Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 57 Radio Code

Moray

Hello All.. Hope someone can help. I had problems with my car Battery recently I ended up buying a new Battery and all was well or so I thought.... Of course disconnecting my Battery means Ive lost the use of the CD /radio player and I don't know the code. Ive  had the car for 4 years and until this problem its caused me no problems Pretty sure its an original when built Cd/radio player

Ive been to the local dealer and they were no help, e mailed Toyota ditto. Does anyone know how to solve this ? Tried google and following instructions I cant even get the 4 dashes first step Any suggestions ?

Many thanks

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club. Moved to the Avensis club.

Toyota don't use radio codes, do you have Navigation with a touch screen ? What does the screen say? I suspect "a programme cannot be read contact your dealer" ? 

If so you need to flip down the screen and make sure there is a navigation disc in the "map" slot this is required to boot the headunit

Hi Devon Thanks for the reply My car is a 57reg so doesn't have the luxury of  GPS Navigation

Mine is a 57 and has a factory fitted satnav. I suspect that someone may have retrofit a CD player from another car brand. Have you got any model numbers on the front to search or can you pull it at least partway out to check? If it is a Toyota system, then look through the owner's wallet, if you have one. Besides the owner's manual, there may be a card with the radio code.

18 hours ago, Moray said:

Hi Devon Thanks for the reply My car is a 57reg so doesn't have the luxury of  GPS Navigation

My 57 plate TR (& all grades above) did. TR was 2nd bottom grade.

To @lpha Photo attached.... this is a mystery to me As you can see other posters have sat nav on the the 57 Avensis So I went to the car and pressed the NAVI button everything was dead on the unit so no response. I then checked the handbook and strangely there is no mention on the NAVI button and no mention of sat nav/ GPs in it. Plus I have had the car for 4 years and I must have pressed the NAVI button Although sat  nav has never been a priority for me as I only use the car locally

Any help appreciated, thanks to all on this thread

IMG_0826.JPG

On the Code issue... If i understand you correctly...the screen is blank? It doesn't ask for a code or anything? If this is the case i would start looking at fuses.

In regards to navigation...all units have the Navi button...but the Navi module itself was an option...so in reality majority of these cars dont have it installed...at least in my home market 🙂

3 hours ago, Moray said:

To @lpha Photo attached.... this is a mystery to me As you can see other posters have sat nav on the the 57 Avensis

what trim grade is your car? a T2?

The radio color does not match the rest of the trim.

Anyway, i guess someone in the past had similar issue, and maybe they wrote the code somewhere on the headunit.

It used to be an old unwritten rule back when codes were pretty common, to write down the code on a piece of paper, and glue it to somewhere on the exterior of the headunit.

By this i mean the metal exterior of the headunit itself, meaning if you want to check, you would have to take the trim out and have a look.