Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Rav 4 alarm light

pany

Has anyone spotted the light that flashes when the alarm is armed? There is a bubble on the passenger side of the dash that looks like it should flash, but doesn’t. Wonder if it’s a light sensor. If so, is there an active flash to warn people the car is alarmed? 
just seems strange as every other car I’ve owned or borrowed has an indicator visible that the alarm is active. 

The description of the Alarm/immobiliser describes a blinking security light in the Instrument cluster which starts to blink when the ignition is switched off which indicates the activation of the immobiliser and continues to blink once the Alarm is set.

Just checked mine. So in drivers dash, the dial on the left has a red symbol flashing that looks like a car with a big padlock through it.

Incidentally does anyone know if touching the door to lock once sets the alarm and lock, touching a second time activates the immobiliser? Basically is it good practice to press the door lock twice as on other vehicles? I checked and the red light symbol does not change for either setting.

I always press twice on any car I drive, as this should deadlock the doors to 👍

1st press just does normal locking and sets the alarm.  I think the immobiliser starts automatically shortly after the car is turned off.

2nd press just adds the deadlocks (or double locking as Toyota often refer to it).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links