Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2001 Avensis Estate Modified Build Project

GH05T

Hey everyone. Mark here. New to the forum. Here is my daily driver...

A 2001 Avensis Estate. GS spec. 2.0 D4D with genuine 78k miles. 2 former keepers. Full Toyota service history. 

Purchased a month ago as my previous car died a horrible death. And this is what came up at the time. Absolute bargain for what it cost. And drives fantastic! Pretty clean for year. Interior is immaculate. Engine pulls well (could do with a bit more oomph tho).

Anyway...

It's my daily and in the month of having it, I've replaced the Battery with a brand new one as the old one was dying. I do have a free plans for it to be a modified project car too. So if your interested in that sort of thing, this is the thread to follow!

A couple of pics of the beast totally stock when purchased...

20191002_081526.jpg

20191002_081507.jpg

First mod. Fitted SR spec front mesh grill. Needs painting obviously but looks way better than the stock plastic slatted one with chrome trim. 😁

Point Blur_Oct022019_203812.jpg

• Like 1

Today the beast got washed, autoglym shampoo, not waxed or detailed, just a quick bath. 

Also debadged the rear end and the front wings, and de wipered the rear and used a 32mm blanking bung for the hole left in the boot lid.

Looks good. Might take the toyota Badge off too? Finally I used some autoglym magma cleaner on the alloys, you should have seen the engrained grime come off them! Thoughts on the progress so far...

Point Blur_Oct032019_135301.jpg

Point Blur_Oct032019_135148.jpg

20191003_135738.jpg

Couple of random shots from today. Might get the car lowered? Say 40mm? 

20191003_174557.jpg

20191003_174626.jpg

Fitted brighter xenon bulbs and LEDs to all headlight bulbs today. Pics dont really do any justice, but they sure do make a big difference in appearance and functionality. 

20191003_175624.jpg

So what's everyones thoughts so far? Let me know! When the weather picks up, I will be refurbishing the wheels and considering getting them painted white? 

White may not work out so well, unless you keep on top of the cleaning. I get a lot of dust shed from my brakes, although at least it sticks to the backs of the wheels a lot more than to the fronts. Personally, my first priority would have been new filters, clean the EGR valve and airflow sensor. My car does look a lot more tatty than yours ever will, I suspect.🤣

On 10/12/2019 at 5:27 AM, paul9 said:

White may not work out so well, unless you keep on top of the cleaning. I get a lot of dust shed from my brakes, although at least it sticks to the backs of the wheels a lot more than to the fronts. Personally, my first priority would have been new filters, clean the EGR valve and airflow sensor. My car does look a lot more tatty than yours ever will, I suspect.🤣

Car has full Toyota service history and was only serviced 2k miles ago so all filters are good. However yes the EGR I will look at. Any ideas where abouts it is on the 2.0 d4d lump? Pics? Thankyou. 

not 100%, but passenger side on the head just above the flywheel with a largish 6 pin plug, under the hose from the MAF/airbox

If not its front and centre on the manifold  as you open the bonnet

is that the 2cte or the 1CD engine ?

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

not 100%, but passenger side on the head just above the flywheel with a largish 6 pin plug, under the hose from the MAF/airbox

If not its front and centre on the manifold  as you open the bonnet

is that the 2cte or the 1CD engine ?

Unsure? I know it's a 2.0 DTD with about 110bhp. I guess I should check the handbook? 

Thankyou for the video. That avensis is the next shape up from mine. Mine is the old shape. And the engine in that video is a 2.2 mines a 2.0. But I'll take a look regardless thankyou.

Power steering belt replaced this morning. Look at this lol. Surprised it was still hanging on to be honest as it was so badly cracked everywhere. 🤣

20191015_092334.jpg

20191015_092338.jpg

One shiney new power steering/air con belt fitted. Part number for reference if it helps anyone shown in pics.

20191015_094354.jpg

20191015_094336.jpg