Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vitz/Yaris driver door beeper & reverse beeper

frankmachine

Hello Toyota people..

I have a 2001 Toyota Vitz which has an incredibly annoying feature of a beeper chiming away when the drivers door is open and when vehicle is in reverse.

Is anyone able to advise me a procedure to disable this?

I have thought about dismantling steering wheel locating the little speaker and disconnecting it or cutting it, but is there a better way?

thanks
frank.

Do you have rear parking sensors ? Bleeping with the door open is usually a key reminder

Hi, I have no idea if this is the same but on my Rav 4 there is a very small round switch in the rear section that will turn off the rear sensors, 'bleeps' if that is your wish?

Regards, Mike.

Hello guys

it is not a reversing sensor, but merely an INTERNAL ONLY bleeping coming from inside the steering wheel cowling.   it is activated the moment you put the key in the ignition when the door is open and when you are in reverse gear.  All it is basically doing is beeping to say:

1 - Your door is open!  Your door is open!

2- You are in reverse!  You are in reverse!....

Very annoying to anyone with half an idea of driving.

Anyone else got this on their (Jap import) vehicle?

thanks

frank

I have an idea that the speaker that you have located in the steering cowl will also be used to create the indicator 'clicking' sound, so if you were to disable the speaker you would lose all the warnings including the indicator.  I had a play with something similar on a Mazda 6 instrument pcb that was annoyingly loud.  In the end, I put a lump of Blu -Tack (adhesive putty for poster hanging) onto the hole that let the sound out of the speaker module - that quietened it down a fair bit.

The indicator beeps come from the same source as the seatbelt warning beeps.  Remove your seatbelt, and the indicator beeps stop.

Last car we had was a Fiat 500 and the seatbelt alarm was deafening.  By connecting a computer to the OBD, you could disable the seatbelt alarm.  Brilliant!

I wish we could disable the stupid seatbelt alarm in our Yaris, but at least the noise isn't so loud and piercing compared to the horrible noise in a Fiat500.

Why do we want to drive without the seatbelt? .......... I hear you all ask.

Our drive is about 100yds long.  Nothing posh, just a track.  The lane on which we live is maybe 200yds long with zero traffic other than us.  Why the heck should we fit the seatbelts to go along our drive to open the gate, then down the lane before even entering the public roads?

Why the heck should we fit seatbelts in a carpark going from the recycling points to park up to go into the supermarket?

Stop the stupid alarms!!!!!!

Mick.

I volunteer at an airfield, which requires often driving fair distances at a very low speed. I've found the 'annoying beep'  doesn't activate below around 10MPH and turns itself off after 30 seconds or so.

On 10/3/2019 at 8:52 PM, Mick F said:

Stop the stupid alarms!!!!!!

Mick.

Here, here!

The door open alarm drives us nuts too.  If we keep the car (and the horrible throttle response is enough to ruin the driving experience for us and make us want to get rid of it after only a few months ownership) I am going to identify the wire at the ignition switch that makes the car 'know' when the key is pushed in.  However it looks like I will probably have to deactivate the airbag and remove the steering wheel before I can get the indicator switch cowling off. ☹️     

• Like 1

I was at a cashpoint ATM yesterday.  Beep Beep Beep every single time I pressed a button.

Supermarket checkouts beep.  Card readers beep. My phone beeps. My computer beeps at times.  The washing machine beeps.  The microwave beeps.  The landline phone beeps. My Garmin beeps.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Mick.

12 hours ago, Tintaglia said:

Here, here!

Where, where!🤣

22 hours ago, mrpj said:

Where, where!🤣

I asked for that!  I don't quite know how I managed to make such a mistake. 😄  

On 10/5/2019 at 7:19 AM, Mick F said:

I was at a cashpoint ATM yesterday.  Beep Beep Beep every single time I pressed a button.

Supermarket checkouts beep.  Card readers beep. My phone beeps. My computer beeps at times.  The washing machine beeps.  The microwave beeps.  The landline phone beeps. My Garmin beeps.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Mick.

My microwave beeps very loudly upon each button press.  It's a combi oven so some programs take multiple presses to achieve.  To add insult to injury, when cooking is complete, it announces this marvellous feat with five long, loud, further beeps!   

This was all before I took a small screwdriver to the internal piezo speaker...