Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Estima 2004 radio not working

Michawl

Hi everyone. my friend who is not on the internet has just bought Toyota Estima 2004 in the UK and the radio not working. The radio is a CSE ND3A w54A and none of the button work when pressed. The screen comes on when the key is turned and stays on until turn the key off please help

Was it working when he bought it.???..is it the original unit.?..

When I first got my Estima the radio screen when the ignition was on was alight all the time, I went through the menu pressing the screen and buttons and managed to turn the radio light off. So now when I turn the ignition on the screen light comes on for about ten seconds then goes off. He might need to fiddle with it to turn it on again, as all the screen is probably in Japanese doesn't help I don't use the radio so being off doesn't bother me.

Hi i read last night when they get imported they disconnect they Battery and now i radio needs a boot up CD, i wonder if this is correct? I'm the same as you and not bothered about the radio but my friend paid £5000 and want everything working and likes the radio on!!!

Mine had some strange contraption including a  mini disc player..!!..I simply replaced with a double DIN unit for about £80 which has all the bells and whistles I could need...but virtually never use..lol...mainly wanted it for the hands free/bluetooth telephone facility.

It will be in Japanese only and the radio has different tuning steps to the UK, disconnect the Battery and it should default to factory settings, if its just the back light is off shine a torch into the screen and you should be able to see the display

If its dead check the fuses

Edit. Oh its that one - try https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/t/insert-correct-map-disk-solution-for-toyota-nd3a-w54a-download-link-for-software/413511

Hi, thank you for the advice,  I have just found that the radio will not work in the UK apart from very few channels. Where did you buy a double din for £80 thats a great price!

eBay.... it was 3 years ago but I'm sure you can still get a unit at a similar price today.

Wasn't a big name make but it was plug and play...easy fit...and still good today.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links