door hatchback 

Not sure what a compressor model is