Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 Supra Premium Oil and Filter

Mkmtl

Hi All,

I just purchased a new 2020 Supra, and asked my dealer for the maintenance schedule and break in process.

They gave me the maintenance schedule which states oil and filter every 16k kms 0w20 ( including the break in). I find this way too long especially in a Canadian climate.

I would want to ideally change it every 6000kms. My dealer is clueless about all of this.

Does anybody know what the best alternative 0w20 oil (motul, Mobil 1 etc) I should use and what the filter part number is?

Thanks.

Toyota Owners Club is UK based and has largely European members. The standard Toyota service intervals in the UK are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. So the 10,000 miles is equivalent to your 16,000km.

In Europe, Toyota only specify the grade of oil and the minimum API standard - which currently is API SL, SM or SN.

Hi Mark, and welcome to the TOC here in UK.  Congrats on the new car. I understand limited numbers of the Supra are sold in the UK, but I do remember the car from the 1980’s-90’s. Nice looking car then, probably still is.

Serviced every 6000 km (3600 miles) doesn’t seem to be any miles with the technology that now goes into engine oil manufacturing. Is there a reason why you would want to change oil and filter so frequent?

i have  2016 Prius hybrid and it’s service is 10000 miles (16000 km) 0w-20 oil,  it considering it could easily be running on petrol engine only 50% of the time means the service in the engine is every 5000 miles (8000 km), and I feel that is too soon. 

Thank you! I've always tended to change my oil every 3 months/6000kms. Never hurts to have fresh oil, I feel like it's the least costly way to keep an engine running smoothly :). With the way I'm going to drive and the cold/hot temperatures here, I'd feel better doing it every 6000kms

2 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Serviced every 6000 km (3600 miles) doesn’t seem to be any miles with the technology that now goes into engine oil manufacturing

in Europe using synthetic or semi synthetic oil is common. Extracted from the Toyota US website:

"In most cases, Toyota recommends that Toyota owners schedule a service appointment every six months or 5000 miles, whichever comes first. The maintenance performed during each service appointment varies by vehicle model and year, driving conditions and other factors that our trained technicians evaluate. However, recommended maintenance often includes services such as tire rotation, oil change and inspection of Wiper Blades, brake pads and fluid levels.

For example, a Toyota Camry maintenance appointment usually includes a tire rotation and resets your tires to the correct psi. Scheduled Camry service may also include an oil change and oil filter replacement. For Camry owners who prefer synthetic oil, we recommend an oil change at 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever comes first."

• 1 month later...

I've found some info online and it states zee panzer engine of zee supra tiger needs only ze finest bratwurst sausage oil changing during ze Octoberfest heir Mkmtl .