Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to get headlights on full beam?

Guido Brunetti

We have a Corolla hatchback Icon Tech 1.8 Hybrid. Whether the headlight selector is on Auto or Manual, the full beam lights don't come on when the steering column stalk is used to select full beam ie the lights remain dipped. If I pull the stalk towards me, as if flashing the headlights, the full beam comes on. What's going on?

Sounds to me like a fault that will require a trip to the dealer, I'm afraid.

Look to the lower right hand side assuming it’s a RHD model and you’ll find a switch that activates the auto high beam function 

Sounds like Guido has tried that: "headlight selector is on Auto or Manual"

ah! NOW I get it - you're suggesting that's referring to the main side/head light switch

21 minutes ago, Cjohnston1982 said:

Look to the lower right hand side assuming it’s a RHD model and you’ll find a switch that activates the auto high beam function 

That's exactly right. If the switch is illuminated (which it was) then moving the stalk forward has no effect. Turn off the auto high beam and the stalk behaves like one would expect.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

• Like 1

Your car has AHB (Auto high beam) which is switched on as you currently cannot manually operate the high beam, as mentioned above there is an AHB on/off switch to the right of the steering wheel switch AHB off if you want manual control or leave it on make sure your headlight are on Auto and the stalk pushed forwards to let the AHB take control

Hi to put the head lights on high beam you need to push the indicator stork towards the dash. I don't tnhink the icon tech  is fitted with auto high beam its only just auto lights which turn on wben it gets dark

5 hours ago, Leo63 said:

Hi to put the head lights on high beam you need to push the indicator stork towards the dash. I don't tnhink the icon tech  is fitted with auto high beam its only just auto lights which turn on wben it gets dark

Mines an icon tech and it has the auto dip feature

To get the auto high beam to work you need  to turn your  lights on auto on the indicator stork and push the towards the dash and push the auto high beam light on which right and side of the lower dash the should be lit and on the dash a green A should also be on above the fuel gauge.  Note the auto high beam will not work in a well lit area or when following of vehicles or driving towards them.

20191006_160240.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links