Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 D4D 2.0 Heater Suddenly Cold

boothy1

Hello I'm new to this forum , appreciate any help .  I didn't realise there is a specific Verso Forum , so I posted last week in Corolla forum questions for help re heater not working, as link below  .

Basically heater gone cold suddenly 115k miles, although well serviced and looked after car, cant se that coolant has been changed, but visually looks ok in header tank (I plan to change soon). 

So I think, may be matrix blocked, or flap actuator broke controlling air flow over matrix ?.  

Measuring temp on both hoses they are both hot with one slightly hotter (58 and 51 C) as you normally expect.

I can get to the bulkhead and flush heater ( good thread in Corolla forum re this ) ,  and iv'e took glovebox off to see fan and fan flap working fine, but if I need to, how do I get to the matrix and flap diverter for heater /aircon , as all I can see is fan box and flap ? 

What I cant understand is when I turn heat control right up and turn air con on, I get very cold air , air con trying to cool down car when temp set to 29 degrees? So does anyone think this more of a stuck flap/  temp measure/control issue  ( ive already changed the dash control, same symptoms with replacement) ?

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/189714-verso-d4d-20-heater-problem/

This Verso has been a brilliant car , 50 MPG done about 40k miles over 3 years, with no issues , really well built car , I would like to keep it and clock up mega miles on it as a great vehicle . 

Appreciate any tips ,  thanks  John

If you can confirm the heater core is warm, then it should be the flap control.

This website should be helpfull:
 https://www.autocats.ws/manual/toyota/Corolla_120/Home.htm  2001 to 2007 Corolla

https://www.autocats.ws/manual/toyota/Corolla_Verso10/Home.htm   Corolla Verso

It only works on Internet Explorer (EDGE), i dont have windows, so i installed addon to my browser that emulates IE7 and it works there (in case you get an error that you have to use IE to view it).

Once you open it. click 1st from the top, then the lower one shown in picture to open heating related components. There you have drawn how it all fits together.

I used their Auris manual multiple times and it was very helpful.

image.thumb.png.ee2252fda8be0fb148e369c19039de83.png

Fortula , many thanks for this, that's great I am making use of it now to get to flap control,  many thanks again