Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head unit cutting out 2014 Icon

Mark2487

Hi All,

I have a 2014 64 plate Avensis and have had it 4 years, bought 2nd hand from Motorpoint. Over the years the head unit has rebooted from time to time. Recently its started to do it more often, so while its under warranty I took it to a local dealer. They came back and said it needed updates! ok I said do it but they wanted £150 because they needed some key. I said no as normally is all done via a usb and software (which they said I could get for nothing)

Ive read over the last few days that this is a known problem and there is a technical doc about it. I've downloaded the files and placed on the root of a known working USB flash and put it in and then turned on. Nothing happens anyone got any ideas?

Software is 4.3.0L

Map ID 2014v2

Audio software is 000000

Am registered with mytoyota and also the EU site so have been able to get the files

Look forward to hearing back and have read all I can here as well as others, so hope I've not double posted the same.

Try disconnecting the power for five minutes, via the connectors at the back, or the fuse or the Battery. Make sure you don't need a security code for that unit, or that you have the code available. My satnav will try to update after a power disconnect.

Ok on a 64 plate car the Free map offer has expired so any update to the navigation ECU and its Maps involve a license key and a cost if the update fixes a fault and the car is still within warranty then Toyota will cover the cost, if the the update does not fix a fault or the car is out of warranty by age/miles then you will have to pay.

Updates for the headunit are a separate thing the software is available to dealers or via the toyota-tech.eu website.

Have you got a copy of the bulletin (BE-0003T-0116) that goes with the headunit 00000000 error fix? as there are software versions for use via USB and versions for use via CD-ROM, what version have you got? also there are two software updates a patch for the 00000000 version error and then a Software update ( version depends on headunit type )

When updating you can only have one software version on the USB/CD at a time.

As you have navigation you can either only update via CDROM or

remove the headunit

swap USB plug from the Navigation ECU to the headunit

then disconnect the nav harness's from the headunit

Disconnect/reconnect the headunit power supply ( forces the headunit to reboot )

update via USB (one at a time) then reverse the above.

As for the Nav update only try this once the 0000000 error has been fixed, the update is easily obtainable but to allow the update you need a key which along with your headunit ID on mytoyota you input the then generates a update key,( make sure your engine is running, insert the update USB into your car wait for the prompts, input the update key then wait for about an hour as the USB updates the nav.

Morning all and thanks Devon,

The car has warranty until December and has 47k on the clock. The dealer refused full stop that its covered by warranty and what's annoying the car has been to them before for other warranty work! They also left a stench in the car of oil and wanted me to return the following day to inspect again as was to late. Wigan

Yes, I followed the guides and got the bulletin. Unpacked it and placed the USB 000000 contents on a known working drive, put it into the car before starting and then started the car. Nothing, even after 30 mins. I've not tried the other files as yet. I did notice the CD version and thought of that route, but not attempted as yet 

I will try the cdrom route later and report back

Thanks Lee, have it updated now or at least the bulletin side. From reading I had to update via cd and not usb as was the case.

For the Nav update I think the update I downloaded was 2.19.0L would this sound about right? Due to size would have to be by usb, will it work with the other not.

TIA

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links