Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat nav update..

jeff juke

Not being too bright on car subjects and having people to do things for me (im disabled) Could any of

you guys ,tell me please how to update and pay for,if need be,the sat nav in my 2010 avensis ?

Thanks in advance guys...

Depends on the model of satnav. The older type has a DVD disc behind the screen (or possibly under the front passenger seat) and the newer version would have a SD memory card. Some types may be on a hard drive system, those types I don't know if you can easily update by yourself. If you try a Toyota dealer or https://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu then you will be able to buy a quite expensive new memory card or DVD for your system. Otherwise eBay, Amazon and many other places will have cheaper, but often pirated, updates.

If you have the hard drive map it has to be Mr T to update it & the cost (last Feb) was £185approx. but no guarantee it will be the an up to date map, only the latest one they have. It also takes some hours to do they told me and has to be on a special computer??? which is shared by several dealers so can take some time to get hold of. I did not go ahead with with it due to cost and no certainty of an up to date map. If I need a current map I use a TomTom 😉  Hope you get it sorted ok 👍

On 10/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, paul9 said:

Depends on the model of satnav. The older type has a DVD disc behind the screen (or possibly under the front passenger seat) and the newer version would have a SD memory card. Some types may be on a hard drive system, those types I don't know if you can easily update by yourself. If you try a Toyota dealer or https://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu then you will be able to buy a quite expensive new memory card or DVD for your system. Otherwise eBay, Amazon and many other places will have cheaper, but often pirated, updates.

Thanks Paul for that...

i have an iso for the tns700 models but i'm not able to burn a playable dvd map.

any of you had done a working copy?

thank you

If you are using +R discs then you might want to try a -R type or vice versa. I had come across a guide which was using DVD Decryptor and IMGBurn, not that I can ever find it again or remember any of the recommended settings, but I vaguely remember it mentioned that disc type was important. If you ripped your own ISO from an original disc, then you possibly have not removed the copy protection, which I assume was the reason for using DVD Decryptor.

I’ve downloaded it, i’ve tried with +R and  -R and didn’t works

as Paul suggests the system is encrypted (albeit it was cracked years ago)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links