Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear wiper arm/blade

2005TSpirit

When I got my Previa it had a replacement rear wiper arm and blade that never seemed to clear the screen properly, especially near the outer of the blade. When I got around to replacing it I found the fitted wiper was too small. I purchased a third-party unit that had a bigger arm/blade and covered more of the screen. However, that too did not sweep properly at the outside edge. I'm guessing there is not sufficient pressure on the blade. Thinking to purchase the correct part from the Toyota dealer and just wondering if anyone has a similar experience with the rear wiper not clearing properly?

I have a dual camera drive recorder so want the rear screen to clear properly.

In my experience with buying 3rd party wipers, the cheapest ones worked the best. Mid range ones had harder rubber, i guess for durability and would smear, even under heavier rain.

As far as the rear wiper goes, i'm just buying a similarly sized wiper, take the rubber out and fit it onto my original wiper arm. Works great, costs next to nothing, and takes a few minutes to fit.

• 1 month later...

I spoke with a Toyota dealer who said that the rear wipers were really designed only to clear a view for reversing and wasn't sure they ever cleared the whole sweep area. I purchased a cheap replacement of eBay (which does not clear the whole sweep area) and used Rain Clear on the glass in front of the rear view camera. This has helped. Does anyone have experience with the rear wiper actually clearing the whole sweep area?