Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo cut out when driving

aygo11

Hello,

Today, after having driven for about 4 miles/20 minutes, my Aygo cut out when driving. I was driving quite slowly, maybe 20mph. I turned the key in the ignition and it started, but I could hear it shaking slightly and it would then cut out again after all the lights went on. Fortunately, I managed to find a parking spot and I then started my car again a few times when stationary, but the same thing happened. I called my insurer and when the technician arrived, the same thing happened to him. He then revved the engine and it worked - the car has started - we then switched it off and started it again a few times and it was working fine. He also ran a diagnostic test and check the Battery - no faults were detected. I then had to drive to work for another 45 minutes, he followed me for a while, and it was all fine. 

It has been raining here heavily for the past few days and two people suggested to me that it's likely some water could get into electrics or the fuel pump so it wasn't delivering the fuel properly and revving helped to burn it. I'm parked outside all day and even though I didn't drive through massive flood waters, there have been some pretty big puddles that I had to drive through in the last couple of days. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? The test didn't show any faults with the car, so I'm hoping this was caused by water and not anything else. Thank you!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links