Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

An odd issue with 2012 Auris

JMW92

Hello all,

I've got a bit of a strange one for you. Hoping someone can help as it has me stumped.

My old man is having an issue with his 12plate auris (1.6) it's throwing a crankshaft sensor fault code (P0335).

Replaced the sensor with OEM cleared it and it came back within a day. It's the only code there. 

Symptoms are very occasionally 'stalling' when coming to a long slow stop at a junction or lights if that makes sense. Everything else normal.
Any ideas ?

There is a Technical service bulletin that could apply to this issue,

bulletin ref: BE-0003T-0112 , Subject: An open terminal in the wire harness connector is resulting in DTC P0335 and/or P0368.

Description of Phenomenon: Some customers may complain that there is an open terminal in the wire harness connector that connects the engine wire harness with the camshaft position sensor which results in DTC P0335 and / or DTC P0368. Note: The described phenomenon only appears on the ZR-engine family.

To check remove the top plastic engine cover and look for a label on the harness passing over the intake manifold if the label has a date between 28/01/2011 & 03/03/2011 then the harness is affected and requires replacing with a new harness.

The bulletin assumes an issue under warranty and states to replace the engine wiring harness which is not a difficult job however the affected harness is very expensive @ £972 + vat.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links