Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ultra low emissions

Sumit

I have bought a toyota esteema 2004 petrol 8 seater. The car is Japan import model but recently received a ULEZ ticket. which I got when I traveled to London after 11 pm on certain central London area.

The ULEZ is a separate charge from congestion charge. The London transport have said that the charge is because of my car being 2004 petrol, and I spoke to DVLA and they sAid I should not have received this but on my V5 under Co2 emissions there is nothing stated, and I need to get the Co2 details from Toyota. I spoke to Toyota uk who have refused to help so the question is how to speak to someone in Japan Toyota who can help.

Have a look at - https://www.nextgreencar.com/view-car/14222/toyota-previa-2.4-vvt-i-petrol-automatic-4-speed/

and https://www.parkers.co.uk/toyota/previa/estate-2000/24-vvti-t-spirit-5d-auto-(7-seat)/specs/

Really you need to contest this with TfL who are responsible for operating the ULEZ.

Could be that Japanese domestic market models, such as yours, have different emissions to those which were officially imported into the UK by Toyota GB - which may also be why Toyota GB were unable to help.

Unfortunately Japanese imported cars don't have any emissions information unlike europian cars which have the Euro emissions system in place. If you got your car from an importer you could try asking them to try and get the information for you. I think it's a euro five engine or later that's allowed through the ultra emissions zone, but Japanese cars do not have that system. The importers of these cars I would have thought would have to somehow start supplying this information if possible or it could start affecting their trade.

• 2 years later...

What year did toyota start making their previa/estimas ulez compliant? I don't have a number plate to give you, but I hope the question is not to difficult to answer.

The ULEZ Euro emissions standard for petrol cars is EuroIV - see:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/ways-to-meet-the-standard

If your car is a European market Previa, this will be EuroIV.

If yours is a Japanese Domestic Market Estima and has been imported to the UK from Japan, it won't have a Euro classification as Japan doesn't operate the same emissions classification system as Europe. You need to determine from the importer what level of CO2/NOx the car produces or see what information, if any, is on the V5C (log book). As regards VED, think these Japanese imports get taxed at a flat rate each year.

• 1 year later...

i think it is 206/Kgm for a MK3 estima . i had to look it up to get a french air level sticker to go to France but i found the stat somewhere . i live in west London and mu car is estima 2012 and it is ULEZ friendly..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links