Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DPF

Deakin

Hi can someone please tell me when the dpf started getting fitted to the Toyota avensis,was it around 2011 or later and do they give much trouble.Thanks for any help

I believe it was sooner, but not on all of them. If your D4D insignia on the car or the engine cover is coloured in green, then that is supposedly an indication that you have a DPF fitted. Of course, I could be totally wrong with this, but that was a couple of things I had read on the subject in the past.

Thanks Paul never knew the bit about the green on the engine cover that's a new one on me, maybe someone could verify this for us 

Also, my general feeling from reading this forum for a while is that the DPF system doesn't seem to be particularly problematic, compared to other cars. Even the EGR valves are usually pretty good, mostly just requiring some occasional cleaning.

Depends upon which engine you have - they actually started getting being installed ~2005 in D-CATs (there were D-CAT versions of both 2.2 & 2.0 but very few 2.0 D-CATs came to the UK, don't know about Eire). D-CATs are a Toyota specific type (Toyota calls them DPNRs) of DPF.  D-CATs have the green in D4D on the cover.

By Autumn 2011 (2012MY facelift) they were being fitted to all diesels (not all of which were D-CATs).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links