Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GT86 Alloys Fit Avensis?

CRAZYT2

Hi 

Could I have some advice to upgrade my current steel wheels to a set of alloys

My Avensis Tourer is 59 reg and I have a set of 17" GT86 alloys from a 2012 car (17x7j+48 5 x 100)

I am aware that the PCD and bore size being different but I would like to ask what my options are.

Thank You in advance

Greg

Unsuitable. The GT86 is Subaru drivetrain, hubs, brakes etc. Different PCD.  Its possible to get adapter plates but certainly not advisable and not sure if they are even legal.

• Like 1

I did a quick research and there are PCD adapters available from places like this - https://www.performancealloys.com/hub-and-pcd-adapters. Just search 'wheel PCD hub adapters', and you will find plenty of options.

I checked for legality of hub adapter and spacers, and there is nothing saying you can't use them. They have to fit properly and securely!

Remember that the off set and the steering geometry may be altered.

Really not a fan of those adapter plates. You'd need to inform insurance co. etc.. And you have to remember they will increase the offset. The Avensis is 45mm and the GT86 is 48mm.  If the adapter plate is, say, 10mm then your offset with the GT86 wheels will be 58mm - so 13mm more than spec. Generally you should stay within +/- 5mm of spec otherwise you'll impact steering feel, bump-steer etc.  Obviously you would also need to check clearances lock-lock.

If it were me I would sell the GT86 alloys and buy a set of s/hand OE-spec Toyota ones that fit without any modification.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrfixer said:

Really not a fan of those adapter plates. You'd need to inform insurance co. etc.. And you have to remember they will increase the offset. The Avensis is 45mm and the GT86 is 48mm.  If the adapter plate is, say, 10mm then your offset with the GT86 wheels will be 58mm - so 13mm more than spec. Generally you should stay within +/- 5mm of spec otherwise you'll impact steering feel, bump-steer etc.  Obviously you would also need to check clearances lock-lock.

If it were me I would sell the GT86 alloys and buy a set of s/hand OE-spec Toyota ones that fit without any modification.

I am not a fan either. Let's add front wheel setup, different to rear wheel drive, and extra stress on suspension components. Yes, that is classed as a modification, and everything said earlier impacts the cars design and behaviour. 

We have given both pros and cons to using wheels and adapter/spacers. The OP probably knows, but this is for benefit of others.