Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aerial cable

Buff69

Hi would anyone know where the cable run is from head unit to the aerial on AWD Excel Hybrid without glass roof please as will be fitting a rear camera from Dashcam and I want to run the cable away from aerial cable (DAB interference) many thanks 

Hi Buff69, I'm not sure where the antenna cable runs. But I have fitted a front and rear camera to my Rav and I have absolutely no interference to the radio (DAB, FM or AM). 

I ran the camera cable from the front camera to rear camera by tucking the cable up into the head liner just in front of the windscreen, then down the nearside of the car, again tucked inside the head liner to the boot. I then feed the cable through the left hand (near side) rubber tube that carries other wires to the boot door. The rear camera is mounted top/centre of the back screen.

Hope it helps.

Hi BigGreenKwak that’s excellent thanks for letting me know how you done it 👍 which cam did you fit?  

I have the Viofo A129 Duo. Both front and rear cameras work really well. The only thing I have noticed is this camera has continuous record mode when parked, I have it powered by the hard wired kit which monitors the car Battery and will power down the camera when the voltage drops to 12.4volts. The issue is this happens after a couple of hours of being parked, not a problem with the camera, the 12volt car Battery must be a very small amperage for it to drop so quickly.

Hi that’s good to know as the Viofo A129 Duo pro is definitely on my short list and will most likely be the one I go for, it’s an excellent piece of kit for not a lot of money and now I know there’s no interference I might go ahead and purchase. The only thing is I can’t hard wire any Dashcam in so was thinking on an external Battery and then plug that in to the power socket. Would you know if the power socket in the boot is switched or does it stay live permanently? Thanks BigGreenKwak 

The power socket in the boot is switched.