Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Silver colour/lacquer/finish on Prius+ 2017 and Prius 2015 PHEV ?

HSDish

Both our Prius+ 2017 and Prius 2015 PHEV are "Silver" colour/lacquer/finish but thers is an distinct difference in look between them.

Our Prius PHEV 2015 is "brighter" than our Prius+ 2017.

Think the PHEV had some colour/lacquer/finish treatment (bought it used so Im not sure but I think the seller said something about that)

Im about to fix/fill in some small dents (from small pebbles/sones I think) and I got an "car care touch up set" from our Prius+ but it seems a bit dark for our PHEV though both are "silver".

Anyone who's got any suggestions ?

DSC_0774 (2)_LI.jpg

DSC_0775 (3)_LI.jpg

Check the color codes in the doors, the touch up kits  are usually around 10 GBP anyway, so i'd get another one if you're too bothered by the difference.

Even on the picture you can notice that they are not that same shade, with the one closer to the camera having a a darker shade, and what looks to me like a greenish tint, maybe in clear coat.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, furtula said:

Check the color codes in the doors, the touch up kits  are usually around 10 GBP anyway, so i'd get another one if you're too bothered by the difference.

Even on the picture you can notice that they are not that same shade, with the one closer to the camera having a a darker shade, and what looks to me like a greenish tint, maybe in clear coat.

Thanks!

Checked the colourcodes and both the Prius PHEV and The Prius+ got IF7 as code

Think I made a mistake yesterday. 

Searched our colourcodes from modelnumbers on i net and got just 17F code on bothj cars but...

when I looked in our cars doors today I found these (pics)

Longer and different code on both cars.

Is it possible to get specific touch up set for this code ?

Prius PHEV koder (2).JPG

Prius+ koder - kopia (2).JPG

The "1F7" is the colour code, the other codes aren't relevant to the bodywork paint.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, QuantumFireball said:

The "1F7" is the colour code, the other codes aren't relevant to the bodywork paint.

OK.

Then there is no reason to buy another touch up set I suppose.

I'll try the Prius+ set

• 2 weeks later...

If they have the same code, IF7, which In the UK is called Tyrol Silver and they are different shades, then I suspect one of them must have had a respray or been re lacquered in non original lacquer or a thicker coat of lacquer.

Both My Gen 4 and SWMBO's are IF7, Tyrol silver and they look exactly the same shade. As did my previous Gen 3 and Prius+ which were both Tyrol silver as well.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kithmo said:

If they have the same code, IF7, which In the UK is called Tyrol Silver and they are different shades, then I suspect one of them must have had a respray or been re lacquered in non original lacquer or a thicker coat of lacquer.

Both My Gen 4 and SWMBO's are IF7, Tyrol silver and they look exactly the same shade. As did my previous Gen 3 and Prius+ which were both Tyrol silver as well.

Thanks!

Yes I'm pretty sure that the PHEV has got an aftermarket lacquer treatment (Ditec).

Looks like it has a more shiny, clearer and thicker top coat.