Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Cut

KiwiMR2

Sorry to dig up an old topic but I've had this safe mode thing just happen to me. I put on a new exhaust about a week back. An this weekend I ran the car (Rev1GT) on 98 octane. A few times boosting it in second, I'd go to change into 3rd and I'd get fuel cut. However, I don't get it every time. Why is this?

NZMR2

Sorry to dig up an old topic but I've had this safe mode thing just happen to me. I put on a new exhaust about a week back. An this weekend I ran the car (Rev1GT) on 98 octane. A few times boosting it in second, I'd go to change into 3rd and I'd get fuel cut. However, I don't get it every time. Why is this?

NZMR2

External temps probablly......do you have an aftermarket boost gauge?? The new exhaust has free'd up the flow out and that's why it's boosting enough to hit FC. So say you go out in the middle of the day when it's 14 degrees out and boost hard you might hit 10 psi...fuel cut at 12 psi....then you go out at night (which Im sure you have noticed it's coldddddddd) and then the car will boost more and your more likely to hit the FC.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Ah, Coming to think of it, that may well be the case. External temps. No

boost guage so I don't really know. Plus I tried to make it do it straight after, by just turning the car off for a sec to reset safe mode and boosting it, but no fuel cut came in... Weird.

P.S. Kiwi, you know any where in NZ I can get a border front and end caps?

NZMR2

boost guage so I don't really know. Plus I tried to make it do it straight after, by just turning the car off for a sec to reset safe mode and boosting it, but no fuel cut came in... Weird.

Do some more testing but Im pretty sure you will find if you go out now after about 5 mins a hard boost will see fuel cut, and probably every time from then on for the rest of the night :) You really need a boost controller to set it to a specific level...ideally an EBC as you are more likley to get spikes with an ebc.

NZMR2

To be honest I don't think anyone in NZ supplys them.....TRY this guy:

speedfactorynz@hotmail.com

he does tom's & veilside so MAYBE he can get border otherwise your best choice is:

http://www.takakaira.com

Cheers

KiwiMR2

NZMR2

;)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-13482673.htm

Cheers

KiwiMR2

This is wierd, but ive come back from holiday and tried the car out

it got to 6000rpm without cutout and still wanted to go with full boost, the only thing i can think of is the car is now using the optimax i put in after i did super unleaded the week before. Ie the super unleaded was used up in the tank, and now its using the optimax.

any ideas?

oh and it was a hot day when i tried the car out, the day before the almighty struck my house with lightning :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links