Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"Traffic spec" lights - 2004 Yaris Verso

Yarso

I'm thinking about replacing one of the headlight assemblies on my Yaris Verso, but there are two different specs - one being standard lights and the other "Traffic spec". Unfortunately the stock photos for the two parts show them as visually identical. Does anyone here know the difference between the two?

TIA!

My August 2005 Price list shows no Headlight options for the Yaris Verso.Nor for the  Yaris.

Edit

But the 2004 model change saw a change in headlamps.

I suggest tarffic spec.. means the later model with teardrops at the inside corner vs the original which did not have them.. I looked at the eBay advert  item 223072663322

Ah yes -I think you're right. Ours have the teardrops, and I've just found another listing which shows some without. So the changeover probably happened some time during 2004 - maybe not even at a single point in time, as French- and Japanese-made bodies may have switched at different times.

If I can bring myself to stump up £200 (on a car that's probably worth less than £800), I'll go for the traffic-spec ones.

If I were you I would buy used ones  (?ebay?Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree).

But then I am a very mean Scot....

Nope, there are 2 types, the traffic headlights are aimed to the right for driving a rhd car abroad

You can get pattern part items from £35 each

Why are you looking to change the headlight has it become discoloured / cloudy ?

Yes - not only are they cloudy, but the O/S headlight is crazed - I think the previous owner (my Dad) polished them a bit too hard with a rotary polisher and caused that. The N/S is near-perfect because it was replaced after a minor bump a few years back - so I'm replacing it more to make it look the same both sides than to make it less cloudy!

I don't think you can get Yaris Verso pattern parts for £35! And "Traffic spec" has nothing to do with RHD or LHD. Other than that you're completely right!

I know, but I have one nearly-new and one old one. I'm not going to change that for one nearly new and one slightly better old one. It's still going to look lopsided.

Traffic spec are aimed to the right, standard on lhd European models, so non standard on rhd cars

O/S headlamps seem to be the ones that get the abuse if you go onto eBay and type 'Yaris Verso breaking' I'm sure you will find one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xyaris+verso+breaking.TRS0&_nkw=yaris+verso+breaking&_sacat=0

Flash22: My apologies - I was misinformed by a Toyota dealer's parts dept. You're quite right, and they have now explained that "traffic spec" is as you say.

I know there are often used ones on eBay, but I don't want a used one!

It looks as they are Valeo headlights, Valeo don't list it as a catalogue item so more than likely they are just a OE supplier, tbh there is not enough demand for the aftermarket to produce them i have checked the major suppliers and nothing

I have come across this before with car produced in lower numbers, 2 choices - a good used item and then polish and seal it or stump up the £180+ from a main stealer, if its as bad as you say it will fail a MOT

Yes, marked as faulty on the MOT but not yet a fail. I have stumped up the £180+, which is I guess a bit daft on a 15 year old vehicle, but at least I only have one to replace, not two!

It's one of the classic dilemmas with vehicles of that age - I've already replaced the rear exhaust section (Toyota dealer price was cheaper than any of the pattern part suppliers I could find!), so I've got to keep on spending. But up to a point I don't mind too much, as they are very versatile little cars...

I found eBay German exhausts are very good and 1/3rd Toyota's price..

Our yaris is 16.. New heater resistor ? Nope s hand £7.. 

The dealer price for the rear section was £90 which is Ok. The front section is over £1k, but in fairness that does include the cat, as it's all in one. I had a lot of trouble finding a seller of pattern parts that could say for certain that they had one that would fit a Yaris Verso.

Secondhand parts are probably the way to go for internal bits - but easier to do with a standard Yaris than with a Verso.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links